Flowmaster exhaust

tacobuilder

My new C6 exhaust just sounds kinda wimpy. Is anyone running a Flowmaster system # 17427 with quad tips. Heard a sound clip and it sounds pretty nice. I have the auto and I am concerned about the dreaded " drone". I will be at the lunch on Saturday, so hopefully, I get check out what everyone is running. Thanks for any information, Cliff

My new C6 exhaust just sounds kinda wimpy. Is anyone running a Flowmaster system # 17427 with quad tips. Heard a sound clip and it sounds pretty nice. I have the auto and I am concerned about the dreaded " drone". I will be at the lunch on Saturday, so hopefully, I get check out what everyone is running. Thanks for any information, Cliff

I just got a custom exhaust job done at AZ Power and Sound on my C-6. You can listen and see what you think on Saturday. :D

I just got a custom exhaust job done at AZ Power and Sound on my C-6. You can listen and see what you think on Saturday. :D

If you like Mike's with the 6spd you can check mine out after next Friday cause AZP&S is doing mine on 2-9 and I've got the automatic.

Thanks.

Does AZ Power make their own system or are they providing and installing any market system? The one thing I liked about the Flowmaster was it was not a very expensive system as compared to some. I am not going to mod the car, just wanted some better sound. If I really feel the need for speed and thrills I jump in the sandrail at Glamis. Thanks, and I appreciate the looksee on Saturday. Cliff

Thanks.

Does AZ Power make their own system or are they providing and installing any market system? The one thing I liked about the Flowmaster was it was not a very expensive system as compared to some. I am not going to mod the car, just wanted some better sound. If I really feel the need for speed and thrills I jump in the sandrail at Glamis. Thanks, and I appreciate the looksee on Saturday. Cliff

I haven't really researched the Flowmasters but Mike at AZP&S uses Magnaflow as I understand it. He fabricates the rest of the system. I think you'll find the sound better and the price similar to the Flowmasters. Listen to Nort99's and if you like it I'll have mine done in a week so you can hear the system with an automatic.

Thanks.

I'll be there Saturday and I have an Auto :burnout

prolly not much of a comparison . . I ran Flowmasters on my 360ci Durango from the first week I owned it till I traded it for this black bullet.

I loved the sound of it, nice an growly, and fairly quiet inside when the windows were up. Not real loud, just a nice V-8 sound.

-Frank

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I can build the same setup I did for these guys and use flowmasters instead, however flowmasters are known for the dreaded LS1 rasp on our cars and WILL have more interior drone as they are a chambered muffler and have no packing for rasp or noise cancellation. Youre welcome to pick any muffler you want, and we can even get the Flowtech Warlock mufflers that have the built in cutouts like the Z06 mufflers, but we havent tried them so I cant vouch for sound! So far Magnaflow has given the sound I want on just about every car we do, as well as the most flow and best power, which is why we have stuck with them... I can also get Flowmaster, Dynomax Ultraflow, IMCO, Warlock, Edelbrock, Borla, GHL etc.

Guest XLR8TNC5
I can build the same setup I did for these guys and use flowmasters instead, however flowmasters are known for the dreaded LS1 rasp on our cars and WILL have more interior drone as they are a chambered muffler and have no packing for rasp or noise cancellation. Youre welcome to pick any muffler you want, and we can even get the Flowtech Warlock mufflers that have the built in cutouts like the Z06 mufflers, but we havent tried them so I cant vouch for sound! So far Magnaflow has given the sound I want on just about every car we do, as well as the most flow and best power, which is why we have stuck with them... I can also get Flowmaster, Dynomax Ultraflow, IMCO, Warlock, Edelbrock, Borla, GHL etc.

Your forgot the BEST exhaust systems ever.................. B & B

Sheesh! You got something against those too? :huh lol...J/K Mike! Do not get B &B's if you hate drone. I got drone and my ears feel like they are bleeding at times. lol. But they scare the chit out of people when I get on it! HEHEHE :devil

AZ Power, sent you a pm.

Guest UVETTYA

Sheesh! You got something against those too? :huh lol...J/K Mike! Do not get B &B's if you hate drone. I got drone and my ears feel like they are bleeding at times. lol. But they scare the chit out of people when I get on it! HEHEHE :devil

Do you have a partition? I do and it makes a world of difference! :yesnod

Do you have a partition? I do and it makes a world of difference! :yesnod

How would one put a partition in her coupe???? :huh:lol

Guest UVETTYA

Uh, prolly the same way I put one in mine?

errr... I'll bet you're going to tell me they don't make one for a coupe. :huh

You been snorting too much burning rubber??? :huh:lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

STEVE!!!!!! lol. The answer would be NO, they don't make one for the coupe! lol.....

Wow, I think all those high rpm starts at the tree are smooshing your brian to the back of your skull and not allowing for the proper amounts of oxygen to reach your "thinking center." lol.

Just playin with ya. No, they do not make a partition for the coupe.

I almost did go with the Flowmasters though on my ride. I heard them on a car at a meet in Laughlin years back for the Black Sheep gathering and it sounded really nice. But I did a lot of research and decided on the B &B's due to the fact that they outflowed the ENTIRE competition by at least 11%. Not to mention, the sound is just insane. But I was going for the MOST HP gains available not a better sound.

Hope that helps. Take care.

Guest UVETTYA

You been snorting too much burning rubber??? :huh:lol

I knew it! :toetap

Hey, live and learn. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
STEVE!!!!!! lol. The answer would be NO, they don't make one for the coupe! lol.....

Wow, I think all those high rpm starts at the tree are smooshing your brian to the back of your skull and not allowing for the proper amounts of oxygen to reach your "thinking center." lol.

You're tool late. Eddie already tole me. :P

You're tool late. Eddie already tole me. :P

Yeah, but at your age it never hurts to remind you :lol:lol

Guest AZ Power & Sound

B&B wont sell me mufflers :) I can however build their identicle system using magnaflow or dynomax bullets to achieve the same sound and performance :)