Corvette'N America Road Tour

Speedratchet

looks like fun .. perhaps after I finish my RN (next year or perhaps the year after)

-Frank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catbert

The fee is pretty high for what you get. A number of the local folks do the early May Route 66 Fun Run open to Vettes, musclecars and hotrods. We went last year, and it was a blast. It's a 2 or 3 day event that travels from Seligman to Topock with an overnighter in Kingman. The is an all entrant car show in Kingman, and the town rolls out the red carpet with dances, specials and drive-in cruising at night. It's May 4-6 this year.

Just another choice for a good time before the really hot weather settles in.

http://www.azrt66.com/funrun.htm

• 1 month later...

Hey Gary,

It looks like it may be fun, Are you planning on doing the silver or gold package?

Speedratchet
Hey Gary,

It looks like it may be fun, Are you planning on doing the silver or gold package?

We're doing the gold package.

Just might be able to talk the wife into this one, but will have to wait till she gets back from country thunder to ask.

Any idea how many cars were there last year?

Speedratchet
Just might be able to talk the wife into this one, but will have to wait till she gets back from country thunder to ask.

Any idea how many cars were there last year?

I think it was 200+ cars.

Marana Rich

I have signed up, and I know Janie Robinson and at least two other cars from Yuma/El Centro area are going. We are planning on caravaning up, so would be neat to hook up with other ACEs/ACERs(?) :crazy along the way.

Dark Red but Red

Rich

• 1 month later...
Speedratchet

Update: For those of you that are leaving from Tucson we're going to meet and depart from the Sonic on Grant road at 0830. We will pick up any fellow members on the way per request. :thumbs

Sonic Directions

• 2 weeks later...
Marana Rich

We have four Corvettes leaving Yuma Thursday morning, and will eventually meet up with the Tucson group north of Phoenix.

Are there any others going?

Anyone else want to coordinate meeting along the way?

Gary, the brochure says check-in time is from 2 to 8:30.

Are you planning to stop for lunch along the way? I think we will need a pit stop about the time we hook up with you. That should put us there right around 2.

Can anyone recommend a good spot in area of I-17/101 to meet up with Tucson folks? How will traffic be in late morning on a Thursday?

Speedratchet
We have four Corvettes leaving Yuma Thursday morning, and will eventually meet up with the Tucson group north of Phoenix.

Are you planning to stop for lunch along the way? I think we will need a pit stop about the time we hook up with you. That should put us there right around 2.

Can anyone recommend a good spot in area of I-17/101 to meet up with Tucson folks? How will traffic be in late morning on a Thursday?

Rich. We'll have four cars leaving from Tucson. Lets plan on eating when we meet.

I'll do some research tonight and see if I can find a restaurant.

Rich. We'll have four cars leaving from Tucson. Lets plan on eating when we meet.

I'll do some research tonight and see if I can find a restaurant.

Cracker Barrel

Traffic....well it's Phoenix, so expect it to be heavy but moving

There's a Cracker Barrel at I-17 and Deer Valley Rd. That's about as far north as you'll get for decent eating.

Depending on how late, the traffic should settle down after 9am. Everyone's at work by then. Nothing can be as bad as trying to go east/west in Tucson. :willy

Speedratchet
There's a Cracker Barrel at I-17 and Deer Valley Rd. That's about as far north as you'll get for decent eating.

Depending on how late, the traffic should settle down after 9am. Everyone's at work by then. Nothing can be as bad as trying to go east/west in Tucson. :willy

Thanks Eddie. That looks like a good place to meet. Should take us 2-2 1/2 hours to get there.

Marana Rich

These were taken during our caravan to the Grand Canyon. Caught the Condors perched on the ledges and soaring, but the pictures don't do them justice. It was hard to find them when I was zooming in, but magnificent to watch. Many more pics of the caravan and the shine & show to get posted as soon as I can get them together.

California Condors in Grand Canyon

I think I saw you guys all going home today just outside of Gila Bend as we were heading up to the Hooters lunch...

I waved!!! :howdy

Marana Rich
I think I saw you guys all going home today just outside of Gila Bend as we were heading up to the Hooters lunch...

Not me, I went through GB about 8 in the morning, by myself. Janie/Malcolm & Duane were in a black c5 and a white c6, both convertibles, they came back later on...Nice stretch of road on 85 coming down to GB, and with no traffic in the morning, it sure was tempting to get on it....I hadn't been on that stretch since they opened up the new south section.

Guest RojoSi5

Not me, I went through GB about 8 in the morning, by myself. Janie/Malcolm & Duane were in a black c5 and a white c6, both convertibles, they came back later on...Nice stretch of road on 85 coming down to GB, and with no traffic in the morning, it sure was tempting to get on it....I hadn't been on that stretch since they opened up the new south section.

Rich,

We were in Yuma at 11:00 am Sunday, we left Flagstaff at 6:40 am. Couldn't put the puddle to the metal at all, we saw 5 DPS on the way home. Duane set his speed on 75 and we cruised home at that pace.

Very nice pics of the CA Condors in the canyon.

Janie

Marana Rich

Yeah, I hit a couple of them dudes on 17 south, then on 8. I think I made it home in less than 4 hours.

Lowest speed through Phoenix was 75, and I can't print what I hit on 85 south. Loved the drive down 17 though, it seemed more curvy than going up, but maybe I was going faster, hardly any traffic, and I did see some elk/caribou not far south of Flagstaff. My tire pressure was down to 24, so I got gas and added air before I took off. That was lower than the morning before, so maybe I lost some doing the run up and down Snow Bowl. (That would be a good monthly run) Here is link to some of the Caravan to the Grand Canyon Friday morning

Corvette-n-America Cruise 8 June 2007

Yeah it was Janie/Malcolm & Duane that we saw about 2 miles east of Gila Bend. Can't miss that white C6 with the red stripe down the hood :thumbs

Good to hear no one got into trouble, we saw no smokies running up to hooters and back.