ACE-COTV Yuma April Fools Run

Desertdawg

Last year this was the Mystery Cruise, but since everyone will know where we are going there's not much mystery now.

The Corvettes of Temecula Valley (CoTV) will meet us in Yuma again, and they are planning on out-numbering us this time.

The challenge has been accepted!!!

Their plan is to arrive on Saturday, stay the night and then head home on Sunday April 1st. So your more than welcome to make this an overnighter.

Plan on another scavenger hunt, again this year, but you better bring your lucky charm, this year it's going to be allot more challenging.

Start times, & locations.

EAST SIDE: Meet at Krispy Kreme Arizona Mills Mall ( east side lot ) at 6:30 am

WEST SIDE: Lowes and I-10 at 7:30 am

NORTHSIDERS: Kmart 32nd and Cactus 6:30 am

TUCSON: Check with Greg!!!

Gila Bend: Shell/Subway main drag at 9:00 am

Yuma: the Mall area by Famous Daves BBQ

Motel info from for those that want to stay overnight....

From Rich, COTV

...The La Fuente Inn & Suites is on 16th street..very nice..we stayed there last year..free breakfast and evening happy hour !!!

Tell your group to please follow instructions below..very important re deadline...thanks..,

Rich

------------------------------------------------

La Fuente Inn & Suites

For reservations you must call no later than March 19th..

Please use this number: Important..

1-800-841-1814

Use above toll free number and ask to be included in the "Corvettes" group reservation...we have a group rate of $99 + tax...each room has one King Size bed...unable to get rooms with two beds at this rate...

-----------------------------------------------

the list

Me & Jammye

Tom Szwec

Eddie Catlett

Mike & Sue

Gary Kane

Gary and Jayne

Greg & Susan

Robert

Sherry Garland & hubby

Mick & Karen

Ed Coppola

Frank & Kathy

Ed and Mona

Dave & Joan

Sean

Steve

Jim & Judy

maybes

Tanya

Maria Pinter

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

Sounds like fun! It was a great time last year.

Besides I can take the C6 back by the dealer and tell her if she's not good I'll take her back. Kinda like when I tell the kids "I brought you into this world I can take you out". Don't worry, they're not scared either.

For some peoples sake would you be sure to warn your local DPS guy too? :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

What time does it start again? I have school until 1pm. I may have to miss this one. Darn it.

Last year was sooo much fun too. Well..................poopy! And I can't get out of class because I am already taking the Gila Bend event off from school that day.

I could just plan to meet you all in Yuma after I get out, I have made the trip in 2hrs and 15 minuts before. lol...

And yes, we should let the DPS know whats going on! lol... Mark, Chris, Phil!

Maybe we should invite the DPS guy along for lunch. I know there are a treo of guys here that owe him at least a lunch. Besides we could see if that Crown Vic could keep up with a bunch of Vettes :lol:lol

Count us in! That was a great event last year! Really enjoyed the "spirited" trip down. But missed the excitement on the way back.

Gary and Jayne

Guest UVETTYA

Pencil us in. We really had a great time last year. :yesnod

That's also the cruise that gave us "The A.C.E. Video"

Not to complain but the trip back would have been more fun for us if we would have all stuck together. :thumbs

That's where Tom (YumaZ06) lives, so I don't know? :smilelol

Yup, I live here. Missed last years mystery cruise and never knew it was to Yuma until after it was done or I would have met you guys. I should be around to meet everyone once the hotel is announced.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UVETTYA

That's where Tom (YumaZ06) lives, so I don't know? :smilelol

Yup, I live here. Missed last years mystery cruise and never knew it was to Yuma until after it was done or I would have met you guys. I should be around to meet everyone once the hotel is announced.

Kinda like Rodney Dangerfield... "my parents moved 3 times - and never told me where they were going."

None of us knew where we were going until we got there. If you can imagine that we trusted Dawg so much that we all just got in our dam cars and followed him right down the road to... wherever, no questions asked! We were told it was "a mystery cruise."

Jim Jones has nothing on you Dawg. :smilelol

ps don't drink the cool-aid

Kinda like Rodney Dangerfield... "my parents moved 3 times - and never told me where they were going."

None of us knew where we were going until we got there. If you can imagine that we trusted Dawg so much that we all just got in our dam cars and followed him right down the road to... wherever, no questions asked! We were told it was "a mystery cruise."

Jim Jones has nothing on you Dawg. :smilelol

ps don't drink the cool-aid

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Is there a link or a specific site or person to contact for this event?

I am in if I don't have to work, but also have a friend in Cali who is from a different part of the state that would like to attend.

Any contact info I can give my friend?

• 3 weeks later...

Motel info also posted in top post....

Motel info from for those that want to stay overnight....

From Rich, COTV

...The La Fuente Inn & Suites is on 16th street..very nice..we stayed there last year..free breakfast and evening happy hour !!!

Tell your group to please follow instructions below..very important re deadline...thanks..,

Rich

------------------------------------------------

La Fuente Inn & Suites

For reservations you must call no later than March 19th..

Please use this number: Important..

1-800-841-1814

Use above toll free number and ask to be included in the "Corvettes" group reservation...we have a group rate of $99 + tax...each room has one King Size bed...unable to get rooms with two beds at this rate...

Not much intrest in this run this year????

You are talking Yuma??? :huh

JK, I'll probably be there but just can't commit yet. We've got a kid coming home after his government sponsored Baghdad vacation and one from College in Chicago. Not sure right now what the plans are.

Marana Rich

Anything I can do for anyone for the weekend trip to Yuma let me know.

We need to get this think going a bit more. It is not that far away. Some are staying over and not driving back, and some are driving back. It sure would be one heck of a turn out if we could get close to the numbers at the BBQ last month. Lets swarm on Yuma. Post up! :thumbs:thumbs

Sorry, going to Moab, UT this year and do some things in a Jeep that vehicles were never intended to do. :P

On our lists of wants to do's, would love to do this, sounds super fun. Need to find puppy sitters, grandma works the best plus she loves to get out of the house. Hubby has worked in Yuma lots, he will have to drive as he knows the way.