Welcome Josh Kinzey

Desertdawg

Hi Josh :howdy

Year of Corvette 1991

Color Black

City Fayetteville

State North Carolina

Welcome to ACE!

If your planning on making the Gila Bend Cruise, you better pack your bag's and leave soon so your not late.

Post a picture of your Corvette, and tell us when you expect to move out here!

Welcome From Glendale. :thumbs

Thanks, I am only considering the move at this point, but I would like to get to know the car guys/gals out that way before I take the plunge. Here's a pic of my car.

Originally, I am from Montana. I joined the Air Force at 18 and spent 4 years at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. While the skiing/snowboarding there was awesome, the prevailing religious themes and heinous elevation (7,000+ density elevation at the drag strip = YUCK!) eventually took their toll on my opinion of the area. Once out of the military, I stayed in Utah for about another year and then headed out to NC.

I've been here for 2 years or so. I've always been interested in living in Arizona, and I am finally in a position where I'm not really held here by anything, so it seems like a good time to make a change. I'm looking to hopefully be out of here within the next 12 months, possibly sooner if all goes well.

Any area's to avoid when considering a place to live?

I don't have a ton of money, I'd like to buy a house for less than 200K if that's at all realistic. For those of you who have lived elsewhere, how would you rate the cost of living there?

Anyway, good to be aboard, hopefully by next February I'll be there.

:howdy and welcome to ACE from Peoria! :thumbs

Glad you found us and I hope your prospective move to AZ is sooner rather than later. If you enjoyed Utah, you'll love Arizona! :yesnod

BTW, nice 'vette! :thumbs And cat. :lol

As a member, even from afar, you have voting rights! Click HERE to vote for your color! :devil

L8R, Dean

Any area's to avoid when considering a place to live?

ummm...Maryvale :lol

:agree I'd say Central to 75 Av and Glendale south. You might even want to expand those boundries a little.

Phill's Vette

Welcome from Mesa :howdy

Mesa has some nice homes in the 180's - 220's' Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale would be hard to find anything good around $200,000 that is in a half way good and safe neighborhood! I own a home is Mesa and love it compaired to Phx! No kidding about Maryvale (west Phx) baaaaaad area!! :huh

You'll luv Arizona - way better than "The Hill" in Utah; I lived there for the first 9 yrs of my life and have not been back since. We lived about a rocks throw from HAFB and my dad worked on the base with aviation. My family was Southern Baptist - we were not very welcomed there.... :hunter

You just cannot beat the weather here - the last few days have been vert/t-top kind-a-days! As are most winter days here. There is a bunch of 'vettes here also - you'll fit right in!

Is that a high-flow cat in the picture - hope you don't ever decide to gut your cat... :lol

Nice Vette!!

Is Black Really A Color.... :leaving

Wow...SC huh? Long way from here...but :howdy from Litchfield Park (not that you know where that is :lol ).

If you do decide to move, this is a good bunch of people and willing to step up and help with just about anything...as long as :drinkers are provided. j/k

-wave-

..from NW Phoenix, right in the 'heart' of the 'bad' area I might add :)

-Frank an Kathy (35th an Bethany Home .. old neighborhood)

Thanks for the tips guys.

I actually voted for yellow, lol.

My car has no catalytic converters on it right now. I intentionally keep it registered in Montana where there are no inspection or emission hang ups. I have a connection with the DMV in Montana, but it's top secret so don't ask me to hook you up too, lol.

The cat in the picture is not mine. The pic is from the day I bought the car from the previous owner, it's his cat. I don't know if the cat is a high flow model or not, lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope to meet some of you guys soon.

I actually voted for yellow, lol.

Good move and I'm thankful for that, but around these here parts, it's YELLER!!! :lol Welcome again!

Robert and Elizabeth

Hi Josh, we live in Gilbert, which is in the southeast valley. It is about 30 miles from central Phoenix. Gilbert has some nice homes you could look at. It is a young to middle aged crowd and very family oriented and it was supposed to be the fastest growing area in the US last year. There are a bunch of new homes going up and most of the neighborhoods are good. Gilbert schools is ranked in the top 1% of all AZ schools too. Tempe tends to be a very young crowd because of ASU. Houses there are going to be older. Mesa homes in western and central Mesa are older, but the more east you go, the newer they are and also more $$. Forget about Scottsdale unless you want a condo/townhome-very expensive. Chandler is also an option for you. The west side of Phoenix has some newer homes in your price range but the far west valley will give you the most for your $$. Central Phoenix has older homes, but crime can be a problem there. Go to Yahoo.com and look under the real estate section or realtor.com and see if you find a home you like. Then post the address here on the forum and we could tell you if the area is ok or not.

Oh and by the way, welcome to ACE! :howdy