Speedworld AFTER the Gila Bend Cruise

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

I'm going racing tomorrow night. It's the last night for the NHRA Saturday Night Street Legal Drags at Speedworld. You can check out the web page HERE

I know, all you young-uns will be tired and wore out after the cruise to Gila Bend, but this old man's going racing! Ya hoo! :yesnod

If we can get 10 cars to show up from A.C.E., we have a chance at a 5 ft trophy! :jive:

Gates open at 6pm.

See you there!

:huh

Guest UVETTYA
I'll be doing dish's for a week!!!! and probably 1001 honeydo's :ack

Not only that, you don't even get to cruise with us! That's just wrong! :toetap

Guest UVETTYA

We (Marylou and I) had a good time at Speedworld. They gave away a lot of prizes and I won a $180 gift certificate from TA Performance for parts and automotive machining work. They're not a Corvette shop, they do mostly Buicks, but my Grand Prix uses the same 3.8L engine. Maybe I should go to the Buick forum and see if I can sell it for $50 or something. :lol

I ran a 12.07@118 (red lighted) an 11.96@113 (that would have been a great run if I wouldn't have missed 4th gear!) and my final run was 11.99@119.

Vids are HERE

Steve

good job Steve! I had been thinking about your trip there Saturday....

And, hell, just get you an air intake for the GP. It's all good!

M~

Guest UVETTYA
good job Steve! I had been thinking about your trip there Saturday....

And, hell, just get you an air intake for the GP. It's all good!

M~

Thanks Andrew. You should come out and play. There was a GTO there with an AZP&S PS02 CAM running high 12's.

The GP was our play car before we got the Vette, so it already has a CAI, 3 ½" pulley on the Supercharger, a tune, Perfermance Shift, 3" exhaust to hi -flo cats and a limited slip differential. It's not anywhere near as quick as FRC Tom's GP (I think he's almost into the 11's) but it ran a 13.98@99 on stock tires. I could probably knock a few tenths off with drag radials. Not bad for a 4 door family sedan. :lol

Guest UVETTYA
Very nice. :thumbs

Thanks. Our Camcorder went tits up so we're using the still camera that shoots videos too but doesn't have a zoom. So it's impossible to get the trap time and speed after the run.