NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Associates on ACE

Desertdawg

Why the new look????

After being contacted by a couple of vendors about advertising, and supporting ACE. We decided that the best way to do this was with associates.

ACE will still be self-supported by donations, we are not being paid for the placement of the banners!!!!

What this is going to do is to give the ACE membership a discount for parts or service at any of the vendors that we allow to advertise.

This is the e-mail that we will send to a vendor when it is determined that they are going to offer the ACE membership top notch service or parts.

=====================================================================

Dear Vendor!

Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts (ACE) would like to announce our Associates offer.

(An Associate is a commercial entity in a relationship with another entity.)

Our Associates programs will allow you to place a small banner on the ACE forums, and a banner with your company's description on our Associates web page. In return we are asking that you offer a discount to our members, either in parts or service. The Associates program isn't going to be offered to just any vendor, we will be selecting vendors that will offer our members the highest level of service or parts for our Corvettes.

We will not accept financial support from our Associates for the club, web site, or forums, but you are more than welcome to donate items or services to any event or function of ACE.

If you would like to participate in our Associates program, please send your request to webmaster@arizonavette.net for consideration.

=====================================================================

Please feel free to coment...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Quiktrip

• ChadC

How will we know what their current offers for ACE Members is? I just clicked on the banners and it takes me to their websites but I don't see any offers.

Guest Sidewinder
How will we know what their current offers for ACE Members is? I just clicked on the banners and it takes me to their websites but I don't see any offers.

Good point Eddie!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, I would think that if we contact the vendors and tell them we were referred to them through ACE they would be happy to tell us the incentives/promotions/etc for us. I don't think we need to advertise the information on the site other than just putting them on the sidebar as we have done and listing them as ASSOCIATES. I think that is good enough. I would hate to see a bunch of clutter all over talking about who does what and has what for ACE.

Just my $.02.

One of the primary marketing forcuses for my company is what is called seach engine optimization or SEO. I spend quite a bit of money ensuring that our website pulls up in the top 10 for certain keywords or phrases.

One of the ways that we can increase our page ranking is to have our site referenced by other sites. This is called cross linking and the search engines see it as a 'vote' for your site. Perhaps one of the things they can do is provide a link to the ACE site on their home page. This could help out both sites and doesn't cost anything.

:2cents

Well, I would think that if we contact the vendors and tell them we were referred to them through ACE they would be happy to tell us the incentives/promotions/etc for us. I don't think we need to advertise the information on the site other than just putting them on the sidebar as we have done and listing them as ASSOCIATES. I think that is good enough. I would hate to see a bunch of clutter all over talking about who does what and has what for ACE.

Just my $.02.

I tend to agree with you Tanya but if I'm just thinking about doing headers, cam, etc and Mike is willing to offer a special on that to ACE Members it might push me over the edge to buy now. Maybe we should just keep it the way it is but encourage Associates to post about their current deals. I good either way.

Guest UVETTYA
Please feel free to coment...

Free post? <pant pant>

:lol

First off, let me make a disclaimer:

I'm not angry, even though what I'm about to say may sound as though I'm angry. I'm just voicing my opinion, which I try and reserve for things that are important to ME. And this is important to ME because I think this forum and club are the BOMB! :thumbs And while I'm only a participant here, I don't like the idea of it evolving into something other than what it is right now.

So here goes...

This looks like the first step towards this wonderful site (and club) becoming a revenue generator for someone.

If you don't need the monetary support to run the site, then what's the point? :toetap

As long as someone's running this site for free, it will probably be a pretty good place to fellowship with other Vette owners. As soon as someone get's dollar signs in their eyes it will go to hell in a hand basket. Been there, done that, gave the T-shirt to Goodwill.

With all due respect Dwayne, if this site becomes a commercial venture and/or revenue generator for someone, it will not fulfill my needs any longer. :howdy

:rant

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming... :D

I agree with you 100% Steve! I think it clutters up the site and I'm not going to a merchant because they give me a discount. I'm going to them because they give good quality product and customer service. We allow them to sign up and if they aren't willing to stay active on this board like Mike, Chad and the others at AZP&S then why do we need them?

I'll go out on the limb and say that I've heard very little positive about Chevs n Vettes and as far as I know we only have one or two members who've frequented them but now we're going to give them free advertising to encourage unsuspecting souls to go there. I haven't looked but I'll bet he hasn't posted here more than a half dozen times.

Okay, off my soapbox!

I believe all of you voice a great concern. We have been approached by vendors to allow them to be supporting vendors and they would pay ACE. Both Dwayne and I feel that is not the direction we want this to go. We believe like most of you that we should control what we have and continue that.

As for the decision to post links to vendors, it was decided that if a vendor gives our club members a discount then it would be up to our members to take advantage of that discount if they choose to.

Here is a short story I will share. I was recently at a car show at one of the local car dealers and I was in the parts department purchasing a new Halo Seat cover for my Vette. While I was in there another Corvette owner (someone I know well) from another Corvette club came up to me and asked how I was doing. I just told him I was fine and was about to spend $500 on parts. He asked if I had a discount at the dealership, and I replied no. He then turned to the parts salesman and told him I was part of his Corvette Club and I was entitled to their discount. It turned out to save me about $75 on the whole deal. This friend did not work at the dealership, he did not gain anything for allowing me to use the discount. But the next time he asked me for a favor I was there for him. True freind.

Now, I believe that we can benefit if we choose too. When I say benefit, I mean receive a discount of some kind from one of our Vendor Associates. The club is not looking to receive Money from the vendors, and look to keep it that way, so we have the final say on how it goes around here.

