Cruising Round Trip to YUMA Sunday Feb 18th

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Marylou and I will be cruising to Yuma this Sunday to have lunch with Tom (YumaZ06). If anyone else lives in Yuma and wants to meet up with us, that would be great! :thumbs

Also if anyone wants to cruise down there with us, you're sure welcome to come along. :yesnod

Marylou and I will be cruising to Yuma this Sunday to have lunch with Tom (YumaZ06). If anyone else lives in Yuma and wants to meet up with us, that would be great! :thumbs

Also if anyone wants to cruise down there with us, you're sure welcome to come along. :yesnod

Cool deal. Burger's and Beer for lunch. Great hamburgers and all kinds of beer and TV's everywhere!

Guest UVETTYA

I can vouch for the good burgers! (and a hottie waitress or two) <snicker> :leaving

Tom's pretty darn good company too, for those of you who haven't met him. :thumbs

We might grab a hotel if no one else comes with us, Tom. Depends on how much beer I drink. (I can only have 1 or 2 or more) :lol Is there anything interesting to see or do in Yuma on a Sunday afternoon/evening?

I could take you on a scenic tour on the California side of the river to see some lakes and the river, or a trip out to the sand dunes (about 15 miles away). We'll figure something out.

Guest UVETTYA

I like to kick it, like everyone else, occassionally, but normally I drive the speed limit plus 5 or so. I usually only get carried away when I'm around the speed demons (you know who you are) :devil and I like to compete, so sometimes we go at it. It's the manly thing to do. <shrug> :lol

So don't let that hold you back. We'll drive like old pharts if you like.

Just don't pass me. :devil:lol

I just said to the wife lets go, we have not been there. Then she tells me it is the Daytona 500, and we are not going to miss it. I say yes dear, I knew that and that I was just testing her. Have fun. :D I don't know when it really happened but some where is the last 40 years I lost control of things. :eek

I just said to the wife lets go, we have not been there. Then she tells me it is the Daytona 500, and we are not going to miss it. I say yes dear, I knew that and that I was just testing her. Have fun. :D I don't know when it really happened but some where is the last 40 years I lost control of things. :eek

You've got XM don't you. She can listen to it on the radio. :thumbs

You've got XM don't you. She can listen to it on the radio. :thumbs

Can't drink beer and do that Eddie...

and my beer is already in the fridge. :thumbs:lol

I would go, but I've already been down to yuma 3 times on calls since sunday night..... :banghead

Be sure to wave on yer way through the bend!

Guest UVETTYA
I would go, but I've already been down to yuma 3 times on calls since sunday night..... :banghead

Be sure to wave on yer way through the bend!

Wave hell. I think a 4K rpm clutch drop in front of your house would be more appropriate. :thumbs

:burnout

So what's your address? :devil

Guest racingchester

Went through the Bend on Tuesday with a bus load of kids to Yuma for a (yawn) tennis tourney. Could have stopped at Dawgs for lunch or a 40 kid potty stop..............

Went through the Bend on Tuesday with a bus load of kids to Yuma for a (yawn) tennis tourney. Could have stopped at Dawgs for lunch or a 40 kid potty stop..............

That certainly would have overtaxed the sewage system of Gila Bend!

I just spent another 18 hours on overtime 10 miles outside of Yuma yesterday.

I really don't want to see that place again for a few weeks.....

Guest UVETTYA
I just spent another 18 hours on overtime 10 miles outside of Yuma yesterday.

I really don't want to see that place again for a few weeks.....

And this from a guy who lives 3 ft from hell. :lol

Guest UVETTYA

OK Tom, if you're reading - ML and I are headed out about 9 am. Looks like these light weights are going to make us go alone. :huh

Mapquest says it's 185 miles. We should be there in about an hour. :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

I make the trip to YUMA a lot. One of my Holsum Bakery Outlet stores is down there off of 16th Street and Aizona Avenue (actually it on 21st street behind the Burgers and Beer place.

So, I am sorry we can't make this trip this Sunday, but maybe another time. Yuma is a pretty cool little place. It is growing like mad though!

Take it easy and drive safe. Have fun. I have made the trek in as little as 2 hours and 5 minutes. But I wasn't in the Vette when I did it. I was in a rental car. lol.

Well I was about 30 miles from Yuma while Steve was down there, but I was up to my elbows in grease at a crossing. Talked to him when he left there, hope they made it home ok with all the traffic!

Guest UVETTYA
Well I was about 30 miles from Yuma while Steve was down there, but I was up to my elbows in grease at a crossing. Talked to him when he left there, hope they made it home ok with all the traffic!

Yes, made it home just fine. There was a mile backup at the Border Patrol checkpoint on I-8 but it moved through pretty quick.

Too bad we couldn't meet up Dwayne. We had a good time with Tom and a great lunch. We even got the hottie waitress. :thumbs Also got to meet Tom's neighbor who owns a body shop and owns almost 40 muscle cars, in various stages of restoration. We got to see and hear the 69 396 Chevelle in his garage. Awesome! Marylou took some pix and I'll post them this evening.

Steve

Yes, made it home just fine. There was a mile backup at the Border Patrol checkpoint on I-8 but it moved through pretty quick.

Too bad we couldn't meet up Dwayne. We had a good time with Tom and a great lunch. We even got the hottie waitress. :thumbs Also got to meet Tom's neighbor who owns a body shop and owns almost 40 muscle cars, in various stages of restoration. We got to see and hear the 69 396 Chevelle in his garage. Awesome! Marylou took some pix and I'll post them this evening.

Steve

Glad you both could come down and visit. Doug (my neighbor) has been buying old cars on e-bay and doing resto mods to them. He is in love with 1969 era cars and has a really nice 69 Superbee with a 440 magnum in it. Also a 69 Mach1 mustang, 69 camaro's, gto's, 55 chevy's, el camino's, and dodge chargers. They are not numbers matching but he does great work on them with upgraded drivetrains and go fast goodies.