Need Tranny Rebuild Advise

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA
If you are looking to drag race/ road race you cannot beat RPM. My car puts out over 900 RWHP and I dont have an issue.

Thanks for the feedback Glenn. :thumbs

Tony... PM on the way.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
If you are looking to drag race/ road race you cannot beat RPM. My car puts out over 900 RWHP and I dont have an issue.

Steve broke his level 4 trans from rodney with only 560 rwhp... the weak links are the same whether its uber expensive, or dirt cheap :)

Guest UVETTYA

Steve broke his level 4 trans from rodney with only 560 rwhp... the weak links are the same whether its uber expensive, or dirt cheap :)

Thanks for the feedback Mike. I'm still not certain just how I want to go, but I need to do something quick. UVETTYA has beem sitting in the garage since last Saturday. I just can't bring myself to drive her "wounded."

So what do you think? I might throw on a FAST 90/90 and maybe heads down the road, but the HP mods will probably stop at 500 HP. Surely the carbon fiber syncros are a good idea, no? The stock tranny isnt rated for the HP I'll probably be making soon, so what would you recommend I do?

Steve

If you talk to steve.. the reason why he broke the level 4 tranny was because he was having an issue with a syncro and went racing anyway....

My level 5 has been flawless over the past year.

My slave failed, went to bang a gear and no dice. No trans will hold up to a really bad shift. As long as everything in your car is functioning correctly you should be fine.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

If you talk to steve.. the reason why he broke the level 4 tranny was because he was having an issue with a syncro and went racing anyway....

you sure it was a synchro?

unfortunately there is some myth that any time a transmission breaks, its always a synchro going out when 99% of the time its the shift fork pads... this coming from a guy who has watched my guy rebuild trans after trans and see 6 speeds that wont shift into 2 or 3 gears and come out with flawless synchros. Most of the time we tell customers the synchros dont even need to be replaced and just offer it as an option since the trans is out. Synchronizer rings can be common to go out as well, but most of the time its the 38 cent fork pads that go out which are what break when you miss a hard shift really bad

and most of the time your $5,000 transmission uses the same 38 cent pads, which will still break when missing a shift. I have the hardened steel shift forks in stock and the only difference is the fork is indestructable, but the pads are the same as stock.

Guest UVETTYA

you sure it was a synchro?

unfortunately there is some myth that any time a transmission breaks, its always a synchro going out when 99% of the time its the shift fork pads... this coming from a guy who has watched my guy rebuild trans after trans and see 6 speeds that wont shift into 2 or 3 gears and come out with flawless synchros. Most of the time we tell customers the synchros dont even need to be replaced and just offer it as an option since the trans is out. Synchronizer rings can be common to go out as well, but most of the time its the 38 cent fork pads that go out which are what break when you miss a hard shift really bad

and most of the time your $5,000 transmission uses the same 38 cent pads, which will still break when missing a shift. I have the hardened steel shift forks in stock and the only difference is the fork is indestructable, but the pads are the same as stock.

Ok, thanks Mike, we're slowly getting there. :lol

So if I read this right, since the 04 Z is supposed to have steel 3-4 fork already, perhaps all I might need is bronze 1-4 fork pads at .38 each, and worst case scenario, a 3rd gear syncro. Correct?

Email me at steven52@cox.net with a price to R&R the tranny and install those parts.

Steve