ACE-COTV Yuma April Fools Run

Desertdawg

I told the other person to talk to you (Eddie) and Kameron, hopefully you guys can help him get through this, or I think his wife may take his kitchen pass away.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

i went throught this..

if its Criminal speeding. School does not apply.

IMHO without knowing more details Id say claim NOT guilty and see if they will plea you down to a lesser charge where you can take a traffic school.

Anything over 85 is excessive speed, which is a Class 3 misdemeanor in AZ. No traffic school at that point. One can always try to fight it. The burden of proof is a lot more difficult for criminal traffic compared to simple civil traffic speeding.

i went throught this..

if its Criminal speeding. School does not apply.

IMHO without knowing more details Id say claim NOT guilty and see if they will plea you down to a lesser charge where you can take a traffic school.

I agree with Chad's advise above. If you don't truly believe you're guilty then go to court but don't just come in and say "your honor I didn't do it". If it boils down to your word against the officer the officer will win every time. Alot of folks believe this is akin to guilty til proven innocent. I can tell you the judges feel that officers have nothing to loose and you have everything to loose. So whose most likely to lie? My other suggestion would be that if you do go to court I suggest you hire an attorney. Attorney's know the system, they know when and how to argue a case. I've seen more defendants piss off a judge by not knowing when to shut up. The attorney will know how to argue the case and what evidence is pertainent and what isn't.

Good Luck!

Sorry to hear LEO got involved .. was a great run down to Yuma, the BBQ at Dave's Famous BBQ was *excellent* :)

Kathy an I were kinda beat (worked till midnite then got up early for the run ..and she waits for me to get home so we were both up late :)

..We finished our lunch and hit the room for nap time, then went out for movie.. was *nice* to get outta Phoenix for awhile.

That 'mall' area down there is a great community-entertainment-tourist trap affair .. I liked the way its laid out and parking an such.. kind of a main street affair with parkin all outside the area, very well done.

Surprised the heck outta me that cokes were only fifty cents and the movie was 5 bucks :) Wife says we need to move down there!

Even premium at Chevron was a dime cheaper per gallon than it is up here in Phoenix.

If it wasn't for the fact that it becomes the Surface of the Sun in July and August .. -grin-

We both had a great time and enjoyed meetin people and seeing all the Vette's ..some nice cars for sure :)

-Frank an Kathy

I will get my pictures posted as soon as I get my technical problems worked out. rookie needs help or it's time to get more memory ( in more ways then just the computer too ) Hang in there with me, I got some nice one's! Yuma was a BLAST! Great group from CA and Tucson, bunch of party animals! :willy

I guess today would not have been a good day to speed to Yuma? I think we would get caught many times. :D

I guess today would not have been a good day to speed to Yuma? I think we would get caught many times. :D

Actually DPS and the locals are probably so tied up with GW that you could sprint through town at triple digits and never see a cop. That is unless you detoured through the airport. :lol