10.78@130.5..........

smitty's05gto

smitty's05gto

10-1.jpg

They had the snowbird nationals out today, so the track was in good shape.... I was one of the first cars to run and still came out wheel hopping and spinning, but not as bad as on friday.

i got my timeslip and did a happy dance in the car...

The manager at the track was PISSED!

I was told " If you do that again without a cage, You're banned forever."

Damn... So i went back around for another run. LOL

This time i sprayed out of the hole and it Dead hooked... Cut a 1.54 60'. It felt so damned good... would have been a solid 10.6 easy BUT.... I let out of it. I couldnt let myself be banned from the track. lol..

So anyway.. it's cage time for sure now. I asked and they told me i could have a swing out on the drivers side, so that makes it more bearable for me.

10-1.jpg

They had the snowbird nationals out today, so the track was in good shape.... I was one of the first cars to run and still came out wheel hopping and spinning, but not as bad as on friday.

i got my timeslip and did a happy dance in the car...

The manager at the track was PISSED!

I was told " If you do that again without a cage, You're banned forever."

Damn... So i went back around for another run. LOL

This time i sprayed out of the hole and it Dead hooked... Cut a 1.54 60'. It felt so damned good... would have been a solid 10.6 easy BUT.... I let out of it. I couldnt let myself be banned from the track. lol..

So anyway.. it's cage time for sure now. I asked and they told me i could have a swing out on the drivers side, so that makes it more bearable for me.

Good job Smitty. I am looking forward to running you soon :) We can get kicked off the track together. I guess I'll need a cage soon too..... :devil Oh and nice AZPS backer on your timeslip :clap

:clap Awesome. :clap

Now that is the kind of "ban" you could be proud of, sorta like a badge of honor. :devil

Robert and Elizabeth
:clap Awesome. :clap

Now that is the kind of "ban" you could be proud of, sorta like a badge of honor. :devil

:agree

Jegs makes cage kits and universals .. NHRA legal stuff.

It's not that hard to do yer own even if you cant weld.

You have to do the measurements, and bend a coat hangar where the tube has to bend .. then buy the tubing, take it to a muffler shop an have it bent, then have it welded together into the car.

Label each coat hangar bend if yer doin a batch.

Space the coat hangar any way you want .. ie: outside of the curve (right up against the car interior) ..spaced out an inch (middle of the curve of tubing) ..or spaced out 2 inches (so bent tubing will be just off of the interior peices).

If you have each bent peice swaged on each end, you can slip fit the cage in, adjust a little, then weld 'er up.

Then .. you slap some black paint on it, foam padding over it, tape it up, and yer good to go.

It takes a bit of time, but you can make a cage that's legal and fits like a glove instead of one that is constantly in yer way.

-Frank (and there's all kinda ways to make a swing out ..or you can just put a bend in it :) Jegs even sells a swing out kit :)

Congrats Smitty! :thumbs Definitely have to get a cage, or go out to the track when someone rents out the track (they don't seem to care on those days).