Anyone Else Notice the GM Ad Changed?

Eddie44

They showed it on the Oscars. Now the robot wakes up from a bad dream instead of committing suicide. When is American business going to get a backbone????

Robert and Elizabeth
They showed it on the Oscars. Now the robot wakes up from a bad dream instead of committing suicide. When is American business going to get a backbone????

As soon as people stop complaining that something is not "politically correct". :crazy

Guest UVETTYA

I think it was a great idea to change the ending! :thumbs

I don't think this is so much about political correctness as recognizing that to some, (myself included) the original video comes across as mean spirited and the ending is depressing. They probably looked at the feedback from their target market and realized they had missed the mark.

Steve

I think it was a great idea to change the ending! :thumbs

I don't think this is so much about political correctness as recognizing that to some, (myself included) the original video comes across as mean spirited and the ending is depressing. They probably looked at the feedback from their target market and realized they had missed the mark.

Steve

so their target market was unemployed depressed people?

it's sad - just add political correctness to the list of things that is tearing the country apart - :yesnod

dont' we have more important things to worry about?

STEVE???????????

We are from the same era!!

If you don't do your job, you are gone!!

If I fire you and you walk into the street and get run over by a bus, am I supposed to feel responsible??

NOT in the least!!

If you were doing yor job, you would be at work, NOT roaming the streets!!

When did this shit get turned upside down??

Take responsibility for your actions? Quit blaming others!!

Grow some skin and quit worrying what others are saying about you!!

You know who and what you are, that's all the solice most people need!!

A bum is a bum because he settles for being a bum!

Get all the Linda's a job other than sending stupid e-mails and Darwin will take over!!

GM bailed on the Corvette kid vid and I was pissed!!

I have the vid ~ 3.8 MB, but I don't know if google video will post it

PM me and I will e-mail it to you and tell me what was wrong with this commercial??

Ken

Here is a link to a small size mov file http://kenstalzer.phanfare.com/album/221426

If I fire you and you walk into the street and get run over by a bus, am I supposed to feel responsible??

NOT in the least!!

i'm sure unions have their place - in fact, aren't you an electrical worker and aren't you "required" to be a union member?

but unions used to be there for the little guy - and of course the money for dues.

now unions seem to be a terrible scapegoat for for the lazy and people who think the world "owes" them.

it's our own fault - because our politicians keep giving in to everything - since when does congress need to get involved in a BASEBALL lockout? are you F'n kidding me - that was a beef between who? you betcha- the players union and the owners - same with the hockey lockout - see what unions did for them?

they cried about the owners not wanting to pay them what they "think they are worth" because they were losing money - so the sport as a whole may go "out of business" much like the US automakers - SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE!!!!!! :howdy

sorry - this kinda went on a tangent, but i'm sure some of you can see my underlying point!

Robert and Elizabeth
STEVE???????????

NOT in the least!!

Get all the Linda's a job other than sending stupid e-mails and Darwin will take over!!

PM me and I will e-mail it to you and tell me what was wrong with this commercial??

Ken

Here is a link to a small size mov file http://kenstalzer.phanfare.com/album/221426

I can see why you were so pissed GM pulled that commercial. It had us ROFLMAO!! That was so us when we were that age!! :lol Gotta love daydreams/fantasies. :thumbs We are living it now. That commercial did not make us go out and steal our parents' vette and tear up the neighborhood.

Guest UVETTYA

Ken, the impression I got from the vid was that the robot represented the typical GM worker, who was fired for making a mistake, and that made him an unemployable worthless loser who should kill himself. If you see it differently, that's ok. I'm sure we look at clouds and see different things too. I hope so anyway. :lol

As for the kid driving the Corvette, yeah it was kinda cool, but quite frankly I was concerned as to exactly what message GM was trying to send and to whom. Kid's are impressionable. Surely you realize how much influence TV has on kids. I could see some kid watching that video and trying to imitate it. GM was probably thinking about liability when they pulled it more than political correctness. That's good business sense if you ask me. How many kids have put on Superman costumues and jumped off a roof? I can name several that I know personally. How many kids have done smokey burnouts in their cul-de-sac with their Corvette? I know at least one! :lol

Steve

STEVE???????????

NOT in the least!!

Ken

ROFL .. I got a huge kick outta both commercials ..

..they made me laff,

= entertainment

= better than 90% of what passes for same on TV these days.

People can and will nit-pick the daylights outta anything

-shrug-

I also useda play *gasp* .. dare I say it ..

..Dungeons and Dragons!

A LOT!

Now I also play .. uhh ..

.. *Video Games* !!

.. I am so goin straight to hell for sure!

At least .. accordin to some .. LOL.

-Frank an Kathy