Going to Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

To anyone who's not going to the Boy's Toy's Expo -- Dean (MOTAV8) and I are going to Speedworld this morning to make a few passes. Come and join us if you can. :thumbs

Steve

Good luck and have some fun for me too.

Steve and I represented :chris , two sinister black 'vettes driven by two old unshaven wisenheimers. We saw Tony (Z O SICK) out there too.

Nice mornin', but everyone had to wait and wait for all the little tykes in the junior dragsters and some track clean up. I only got two passes before I had to book. Anyway, we both ran personal bests on the same pass against each other. I crushed him at the tree and it hooked, didn't see him until about half track when the little f***er came walking by me and WAVING BYE-BYE to me on his way to an 11.873. Bastage! :devil

Anyway, I finally cracked into the 12's with a 12.990, so you C6'ers know what's up. :lol

Mary Lou came along for moral support, so there should be video evidence shortly. :thumbs

Sorry to steal your thunder Steve-a-reno, but that waving stunt has to cost you somehow! :jive:

Guest UVETTYA

Sorry for waving as I went by Dean. :lol I couldn't resist. :devil

You certainly treed me, but I was trying to get my RPM just right.

Your car runs really good and it sounds great too. Thanks for suggesting we go. I had a blast. :thumbs Only bummer was that I got rained on at the track and all the way home. :toetap

Here's the evidence. I think it's cool we both got new personal bests on this run. Note there are no 60 ft times... someone wiped out the electronics last night.

post-269-1171252789.jpg

Note there are no 60 ft times... someone wiped out the electronics last night.

Wasn't me! :D

Sorry for waving as I went by Dean. :lol I couldn't resist. :devil

You certainly treed me, but I was trying to get my RPM just right.

Your car runs really good and it sounds great too. Thanks for suggesting we go. I had a blast. :thumbs Only bummer was that I got rained on at the track and all the way home. :toetap

Here's the evidence. I think it's cool we both got new personal bests on this run. Note there are no 60 ft times... someone wiped out the electronics last night.

post-269-1171252789.jpg

Hey, "Waves-with-one-hand-while-shifting-with-the-other" :toetap, you can call it trying to get your rpm just right, but we all know that it's a good thing you got all that horsepower. :devil Come on tax-man, I need good news! Psssst...... :eek

I know Marylou got this run on video cuz I saw it on that gizmo that's smaller than my cellphone. Email it to me, PLEASE! I bet it sounds awesome! Your cam rocks! :thumbs Thanks for going with me, we shore stuck oot amidst all those Rustangs and Neons! :lol

Edit: P.S. I got rained on too :huh , had to drive over past Maryvale :eek to get my kid.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hot damn STEVE!!!!! Congrats on the 11.87 run! THat is damn sweet!

And congrats to you Dean on a new personal best! See, practice makes it all good doesn't it. I need some new tires and I will be out there again soon as well.

Take it easy all and glad you had a good time. Thanks for representin! Sorry to hear you got rained on, but just goes to prove, Vettes do NOT melt in the rain! lol.

Guest UVETTYA
Hey, "Waves-with-one-hand-while-shifting-with-the-other" :toetap, you can call it trying to get your rpm just right, but we all know that it's a good thing you got all that horsepower. :devil Come on tax-man, I need good news! Psssst...... :eek

Actually I took my right hand off the gear shift and waved at you, then grabbed 4th. (insert smartass icon here) :lol

I know Marylou got this run on video cuz I saw it on that gizmo that's smaller than my cellphone. Email it to me, PLEASE! I bet it sounds awesome! Your cam rocks! :thumbs Thanks for going with me, we shore stuck oot amidst all those Rustangs and Neons! :lol

Edit: P.S. I got rained on too :huh , had to drive over past Maryvale :eek to get my kid.

We stuck out because we were averaging 1½ seconds quicker. :lol Although I did see a Cobra bang an 11.1@130 :eek

And yes, the lovely Marylou got a vid for us....

HERE'S THE VIDEO

It runs choppy for me if I just play the video, but works ok if I run the slideshow. So if it runs choppy for you try the slideshow.

Guest UVETTYA
Hot damn STEVE!!!!! Congrats on the 11.87 run! THat is damn sweet!

And congrats to you Dean on a new personal best! See, practice makes it all good doesn't it. I need some new tires and I will be out there again soon as well.

Take it easy all and glad you had a good time. Thanks for representin! Sorry to hear you got rained on, but just goes to prove, Vettes do NOT melt in the rain! lol.

Thanks Tanya. My Vette didn't melt but it sure got dirty!! :toetap

Good job Steve. Happy for ya. I bet it still has a little more left in it.

:agree I think there's an 11.7 in there...

Nice job Steve. I took you for one of those nice, kind, mild mannered superman kind of guy. Guess not.

You too Dean!!

Nice video!

Jay

:clap That's way cool. Love the sound, that 'vettes w/headers "harmony" is nice. :devil

Tell Marylou "thanks" for me! :thumbs

She sure had a good angle of my ole girl on street tires gettin out on that wicked Z with DR's! :bang When I squeeze it at the top end you'll have a harder time chasin' me down! :yesnod With over a second in hand right now you could take a nap and still fly by. :lol

BTW, Steve is a kind, mild-mannered dude....he's just got lead in his foot, alot of it. :burnout:thumbs

I see some interest, do I hear a "while-its-still-cool-enough-for-good-e.t.'s" A.C.E. drag-day coming soon??? :devil

Guest UVETTYA
Nice job Steve. I took you for one of those nice, kind, mild mannered superman kind of guy. Guess not.

Jay

Does handsome, suave, debonair, ladie's man of the world count? :lol

Ooowee! that sounds and looks great! Good job guys-just keep peeling those tenths off your times! :thumbs

I'm guessing ya'll :wub your cars even more now....

M~

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Nice pass Steve! Nice ET and Trap. I'm looking forward to seeing you break your own record in person on March 3rd! :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
Nice pass Steve! Nice ET and Trap. I'm looking forward to seeing you break your own record in person on March 3rd! :thumbs

Tanks Joe. I'll wittle it down until I can't get any more out of her, then I'll be talking to Mike again. :thumbs

You're bringing the Dodge, right?

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Tanks Joe. I'll wittle it down until I can't get any more out of her, then I'll be talking to Mike again. :thumbs

You're bringing the Dodge, right?

Yep! The Porsche too :yesnod