April ACE lunch @ The Satisfied Frog

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth
I am tentively going to attend.

I do not reply until we are close to the event, because my schedule will change at the last minute quite a bit.

Phil... :devil

That's fine Phil, just let me know yea or nay when you can.

Elizabeth

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert and Elizabeth

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Dianne

Robert and Elizabeth
How do you get there? I may go and would love to drive the vette, but still not done with the paint...DAMNIT!

Just like Sean said, take Cave Creek Rd north and it will curve right around Black Mountain as you enter the town of Cave Creek, just north of Carefree Hwy. The Satisfied Frog will be on the right side about a mile after the noticable right curve. :) It is located in a little old western themed village called "Frontier Town". Just let me know yea or nay when you can.

Elizabeth

Last time we did the Satisfied Frog we did a mini cruise up there. We met at the Costco lot on the SE corner of the 101 and Cave Creek. East and West groups caravaned up there and then we all headed north. Just a suggestion. We all know there's nothing prettier than a line of Vettes going down the road.

Robert and Elizabeth

Eddie, your absolutely right! :yesnod

I suggest teh east siders meet at Arizona Mills Mall again on teh east side by teh Krispy Kreme donut place by 1030. We would then take teh 10 to teh 51 to teh 101 to Cave Creek Rd., meeting teh west siders at Costco by 1115. Then we all can caravan together to teh "Frog". Our reservation is for noon.

Very east siders can meet at teh Chevron at Guadalupe and Gilbert, leaving by 10 to meet teh others at Arizona Mills.

Sound like a plan?

There is a computer glitch somewhere that is not allowing me to spell "teh" right. I keep editing, but it keeps going back to "teh". :cfdeadagain

There is a computer glitch somewhere that is not allowing me to spell "teh" right. I keep editing, but it keeps going back to "teh". :cfdeadagain

No glitch....just Dawg!!!! :lol

Guest UVETTYA

Maybe if "certain personal items" weren't in Jayme's purse he would have something to play with other than teh forum controls. :lol

No glitch....just Dawg!!!! :lol

OK I have fixed the "Dawg Glitch" it was annoying after readying Steve's post on DTE

OK I have fixed the "Dawg Glitch" it was annoying after readying Steve's post on DTE

Glad I wasn't the only one annoyed! Good he lives so far away! :hunter

Robert and Elizabeth
Robert and Elizabeth:

Please add Jack and Connie Willard (1 car) to your list.

Thanks,

Dianne

Thanks Dianne, got them down! :thumbs

I still may go. I have to do a little more work on the ECM tune and maybe get her emissioned before then. My 30 day tag runs out on the 4th. If it passes emissions, I'll drive it out there even though its in black primer (stealth) paint and almost no interior. :lol

Isn't Cave Creek on the other side of the planet? I may have to take vacation time to get there...Doh!

Robert and Elizabeth
I still may go. I have to do a little more work on the ECM tune and maybe get her emissioned before then. My 30 day tag runs out on the 4th. If it passes emissions, I'll drive it out there even though its in black primer (stealth) paint and almost no interior. :lol

Isn't Cave Creek on the other side of the planet? I may have to take vacation time to get there...Doh!

:thumbs

No, but you'll probably have to pack a lunch to get to lunch.

It would be a good shake down cruise for the beast. And look at all the supervision you'll have if it does break down. :D

You're probably right about the cruise out and the supervision. :yesnod I was thinking about taking it out tonight maybe for a "long" data collecting cruise of 50+ miles to get some really good data and maybe a couple full throttle runs...just because I need to do some upper rpm collection for the AE/PE tables and of course it works best at WOT. :D

Funny thing the other night after a small burnout, I saw five Gilbert cops rather quickly in the area I was in...Its hard to keep my car quiet even at idle and look innocent. :smilelol I'll still keep the cruise to CC in mind and hope I can make it.

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey everyone,

We will be unable to cruise with everyone due to unforseen circumstances that have to be taken care of that morning. :toetap

We will meet up with everyone at the "Frog" by 1230-1300 at the latest. The reservation is under my name (Elizabeth) so that there will be no confusion when you all get there without me. Just keep a spot open for Robert and I. :thumbs

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth
You're probably right about the cruise out and the supervision. :yesnod I was thinking about taking it out tonight maybe for a "long" data collecting cruise of 50+ miles to get some really good data and maybe a couple full throttle runs...just because I need to do some upper rpm collection for the AE/PE tables and of course it works best at WOT. :D

Funny thing the other night after a small burnout, I saw five Gilbert cops rather quickly in the area I was in...Its hard to keep my car quiet even at idle and look innocent. :smilelol I'll still keep the cruise to CC in mind and hope I can make it.

What part of Gilbert are you at??? We are at Val Vista and Guad. and it is pretty calm cop wise here. Robert has done a few hefty burnouts and high rpm launches, even in our subdivision, and nothing has happened yet... :devil

What part of Gilbert are you at??? We are at Val Vista and Guad. and it is pretty calm cop wise here. Robert has done a few hefty burnouts and high rpm launches, even in our subdivision, and nothing has happened yet... :devil

Tom lives across the street from the Gilbert PD. :eek

Update... I put 100 miles on the motor tonight and did a lot of data logging and tweakin'. The motor is running pretty good and strong. I think I'll take it over and have it emissioned tomorrow and see what happens. Jim and I drove around the valley and even went out to the Pavillions, got more gas and drove around the east end for a while. The motor has 327 miles on it now.

We did some WOT runs on the freeway and a couple pretty good burnouts into second gear. The A/F ratio's are pretty good now and stable along with the VE table. We did three ECM bin updates during the ride and it still wanted to pull a little more fuel out at the lower MAP. its pretty close though right now.

After I left Jim's house I decided to drive around because the car was running pretty good and the night was rather nice for crusing. I ran across a 07 GT Stang and decided to mess with him a bit. When I pullled next to him at the light at Val Vista and Warner my exhaust was bouncing off his car and sounded pretty good and I know he was listening to my rumpty rump beast. :D

To make a long story short, the light changed and he left rather "spirited" and so did I. Then I hammerd it and so did he. I pulled him by two cars almost instantly and let off when I went into second as he blasted past me. I just pulled a 300HP Stang with no problem and was laughing my ass off at that point. At the next light he asked what year vette that was (since I'm in Stealth mode) and what was in it. I told him it was an 82 crossfire...The look on his face was priceless! :eek He said he never seen a crossfire run like that and then I told him it was a 383, but a crossfire none-the-less. He smiled and said it runs pretty strong and slowly left the light at green.

I was a happy camper tonight. :thumbs But it still looks ugly though. :ack BTW: I was going to stop over Phils as well, but it was too late, maybe next time out.

I was a happy camper tonight. :thumbs But it still looks ugly though. :ack BTW: I was going to stop over Phils as well, but it was too late, maybe next time out.

You should have called, I was up working or watching some TV.

Glad to hear you got her running well.

Phil... :devil

Very :cool

Makes all the work worthwhile when you can impress another car guy huh?

Actually, doing a burnout in front of the GPD would be the safest place, their never there, too busy looking for me elsewhere in Gilbert...LOL! I'm inbetween Warner and Ray off Gilbert road. Hey Rob & Elizabeth, I could possibly ride along (follow) with you if your going later to CC, but I don't think I'm at the Z06 speed level yet...LOL. :lol

Robert and Elizabeth
:thumbs:cool

Gotta love beatin' them Fords.

:agree

That just makes my day!! :yesnod