Mythbusters and Speed Cameras

Dianne

Good Morning:

Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel is a story about our infamous photo radar cameras. They are doing cities from Mesa to New York (but not Loop 101). It supposedly helps determine if any popular tricks work to avoid speed-camera tickets.

Not that any of us speed...just thought you might want to watch it.

Dianne

Guest Kens06

They didn't include the 101 because it is NOT Photo Radar!!

It is photo documentation of speed limit infractions using piezoelectric sensors in the pavement!!

Simple time vs distance!!

Computers have replaced the piper cub or helo in the sky, white strips on the road and stopwatch!!

Along with the trooper up the road to pull you over!!

Ken

Robert and Elizabeth
They didn't include the 101 because it is NOT Photo Radar!!

It is photo documentation of speed limit infractions using piezoelectric sensors in the pavement!!

Simple time vs distance!!

Computers have replaced the piper cub or helo in the sky, white strips on the road and stopwatch!!

Along with the trooper up the road to pull you over!!

Ken

:agree Ken is correct.

FYI: If you drive your car in the emergency lanes, there are no sensors placed there. Or, if you are going over 160mph the cameras can't get your picture, your too fast for them, at least that is what we were told.

Tonight on the Discovery Channel the popular Mythbusters show looks at speed cameras. Since the companies who lease/rent/operate these devices to cities helped put it together, I can guess what the results will be but might be fun to see if the sprays/polarized lenses/voodoo works.

DSC — MythBusters

Speed Cameras

Take two self confessed speed freaks, Adam and Jamie and pit them against the people's nemesis: Speed Cameras. The result: an action packed adventure full of fun, fascination and best of all, fast cars.

As they always say "Check your local listings"

At 160 you need some running room for the brakes. But that definitely works for me! The only problem is, you might over run your exit ramp. :D :D :D

Robert and Elizabeth
At 160 you need some running room for the brakes. But that definitely works for me! The only problem is, you might over run your exit ramp. :D :D :D

So true!! :D

No surprise, you can't drive fast enough to get away from the camera. BUT...they only drove 140 mph. They drove a Murcielago on a test track.

None of the other stuff worked to hide the plate.

Guest Sidewinder
So all myth huh? :toetap

So much for all those guys that bought that photo blocker stuff. :lol

:banghead

Actually,

The flash they used was no where NEAR the size of the flash in the actual cameras. Ask bj-99 if photoblocker works.....

So all myth huh? :toetap

So much for all those guys that bought that photo blocker stuff. :lol

:banghead

Actually,

The flash they used was no where NEAR the size of the flash in the actual cameras. Ask bj-99 if photoblocker works.....

OK...

BJ, what say you?

My moneys on the camera. The company / cities make too much money to let a can of spray stop them. If the spray worked there'd be 10 emails a day in your inbox wanting to sell you a can. You're naive if you think the photo radar companies could keep that a secret. If the spray give you peace of mind then it's worth the investment.

If someone tells you they got flashed but never got a ticket just remind them that 70%+ of the photos are never sent out for a variety of reasons. Then call me when you get the ticket in the mail after spraying your plate. Just my :2cents

Guest Sidewinder

So less than 30% of people getting flashed for speeding are getting tickets in the mail? Imagine the $$ if it was 100%.