Collector Car Day at the Legislature

Eddie44

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The cats are coming off the 79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hagerty turned me down for insurance because I told them I might drive my Vette to work once a month. I also don't want to drive less than 1000 miles per year. This really doesn't help much.

AZ paper could be wrong. Other Insurance companys may have different rules about "collector car" status.

I encourage you to look around.

I like this part my self.

The legislation also allows motorcycles in Pima County to skip emissions, although it was decided that motorcycles in Maricopa County are too numerous to exempt without having a negative impact on air pollution.

Translation= We make too much money to let them go.

2cts

chad

AZ paper could be wrong. Other Insurance companys may have different rules about "collector car" status.

I encourage you to look around.

I like this part my self.

The legislation also allows motorcycles in Pima County to skip emissions, although it was decided that motorcycles in Maricopa County are too numerous to exempt without having a negative impact on air pollution.

Translation= We make too much money to let them go.

2cts

chad

I've never had a problem with the Harley passing emissions. Emissions are a scam. I also have until next December until the C3 needs to go back to the sniffer. I see people leaning the mixture while waiting in line. After the car passes, they richen it up on the street outside and drive off for another year.

Yeah, I got the 'invite' from Hagerty to attend. But midweek? Sheesh. I'm not a retiree....

Ted-when did you talk to Hagerty? My policy says nothing about mileage or where to drive. And I did inform them I'd be driving to work or wherever the heck I pleased. Maybe I got a lenient CSR? :yesnod

M~

Yeah, I got the 'invite' from Hagerty to attend. But midweek? Sheesh. I'm not a retiree....

Ted-when did you talk to Hagerty? My policy says nothing about mileage or where to drive. And I did inform them I'd be driving to work or wherever the heck I pleased. Maybe I got a lenient CSR? :yesnod

M~

I talked to them last December when I took possession of the car. I filled out the application and was honest that I might drive to work 1 time per month and that I parked in a gated and locked parking lot. They called me back and said they didn't have a policy that covered driving the car to work. The policy was only for pleasure driving.

I told them in that case I would not drive the car to work and they said, "Sorry, we don't have a policy for you and we don't want you to change your lifestyle with the car." The policy was for limited pleasure driving and parades.

I replied that I just bought the car and didn't have a lifestyle with it yet. They basically said thanks for applying and turned me down. I haven't had any tickets or accidents in 5 years. The whole thing turned me off. I don't think I want their insurance at this point and got the feeling that if I had a claim, they'd either drop me or wouldn't pay if something happened on my way to work.

M~

I talked to them last December when I took possession of the car. I filled out the application and was honest that I might drive to work 1 time per month and that I parked in a gated and locked parking lot. They called me back and said they didn't have a policy that covered driving the car to work. The policy was only for pleasure driving.

I told them in that case I would not drive the car to work and they said, "Sorry, we don't have a policy for you and we don't want you to change your lifestyle with the car." The policy was for limited pleasure driving and parades.

I replied that I just bought the car and didn't have a lifestyle with it yet. They basically said thanks for applying and turned me down. I haven't had any tickets or accidents in 5 years. The whole thing turned me off. I don't think I want their insurance at this point and got the feeling that if I had a claim, they'd either drop me or wouldn't pay if something happened on my way to work.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. Some of the major carriors do collector car insurance as well if you want to try that route. Or, you could just grin and bear it-I figure my Olds needs a tuneup at least once a year anyhow. It's that darn carb that is hard to dial in every year. :toetap

M~