What was the fix Larry?

Eddie44

I'm not sure everyone knows but one of our long time members had electrical problems at the Gila Bend BBQ. His C5 wouldn't start when he got ready to leave. Everything including the battery was fine. The car just wouldn't turn over.

Mark (Sidewinder) helped him out and got it started. Larry PM'ed me the next day that he was having the problem again. I'm curious what the problem was and what the temporary and hopefully the permanent fixes were.

I think it would help everyone here to have an update. You never know when it might be you stuck somewhere and your Vette won't start. Any updates Larry????

:agree

I liked to know what happened too... :thumbs

Quit posting at 2:30 in the morning Eddie, some of us have to get up to go to work... :willy

I wasnt part of the fixing team, but this is a common issue for a C5. The problem most of the time is the microchip (resistor) in the key is worn out, so the anti-theft system kicks in. To diagonose, get your spare key and see if the car turns over. If it does its time to spend 100 bucks and get a new key cut as the stealership

What did you do to get him going in case someone else runs into the same problem?

What did you do to get him going in case someone else runs into the same problem?

Eddie just spit on the key it works every time. :thumbs:lol

Eddie just spit on the key it works every time. :thumbs:lol

it didn't for Larry. That's the problem. Mark was removing a fuse in the foot well fuse box when we left. I just wanted the fix out there for others that might get stuck sometime like Larry was. We don't always have Mark around.