Z06 aircleaner lid install

Grayeagle

When you change out the air lid .. got the rubber grommets popped back in an all .. but the spring steel clips that wrap around .. apparantly they are supposed to grab onto somethin down at the bottom of the aircleaner enclosure .. but .. damfino what.

Almost looks like there is a peice missing down there for them to clip to that was clipped onto the old lid.

(a little rust mark in a small square alongside where the end of the clip ends up.)

-shrug- .. off to work now, perhaps they fell off takin the old one out or somethin .. nothin under the car or inside anywhere I can see or reach. Prolly have to stop by the dealer an look them up.

-Frank

I believe the clips you are talking about are a 1 time clamp deal. You prolly need to go find some regular hose clamps that fit now. Pretty 100% sure, but pretty sure.

Guest UVETTYA

Frank, I just looked at my stock airbox and there are two straps that just hook over a notch at the bottom of the lid and the other end has a plastic piece that says "release" on it. That piece locks the lid to the box by inserting the two ears on the plastic piece, into the two rectangular shaped pieces in the lid, and rocking the plastic piece down until it snaps into place, locking the lid to the box.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Frank, the clips are reuse-able. If you have lost yours I have a c5 airbox with the latching band hanging on it.

You are welcome to the bands or clip what ever you want to call them. Let me know. :D

ah! . . there are notches in the bottom part of the air box assembly that the metal clips slide into an grab onto.

Just could not see them at all today .. will snap em in tomorrow mornin :)

Thanks for the kind offers of stuff :) .. did some research on CV and found the .pdf that explains the zip tie mod, and it had the pix of the notches :)

Now that I know where they are my fingers can 'see' to put the clips back in :)

-Frank