270 volts to my dad's hand

CZYDMND

This is my weekend with my dad in the emergency room......He was wiring a doctors office and got bit by 270 volts in his hand and fell 8ft off a ladder....Very lucky to be alive.....

He might loose 1 finger and they are going to use Pig skin to graph on...

He's doing ok now will go into surgery on tuesday afternoon.......

I'm just glad his alive.......

He wanted to go back to work to finish his job.......he's 69 years old I told him to sit his happy little A%$ down a relax.........

WARNING!!! graphic image

untitled.bmp

OMG!!!!!! :eek

I'm glad to hear that he will be ok..... No doubt about being lucky to be alive, that wound looks like the whole hand is a goner. Keep us posted, our thoughts and prayers go out to him.

Andrew

Thanks guys I just wanted everyone I know to put good thoughts and prayers out for his recovery.. Thank you for all your kind thought and I know my dad would love to hear all these positive thought are there for him

Damn Brian!!

I very seldom work 277 hot!!

I may disconnect a fixture or tie a new one into a live circuit to avoid having to shut a whole office area down.

Yes, I've been hammered a few times but your reactions tend to push you away!!

Your Dad got hung up!!

The worst situation an electrician can get into!!

Your body or parts of it are the means of least resistance for current flow!!

You continue that flow until the fuse blows or breaker trips, or the connection between Hot and Ground is severed!!

Visual evidence says he finally kicked himself loose by making the ladder fall and gravity helped break the hold!

Next version, arcing heat burns thru the hand and severs the link!!

I'm glad he is going to recover!!

Higher voltage instances tend to do long term muscle damage between the two points of contact!!

PM me!

Ken

OMG! That's aweful. I hope he recovers well from it. Man, oh, man. You can never have enough respect for electricity. It's hard to believe Europe uses 220 everywhere in the house.

Best of luck.

David

Added a warning to your image.....

Sorry to hear your dad is hurt, hope he recovers quickly!!!!

I got into 550 working on top of a telephone years back. from my hand to my forearm, I was able to pull loose without falling off the top of the 30 foot pole.... I had some blistering and callusing, took 2 days to get rid of the shakes.... I was lucky!!!

Robert and Elizabeth

Wow Brian, I am glad your dad is ok. How are you holding up?? Remember, your friends here at ACE are here for you...just ask if you need anything. Our hopes and prayers are with you and your dad :angel:angel

Here's to a speedy recovery!! :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

WOW! I am so sorry to see your dad got hurt. My thoughts and well wishes for a speedy recovery are also being sent your way! I have seen Mark get zapped a few times here and there throughout the years and although we laugh about it now, it truly is no laughing matter AT ALL!

Thank God your dad is alive to talk about the ordeal. My heart goes out to him! Take care.

You guy's rock thank you for all the support....I know I havent meet everyone because I seem to be busy all the time when it a corvette day......

But I love how all of you feel like family....

again thank you very much.........

He's going in for surgery today.....

But I love how all of you feel like family....

Yeah with this family it only has 1 branch on the tree! :lol Good luck with the surgery!

Ok dad is out of surgery and they were able to save all his fingers !!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy right now.........

They graphed skin on it it will take 6 months b4 he can use his hand again....

Thank You so much for your thoughts a prayers.....I'm sure that made a big help having so much positive support................

YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!