Polishing - Lookin for the tools for the job

SunDevil C5

Assuming you mean paint polishing...I like these products, but there are others out there.

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html

Desertdawg has become pretty nifty with detailing. He enjoys McGuires, there are also 3M products.

These can be bought at local stores or auto paint shops.

Good tips here...Car Care Discussion

You will need a good buffer (Porter-Cable), and pads, micro-fiber cloths, then time and patience :thumbs

A Porter Cable Random Orbital buffer and a truckload of patience are the two biggest ingredients to a good shine. I am a believer that there are 3 or 4 product manfacturers of shine products that will do equally good.

One day soon I'm going to sit here and put together a complete list of stuff needed and proceedures to make them work...

One day soon I'm going to sit here and put together a complete list of stuff needed and proceedures to make them work...

:thumbs Robert :burnout

I'll tell you, I just used one of those Mother's Clay Bar kits on my '95. I was skeptical, but it was easy and did a great job. A lot faster than buffing.

Now, I still believe that good buffing with Megiuer's #2 followed by a polishing with Megiuer's #7 followed by Megiuer's #26 wax in unbeatable, but I don't always have the time or energy for a project like that.

Try the Clay Bar, you will be surprised.

Assuming you mean paint polishing...I like these products, but there are others out there.

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html

Desertdawg has become pretty nifty with detailing. He enjoys McGuires, there are also 3M products.

These can be bought at local stores or auto paint shops.

Good tips here...Car Care Discussion

You will need a good buffer (Porter-Cable), and pads, micro-fiber cloths, then time and patience :thumbs

I think the link is broken? What about pads and polishes/waxes. Where should I start? Paint is in pretty good shape but somenone before me left some swirls so I want to do it right.