The headers are finally on

ChadC

I had help putting on headers this afternoon. The car sounds mean and dangerous now. I had several ACE members come over and we tagged teamed it together.

I wanted to say thanks..

Thank you Mark. I know you were a wee bit hung over (as was I…..Dam kamikazes ) but you made an effort to keep your promise to show up. I respect you for it.

Thank you Andrew for going head first under the car and tearing into it. You always made the effort to have me double check your work (that was not needed) as a sign of respect to me and my car.

Thank you Melissa. You were more than willing to get your hands dirty. It was a huge help having you read off the step by step instructions. It prevented us from redoing work. Im sure it was like herding cats some times.

Thank you Robert. While the O2 sensor hole was unforeseen snag I am thankful that you stayed under to get the job done while it was test fitted 3 times. Ugh

Thank you Tim for drinking all my beer. With out you it would have not been done. :D

Just kidding…

IN all seriousness I appreciate how you took on some of the small tasks like the spark plugs. You gave it the attention it needed and then handed it over to whom ever was working on that side.

All of you worked together without egos to help me get a job done in one afternoon. And it was fun too.

Cheers

Cahd

Hmmmm...something is wrong here.

1. Why was not everyone invited?

2. Where are the photos????

:toetap:toetap:toetap

Glad you got her done. :thumbs

Still want photos though.

You got the Texas Speed ones right? If so, let me know how you like them. They seem to be the best priced out there at the moment.

Hmmmm...something is wrong here.

1. Why was not everyone invited?

Im am going to be direct and honest. It was a difficult decision.

#1: I had a rough work week. My home was not ready for a lot of people to show up.

#2 there are a lot of new members here at ACE. I want to meet and make new friends all the time. However I am private about whom I invite into my home. I would like to meet and say HI to a lot of folks at a neutral location first (say Gila bend Cruse) before having strangers into my home.

#3 IF a lot if people showed up, I would have to wear my Host hat instead of my mechanic hat. I wanted to be involved in my car. It would not feel right to have others do ALL the work on my car. I needed to control the head count.

2. Where are the photos????

andrew has them

You got the Texas Speed ones right? If so, let me know how you like them. They seem to be the best priced out there at the moment.

Yes. There were "issues" that caught all of us off guard. im to tired to go into details right now. however im on the fence about suggesting them to another person. verdic is not in yet.

cahd

Sorry I couldn't make it Chad, ended up getting really greasy twice on the RR today instead :devil

Guest UVETTYA

Glad you got-er done. :thumbs I paid to have mine done because I know the problems you can run into. I figure it's best to let someone do it who's done it before.

Are you getting a tune now? Did you leave your cats in? Stock catback?

the cats are long gone...

no tune for now. I will wait till I get an LS6 intake, cam, gear, 175 t stat yadda yadda yadda

Guest UVETTYA
the cats are long gone...

no tune for now. I will wait till I get an LS6 intake, cam, gear, 175 t stat yadda yadda yadda

Cool. Are you that same guy who bought his car just for cruisin and looking cool? :lol

BTW, are you throwing codes?

Thank you Tim for drinking all my beer. With out you it would have not been done. :D

Just kidding…

IN all seriousness I appreciate how you took on some of the small tasks like the spark plugs. You gave it the attention it needed and then handed it over to whom ever was working on that side.

Wow no comment about the oil filter, :smilelol I figured that would have made the headlines! Thanks Chad, had a good time my self. I did learn that a lift could be a friend for life! :yesnod Now off to the Motrin bottle...again! :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

Congrats on the new goodies Chad. Mark said it sounds a little more "aggressive" and that you were like a pig in chit with an ear to ear grin! Happy to hear it and I can't wait to hear the car!!!!!

Take her easy!

Chad - I'm glad to see you posting at 7, instead of midnight! Hated to bail with the job not quite done-woulda liked a sound clip for the old vid/photo album, but it wasn't meant to be. We'll get one next Sat, though! Also, glad to have some fantastic help with the project! :clap You guys busted butt and if it hadn't been for those little snags, we woulda been done so much earlier! Live and learn, huh? Also, I think you had just the right amount of help, we would have been bumping into each other too much otherwise.

M~

ps. It was good to get a little greasy again :yesnod

Well, if you know where to look, you can see the pix. I was trying to caption the pix but I was getting tired and grumpy. So I went to bed..... I'll try to finish the captions tonight... Maybe.....

Anywho, we had loads of fun and sorry about all the parts I broke....... :D I can't wait to hear it!!!!!!!

I still can't believe you let Melissa feel your seat...... And then Robert too....... :U

See ya' Saturday,

Andrew

I still can't believe you let Melissa feel your seat...... And then Robert too....... :U

See ya' Saturday,

Andrew

I'm not surprised he let Melissa and I guess I shouldn't be surprised about Robert, afterall they bunked together in Laughlin didn't they??? :huh

Guest Sidewinder
Well, if you know where to look, you can see the pix. I was trying to caption the pix but I was getting tired and grumpy. So I went to bed..... I'll try to finish the captions tonight... Maybe.....

Anywho, we had loads of fun and sorry about all the parts I broke....... :D I can't wait to hear it!!!!!!!

See ya' Saturday,

Andrew

I don't know where to look for the pix. I looked through your links but no dice. HELP!! :lol

Correction...that wasn't me feeling his car seat. :toetap I remember M feeling them and saying something about the suede feel and then someone else did as well. Had fun and slept well that night. I had to go to work today just to rest up. :lol Sounds great...nice growl. See all on Sat. Robert :burnout

So, no blow-by on the bungholes? :lol seriously.... :toetap

And I forgot all about feeling Chad's seat...kinda fuzzy :yesnod hee hee!

M~

See ya' Saturday,

Andrew

I'm not surprised he let Melissa and I guess I shouldn't be surprised about Robert, afterall they bunked together in Laughlin didn't they??? :huh

Yep that be right. :lol:lol