Borla Stinger 2 Tip PICS ADDED

JimmyZ78

I'm removing this cat back set up since the twins are going on as we speak and I want 3" out the back. These have the best sound I've ever heard and look very mean as well. I'd rather sell locally so no shipping, so let me know.

These are very new as well, probably have 5k on them

$500

I'm removing this cat back set up since the twins are going on as we speak and I want 3" out the back. These have the best sound I've ever heard and look very mean as well. I'd rather sell locally so no shipping, so let me know.

These are very new as well, probably have 5k on them

$500

Price too high or what?

As Sean said in another topic, most on this board alredy have cat backs. Someone may pop up soon though. good luck on the sale! :thumbs

On my list of 'things to do' .. but .. several other things I need to do before I make the car louder.

Can post these for sale on the corvette forum, and on craigslist ..they'll get more exposure for sure :)

-Frank

On my list of 'things to do' .. but .. several other things I need to do before I make the car louder.

Can post these for sale on the corvette forum, and on craigslist ..they'll get more exposure for sure :)

-Frank

I thought of that, but I'm not wanting to ship these. I'll do craigslist. They should be coming off the car today.

:devil 3" Straights :devil

500 is a little high IMO. A used exhaust is usually 1/2 of retail. Retail is about 750.

SunDevil C5

-Frank

I thought of that, but I'm not wanting to ship these. I'll do craigslist. They should be coming off the car today.

Do you have any pics? I might be interested if you descide to come down a bit on the price.

-Frank

Do you have any pics? I might be interested if you descide to come down a bit on the price.

I think its a high price too, just going on what was suggested. If your around Mikes shop you can go look at it there.

$350 Firm.

I do have a pic, I'll post up later.

Guest Kens06

Jimmy,

I've never met you, but I gave my Borla Stingers to Joe at Classic Gold to install my PRTs!!

That's how much I hated the sound, inside and out!!

A new tune and the PRTs, I'm in love with my car again!!

Good Luck with the sale!!

Ken

Jimmy,

I've never met you, but I gave my Borla Stingers to Joe at Classic Gold to install my PRTs!!

Ken

Thanks buddy. I'm sure this will really help my sale. :huh

Anyway, I actually don't really want to get rid of these because I love the sound so much, but with the twins being done I want the most possible power and a good loud sound. I think these would be too quiet with the twins, so straights with an X pipe is going in.

I'll help you out here Jimmy. I loved my Borla's on the C5. I'd pay good money to have that sound again! :thumbs:thumbs

Jimmy,

Ken

Anyway, I actually don't really want to get rid of these because I love the sound so much, but with the twins being done I want the most possible power and a good loud sound. I think these would be too quiet with the twins, so straights with an X pipe is going in.

If you want to hear at TT car with Borla stingers let me know. I think they compliment each other great.

Jimmy,

Ken

If you want to hear at TT car with Borla stingers let me know. I think they compliment each other great.

If they don't sell, and I don't like the straights, I'll try these back out.

SunDevil C5

How do these compare to Bullets? Interior (drone) / exterior sound? I had borla on my camaro SS before and loved it but just don't know the comparison between what I have now. Any comments would be appreciated.

How do these compare to Bullets? Interior (drone) / exterior sound? I had borla on my camaro SS before and loved it but just don't know the comparison between what I have now. Any comments would be appreciated.

I haven't heard the bullets yet but I know they're loud and that would mean a good bit of drone. These don't have any drone in my eyes, just plain good sound.

If you want to see them or want them, they're at Mike's, waiting to be installed. LMK.

post-470-1174650272.jpg

I haven't heard the bullets yet but I know they're loud and that would mean a good bit of drone. These don't have any drone in my eyes, just plain good sound.

If you want to see them or want them, they're at Mike's, waiting to be installed. LMK.

Guest Kens06

Jimmy,

Ken

Hey Bro,

I'm sorry that I didn't clarify my statement!!

Stingers sound great on a stock C5!! You can actually hear the exhaust on the Vert/Coupe and it's a deeper note on the Z!!

However, it wasn't designed to play nice with other exhaust mods!

