My overly long body shop story

BlakMajik

I have been inactive on here for quite awhile partially because I have had some misfortune in the last 6-7 months or so. If anyone remembers, I was headed out to Kansas City, MO for the World Finals in car audio competition with my 89 Vette. Needless to say the car did very well placing 3rd in the Expert Open class. After te show I was fortunate enough to go to NCM and get some pics of the car in front of the facility. (They came out great by the way). But in less than 72 hours all things went bad. As we were headed through Tennessee to go see my dad and show him the car, Nature wanted to rain on my parade. As we were headed east on I40 through the mountains a crosswind gust got ahold of the enclosed trailer we were pulling and the tail started wagging the dog you could say. It ended up with us crossing the median intto oncoming traffic and getting slammed by another car at probabl no less than 70 mph. Suffice to say the truck and trailer were immediately totalled. The vette however would not die. It suffered some cosmetic damage and was the only vehicle left to get us home to AZ from TN. I sufffered small injuries while my travel partner fractured the L1 vertabrae in his back. So we drove the vette all the way back to AZ with his broke back and all. Talk about taking some pain killers.

The next chapter to this story is asking for the recommendation for a body shop to take care of my now broken up baby. It was pretty well unanimous from everyone Classic Gold was the place to go. I approached Joe there and he was willing to take on the project to bring the car back to it's former luster. I know I must have bugged him at least once a week seeing what had been done on the car. And understandably so, with the car being black, it wasn't the easiest color to get flaws out of. But I must say, they took the car, took the time and made the car a better example than when I had it. I know it was a pain but I wanted to make it known that I appreciated Joe's and his team's efforts in making sure I had a car to be proud of.

Thanks for the recommendations and thanks to Classic Gold for bringing "BlakMajik" back to show worthy status again. :clap

Glad to hear you were able to drive home after the accident.

I also recently had some paint work done by Classic Gold and they performed magic on my vehicle also.

I did see your Vette in the shop when I picked up my vehicle.

Glad to hear you are happy with the final results.

Phil... :devil

Hurrah for Classic Gold! It's great to know we have some great care givers here!!!

I have never heard a bad story about them, they have always done great work for me, and they have a customer for life here!

Man oh man, that musta' been one scary ride. Hope you buddy is doing well. I'm sure the ride back wasn't very comfortable for him.

Glad to hear that Joe was able to help you out. I've heard nothing but good about him.

Andrew

Wow :eek

Glad you made it out ok and that the vette is well too. Sounds like a scary experience. Someone is looking out for you. :angel

Wow :eek

Glad you made it out ok and that the vette is well too. Sounds like a scary experience. Someone is looking out for you. :angel

I have no doubt someone was looking after me. I am grateful I can still enjoy the life I live.

Now it's time to get to some events since the vette is back home!!!

WOW....... I didn't see this thread until now and am pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the kudos. Its nice to hear when someone is happy with our work, as we really try hard to do a good job. Thank you it really means alot. BTW I havn't been active lately as we have been so busy here at the shop but I'll definitely catch back up, with work & ACE. See ya....Joe

WOW....... I didn't see this thread until now and am pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the kudos. Its nice to hear when someone is happy with our work, as we really try hard to do a good job. Thank you it really means alot. BTW I havn't been active lately as we have been so busy here at the shop but I'll definitely catch back up, with work & ACE. See ya....Joe

Joe, I've only met you briefly once, but you've gotten so many kudos from ACE that I don't think I'd trust anyone else with my car. :thumbs