Garage Floor Coating

Final Effort

Just bought a new house, and I want to get the floor in the garage coated. Anyone have any past experience with this. DIY or having a pro do it, cost per sq.ft.?

Mine was done by flooring 5 years ago and have had no problems at all. Still looks good. Standard 2 car and cost around $500 ish. Can't recall for sure but that # rings a bell.

Mine was done by flooring 5 years ago and have had no problems at all. Still looks good. Standard 2 car and cost around $500 ish. Can't recall for sure but that # rings a bell.

Yeah, but he still parks Sunnie on an area rug. :smilelol

I'm having mine done right now. The best time to do it is when the house is new. A lot of prep work needs to be done if the floor has any kind of grease or oil on it. Sure brightens things up. I'm having a painter friend do it so I'm not quite sure of the cost yet. I'm having an industrial coating put on like they use in airplane hangers, $400 for 3 car garage. Worst part is cleaning all the crap out that has accumulated over 13 years.

Thanks guys, but I'm having it done in sections, this way I can pull the cabinets off the wall and do under them. Tonite the last section gets its 1st coat and tommorrow morning it gets its 2nd and final coat. Tonite I will park on the section thats been sitting for 4 days and hopefully has cured. But I still will put cardboard under the tires just incase. Tomorrow I will bring the bike back from the neighbors. How come you have an empty stall at your house? Or are you just wanting to drive MINE to work?

I have done it both ways. At my previous house, I used the home depot kits. It came out OK, but you could REALLY see the difference between that product and the ones used by professional installers. The floor at the new house came out really, really nice. It was a 4 phase process with them: etching, pigmented epoxy base, pigmented poly coat, sprinkles and a clear epoxy over top. I posted a pic of the sticker I placed between the pig poly and the clear.

It was significantly more to have the pros do it, but if you plan on staying in the house for a while, I highly recommend it. This is the guy that did the floor for me. He is a 2 man band, but stands behind his work and did a really nice job. He even caulked the expansion joints and ran the coating up the concrete at the edges of the surface. Its those little details that make all the difference in the finished job. You're welcome to come check out my floor if you like. Also, I have a friend that can make the stickers if you want to do something similar to what I did here.

Regards,

David

I know someone who does a great job on floors. He charges $3.50 a sq. foot. Very professional work. He has a brochure if you like.

We did both garages. Prep work is the hardest part. They both came out good. We used the floor paint from Home Depot on the attached garage and then we used the paint with flecks, specs, confetti (whatever the heck it is.) in the detached garage from Lowes. For a DIY project, it came out pretty good. I think.......

Andrew

Just bought a new house, and I want to get the floor in the garage coated. Anyone have any past experience with this. DIY or having a pro do it, cost per sq.ft.?

If you end up DIY, let me know. I have enough of this Link in gray for a two car garage (I know have a 4 car bay) that I will let go cheap.

Thanks everybody.

I am going to have the guy that did EUDLOSE's gargae do mine.

The question is since I've owned a 61, 63, 74, & 88 what do I use for the floor logo. I think I am good for two more Vetts before I put the keys away.

Thanks everybody.

The question is since I've owned a 61, 63, 74, & 88 what do I use for the floor logo. I think I am good for two more Vetts before I put the keys away.

Where is that C7 logo? ;)

I gave the extra C6 logo to buccaneer on this forum already, otherwise I'd give it to you. I do have the Corvette lettering part short the cross flags.

I recomend "Desert Canyon Flooring". Talk to Kevin. 5 Step process. Etching, Diamond grinding, two base epoxy coats, Chips, clear coat. No better job can be done. These guys work hard and are very carefull.

Hawkeye

I recomend "Desert Canyon Flooring". Talk to Kevin. 5 Step process. Etching, Diamond grinding, two base epoxy coats, Chips, clear coat. No better job can be done. These guys work hard and are very carefull.

Hawkeye

Got a number, I can't find a listing for that name?

Thanks everybody.

Just talked this guy as well and he said you are out in my area, Laveen? What part of "town"are you in?

Thanks everybody.

Just talked this guy as well and he said you are out in my area, Laveen? What part of "town"are you in?

Beverley Rd. & 51st. ave.

Thanks everybody.

Nevermind, He thought you were in Laveen as well.

Thanks everybody.

Nevermind, He thought you were in Laveen as well.

That is in Laveen.

I did epoxy before tiling the garage.. Get a pro to do it... quality comes out alot better than the DIY crap you can purchase at homedepot. This year I am going to rip out the floors in my home and put in travertine. When I buy my travertine I am going to purchase another 500 sq/ and do the garage too