Anyone in the AC/heatpump field ?

ZWOW6

I got a old heat pump thats going to need replaced in the near future, I'm looking to find a good deal, or a good referal. Someone I can trust not to rip me off, I know it's not cheap, I'm not looking for cheap, just good and fair :)

Thanks Tim

You're on my side o' town so I'll refer the guys I use, honest and fair, a rarity in this field, call Dave at Sun City Mechanical, 623-214-2366. :thumbs

I used Haibaca (spelling?) They are near 27th av/ 1 blk. N of Glendale. Been happy with them.

I used Haibaca (spelling?) They are near 27th av/ 1 blk. N of Glendale. Been happy with them.

i got a guy i work with who loves side work (he's the building engineer at the safeway accounting office) and HVAC certified!

definitely knows his stuff - if you PM me some contact information, i'll have him call you or i can get his info and you can call him - either way - let me know!

I've been in the a/c field about 25 years and have been known to do some sidework. let me know if your're interested.

Do you know anything about geothermal heat pumps? Are they a practical solution here in the desert? It seems that it would be far more efficient to pump the heat into the ground than into a 115 degree atmosphere.

I've been in the a/c field about 25 years and have been known to do some sidework. let me know if your're interested.

Do you know anything about geothermal heat pumps? Are they a practical solution here in the desert? It seems that it would be far more efficient to pump the heat into the ground than into a 115 degree atmosphere.

I've never installed geothermal but have heard that it will take mega years to

recoop the extra money that you will be spending on the equipent and installation.

I'm not quite sure how deep in the ground you need to bury the lines, probably

6 feet or so. There are many different units with very high efficiency, the most common

and best bang for the buck would be in the neighborhood of 16 seer. If you plan on staying

in your house for at least 5 years that is what I recommend. If you plan on selling sooner

than that you might as well wait unless the compressor goes out.