NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I hate Scammers

Don&Patty

Ran my cat backs on ebay and had quite a few bidders. Just before the auction ended a scammer got into my account (some how) and cancelled all of the bids but one (the lowers) who paid via PayPal. Was on the phone with ebay for two hours and had to change used ID, passwords, and a bunch of other stuff. Turned out the scammer was from China. Anyway had to refund the paypal and re-list the cats. What a pain. Make you wonder about the Internet anymore. Listed a car for a friend and kept getting emails about cars I never listed, turned out to be the same thing, scammers from China. Damn commies.

Ran my cat backs on ebay and had quite a few bidders. Just before the auction ended a scammer got into my account (some how) and cancelled all of the bids but one (the lowers) who paid via PayPal. Was on the phone with ebay for two hours and had to change used ID, passwords, and a bunch of other stuff. Turned out the scammer was from China. Anyway had to refund the paypal and re-list the cats. What a pain. Make you wonder about the Internet anymore. Listed a car for a friend and kept getting emails about cars I never listed, turned out to be the same thing, scammers from China. Damn commies.

Had that happen about two months ago... It is no fun.

You'd think that with as big as ebay is, they'd have better safeguards in place to protect their customers.

There are so many security features available out there this should not be a problem for them. On occasion sure, but it happens all too frequently with ebay. :toetap

I receive about 2 -3 spoof / fishing emails a week that look to have me sign into their sight to give them my id and password. Make sure and only signin from you own signon screen. Never click a link to go to ebay or any other secure sight like PayPal also.

:cfdeadagain

Phil... :devil

I receive about 2 -3 spoof / fishing emails a week that look to have me sign into their sight to give them my id and password. Make sure and only signin from you own signon screen. Never click a link to go to ebay or any other secure sight like PayPal also.

:cfdeadagain

Phil... :devil

:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree

You'd think that with as big as ebay is, they'd have better safeguards in place to protect their customers.

There are so many security features available out there this should not be a problem for them. On occasion sure, but it happens all too frequently with ebay. :toetap

I've been at conferences where Ebay Security folks present their side. My opinion is they don't make money on security. :leaving