Mine is a 383 with cam, heads, Kook's LT's, highflow cats, and X-pipe!!

The resonance inside was uncomfortable and annoying!

When you are shifting to get out of the two resonance bands instead of what the situation calls for, it's time to modify something! Or just never drop below 3K and all is well!!

Ken

-Frank

I think its a high price too, just going on what was suggested. If your around Mikes shop you can go look at it there.

$350 Firm.

I have the 4 tips now but am debating going with the two tips (like I had on my last Z). I'm definitely interested. Can you email me any pics? I'm assuming they're in nearly perfect shape?

Shoot me an email... andrew.wheaton@wellsfargo.com

:thumbs

-Frank

$350 Firm.

I have the 4 tips now but am debating going with the two tips (like I had on my last Z). I'm definitely interested. Can you email me any pics? I'm assuming they're in nearly perfect shape?

Shoot me an email... andrew.wheaton@wellsfargo.com

:thumbs

I'd be emailing you the pic above, so just scroll up a few :lol

Good morning

I saw your post on the Borla for sale and am interested, if they are still available.

(Looks like I may not be first in line.)

Your post said they are at "Mike's" waiting to be installed? Do you know how much he charges and where he is located?

I recently sold my Prowler and picked up an 04 Vette.

Enjoying the car but hate the exhaust that is on it. The previous owner installed the Billy Boat PRT system and it sounds more like a motor boat than a sports car. (Everyone has different tastes but this one just isn't for me.) I had a Borla system on the Prowler and loved it.

If they are still available, I will need to talk to the mrs considering the system and the install. (You know how that works.)

Thanks

Bob Rinsem

Good morning

I saw your post on the Borla for sale and am interested, if they are still available.

(Looks like I may not be first in line.)

Your post said they are at "Mike's" waiting to be installed? Do you know how much he charges and where he is located?

I recently sold my Prowler and picked up an 04 Vette.

Enjoying the car but hate the exhaust that is on it. The previous owner installed the Billy Boat PRT system and it sounds more like a motor boat than a sports car. (Everyone has different tastes but this one just isn't for me.) I had a Borla system on the Prowler and loved it.

If they are still available, I will need to talk to the mrs considering the system and the install. (You know how that works.)

Thanks

Bob Rinsem

The install is easy....as long as you can get the car a few feet or so in the air.

Buy it and host a corvette Saturday/Sunday and we'll show up to help put them on...even bring tools if necessary.

Welcome aboard.

Buy it and host a corvette Saturday/Sunday and we'll show up to help put them on...even bring tools if necessary.

I'll just load up the Vette

Sounds good. I'll take them for the $350. I'm assuming they come with all the clamps, etc, as they did new. Let me know if you'd like Paypal or cash. I'm home sick (on the couch watching basketball) right now so it may take a couple days for me to pick them up. :D

Where is "Mike's" anyway? I'm in Chandler near 101/Ray. Feel free to email me at the address I gave above (have my Blackberry on me and might not be back to the computer til later).

Thanks

James

Just wanted to say thanks for a really smooth transaction.

Picked up the Borla's and everything went great.

Mike was able to install them, on the spot, so got to drive home with the exhaust note that I had been missing.

Thanks also to Mike for the immediate install and the forum members who offered to help.

Bob

P.S. Anyone want a Billy Boat PRT System, for $175?

Sounds good. I'll take them for the $350. I'm assuming they come with all the clamps, etc, as they did new. Let me know if you'd like Paypal or cash. I'm home sick (on the couch watching basketball) right now so it may take a couple days for me to pick them up. :D

Where is "Mike's" anyway? I'm in Chandler near 101/Ray. Feel free to email me at the address I gave above (have my Blackberry on me and might not be back to the computer til later).

Thanks

Sorry Weedo, I was at a work function all day and I checked my email on my phone. I didn't get a chance to check this and just wanted them gone.

Thanks Bob. Very quick sale and I'm sure Mike appreciates it.

Too bad Weedo. Maybe someone else will be selling there's soon, or you can look on CF and find one there.

Congrats to you though Bob. :thumbs