As for the linking to increase our position on search engines, Dave is correct on that topic. But we already have the number one spots on most searches you do for Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts. That is why Dwayne and I believe that it could work out to the clubs benefit if a Associated Vendor gives our members a discount, we all can win.

Now for the comment from the 2 :hat ACE Clowns, :chris LOL....

Keep the comments coming

Guest AZ Power & Sound
One of the primary marketing forcuses for my company is what is called seach engine optimization or SEO. I spend quite a bit of money ensuring that our website pulls up in the top 10 for certain keywords or phrases.

One of the ways that we can increase our page ranking is to have our site referenced by other sites. This is called cross linking and the search engines see it as a 'vote' for your site. Perhaps one of the things they can do is provide a link to the ACE site on their home page. This could help out both sites and doesn't cost anything.

:2cents

If you want to do some trading for services, let me know :)

Hey Eddie, you and me bro! :thumbs

:lol:lol

UH, NO!!

I've got your back guys!!

The associate sidebar sucks!!

What is wrong with another link on the HOME page for associates!

LINKS ain't worth a crap, I couldn't find a mention of Classic Gold, I had to Google for Joe!!

How did Cn'V get associated with this forum when forum members avoid them like the plague when looking for a Vette? They are overpriced and misleading!!

I was in a money crunch and sold them my '96 LT-4 for 15K. The next day it was on their website for 19.5!

That's not the point!!

I TRIED to give them all the paperwork for oil changes, receipts for work on the car, LT-4 hot cam etc!!

Salesman statement to me, " We don't have time for that crap, it will get lost anyway!"

They were happy to take the original exhaust system though!!

They are NOT Corvette people, just another car salesman and they can kiss my ass!!

I will NOT take ANY part in advancing THAT ENTITY!! :cuss:cuss

Ken

I sold them my '96 LT-4 for 15K. The next day it was on their website for 19.5!

Did you expect them to list it 13K ????? It's a buisness Ken.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about Cn'V, It's on the list because Pete has been asking about supporting us, and he will probably be the one issuing the membership cards (for free) that we can use at any vendor for proof that you are an ACE member...

This isn't about bashing a buisness, open your own thread if thats what your here for today.

Would you have viewed it different if it was Joe at Classic Gold, and AZPS up there instead???

Our plan was to just allow the vendors that have shown that they will go the extra mile to take care of us and our vettes, a prime example is the windshield guy that Eddie just used... But we are just figuring out how to get the software to work, we haven't even started on the list of who the members want as associates...i.e. Joe at Classic Gold

Don't rush to conclusions Ken! We've always been able to work things out to everyone's satisfaction.

There have been a couple of us who have been vocal here particularly about one vendor. I would hope the rest of you would speak up so this important matter is not decided by a very few members. I am willing to accept "associates" if thats what everyone else wants. I just don't want something pushed on the masses by a few of us.

HOW DOES EVERYONE ELSE FEEL?

Geez guys, what is the big deal? Nothing changes. If you don't what to use the discounted price or service then don't, but some of us appreciate any dollar we can save. Lets not start jumping ship and start looking at the pros and cons. Making threats to leave won't get us anywhere. Robert :burnout

This isn't about bashing a buisness, open your own thread if thats what your here for today.

Would you have viewed it different if it was Joe at Classic Gold, and AZPS up there instead???

i would

no offense to any shop specific, but i get a LOT sick and tired of the blatant advertising that happens on this site ALL THE TIME already.

i'm with the few against it as well - if i wanted this sort of thing, i'd still be spending a TON of time over at CF

i don't see anything wrong with offering our club discounts - the "membership cards" could be our own business cards - i'm sure a scan would work for them - they get "advertising" by allowing us a discount but we don't clutter up our forum.

i think this was a really bad time to spring this on the group - especially with all the fixins' purchased for the BBQ - how many verified people may back out now?!?!?! :bang

i realize this is Phil and Dwaynes forum, but aren't WE helping pay the bills? (some more than others i think - Ken most specifically - the guy just asks how much you need and gives it up!) shouldn't we have been given the opportunity to at least vote on this issue?

last comment - i 100% agree with the comment Steve made - "there goes the neighborhood"

and Robert - even with a discount - some of the local vendors aren't as cheap as you can get stuff from gmpartdirect, or fredbeansgmparts - i see your point, and raise you my argument!

Sometimes you need something now and can't wait for shipping. I just bought some small parts at B&B chevy and got the Corvette discount there. Still don't see the big deal. Robert :burnout Plus, what about services?

Sorry but I couldn't just sit back. Two things....

first I would respectfully disagree that this is Phil and Dwayne's forum. They may be the caretakers and I commend and thank them for all the time they've put into making it the great place it is but this forum belongs to the members of ACE. We have operated for the almost four years that I've been around here w/o bosses and we should continue that way.

second I have to agree with you on your statement that if I wanted to be inundated by advertising I'd go over to CF. Good vendors who truly want to offer something to ACE members will stay involved here as Mike and Joe have. The "banners" that we now have here are too small for me to see anything but their name anyway, so they are just clutter.

How about a seperate page if we have to have "associates". That way I could choose to ignore the whole thing but someone who wants to hunt up a vendor or locate a specific website for the vendor could still do so. Don't clutter our website with them.

edit: question? Up until recently if I added a post the software would take me to that post but now it goes back to the top post in the thread. Is that so I'm sure to see the list of "associates"?