18 and 19 inch tires

Guest azturboII

Guest azturboII

hey guys, these tires are taking up space in my backyard and im getting shipped to bootcamp in the end of feb or early march. im willing to part with a very low price.

currently i have:

2) goodyear eagle F1's 275-40-18 (usually for rears) ($220 for both) SOLD!!!

staggered setup: michelin pilot sports 2) 255-45-18 and fronts are 245-45-18 ($350for whole set)

2) nitto nt555 265-35-18 (usually for rears) ($220)

for a wide setup:

2) Eagle F1 285-35-19 (fronts) 2) pirelli pzero 295-30-19 ($500 for the set)

michelin pilot sports 2) 285-35-18 and fronts are 255-245-18 ($450 for the set)

please pm me with questions.

I am interested in the Pirelli pzeros 19's. What condition are they in: New or Used? If used what is the measurement in the tread.

Thanks,

Phil... :devil

Guest azturboII

im going in as a corpman in the navy. i hope to serve as long as i need to get my bachelors in some sort of medical science. then i was thinking of going into some sort of police force. not your typical porker though, i wanted to join like swat or something like that.

(to answer the pirelli question)

i have 2 different tires. one is a pirelli pzero and the other is a michelin pilot sport. however, both are between 85 and 90 percent tread left. they are the same exact size 295-30-19. these were used in the rear, i think i sold the other matching pirelli a while ago, and came across the michelin to replace it. if you want a matching set of 19's i reccomend the eagle F1's they definitely have 90+ tread life lieft and they are matching, the size is 285-35-19

what branches did you guys serve?

im going in as a corpman in the navy. i hope to serve as long as i need to get my bachelors in some sort of medical science. then i was thinking of going into some sort of police force. not your typical porker though, i wanted to join like swat or something like that.

Just an FYI, you can't go straight into "Swat" or "Narcs" with any PD. I retired from Phx PD and you'll have to do your time as a "PORKER" if you want to do any of the TV jobs. I did 8 yrs in uniform before I got out and did the Detective gig for my last 15 yrs. All of the glamourous jobs aren't what TV makes them out to be. Hours and Hours of sheer boredom puncuated by mins of the largest adrenalin rush you'll ever have.

how many years do you have to wear the uniform before you can do the cool stuff?

(tires still available ya'll)

Three to five is absolute minimum with Phx PD. You'd maybe see a "cool" assignment with a smaller department alot sooner but then there would be near as much stuff and there are alot fewer "cool" jobs on a smaller department.

ex-USAF, Electronic Warfare Tech.

13 anna half years on the line, '72 -'86

Worked A-7D, F-105G, every F-4 type in the USAF inventory and a few that weren't, B-52G and H models, even spent time fixin Firebee drones.

A lot of memorable places and people .. and airplanes.

It was my honor to serve at Udorn-Thani RTAFB during the fall of Saigon, 1975, among other places and times.

-Frank

Corpman huh... Dont plan on getting much educational time if you get attached to a Marine unit or a deployable Navy unit. Spent my 4 in the Corps. Best 4 years of my life... Where ever we went, the Corpman went with us.

The good news is that education is FREE (including books) and if you play it right, you can still apply for grants from AZ since as an enlisted man you will only be making about 13k a year (pretax).

Try and take CLEP tests. They are free also and can accellerate your educational goals.

In case you are wondering how I know all of this.. I was the educational officer (NCO) for the 1st FSSG, 1MARDIV.

Semper Fi and Thanks for Serving.

ex-USAF, Electronic Warfare Tech.

13 anna half years on the line, '72 -'86

Worked A-7D, F-105G, every F-4 type in the USAF inventory and a few that weren't, B-52G and H models, even spent time fixin Firebee drones.

A lot of memorable places and people .. and airplanes.

It was my honor to serve at Udorn-Thani RTAFB during the fall of Saigon, 1975, among other places and times.

-Frank

Gray - My dad was at Udorn, 1966 - 1968, was a 902 (medic). Did 28 years total, retired as a SMSGT.

Good luck Turbo, thanks for volunteering to serve, take care of those hard chargin' devil dogs.....

Hiya Bob :)

So yer dad was the guy who gave out the gamma globulin shots?

-grin- .. a boomin bidness there!

AZTurbo: Basic is a test. Don't take much of what they do or say seriously ..life in the Service is nothing like basic.

They wanna see if recruits can 'take it' .. can't have people who fold up under a lil pressure (ie: a Drill Sgt in yer face) runnin some of them high dollar toys they let ya play with sooner or later :)

Just do the best you can, *know* your right from your left ..and work that heel beat! -grin-

Here's a lil somethin to lighten up the moment:

(sung while marchin)

'I knew a girl from Klamath Falls!

'She had tits like Basket Balls!'

Yes.. I was asked by the D.I. if I knew any marching songs .. so I belted that out .. whole flight laughed .. my Uncle taught me that.

He served at Guadalcanal, first wave ashore, 1st Marine Division.. Semper Fi ..

..another Uncle was 8th AF, B-17 pilot, txferred to MAC after the war, died in the Berlin Airlift.

...Dad was Fwd Radio Observer, Artillery, Patton's 3rd Army ..D-day to VE day, then txferred to USAF.. he taught me to shoot. 1 bullet, 1 kill.

..my brother was in Crypto, just up the road from us at Udorn, at Nakom-Phenom ..aka NKP.. right on the Mekong.

-Frank (yanno .. it was *nice* listenin to the radio at work about Desert Storm .. and *not* havin to go there. . years later. It's a young man's place for sure)

Hiya Bob :)

So yer dad was the guy who gave out the gamma globulin shots?

-grin- .. a boomin bidness there!

To the top for ya AZTurbo....

Gray - funny you should mention that. My father did indeed give several shots "off the record" to some married pilots. He got anice Seiko watch that he wore until 1981, then he gave it to me and I wore it until 1992 until it finally gave out. He also got a nice flight jacket which my brother now has, and a pilots survival knife which is in my garage. You and my Dad could probably swap a few stories over a beer..... :drinkers

And now back to the original FS thread. :toetap

Still got the tires and rims or have they sold?

Guest azturboII

i dont have photos, but ive sold a pair already, the 275-40-18 ealge F1's are sold to another vette owner who didnt know about us. i told him to register and i think he might have already done so. so he got some tires and was "recruited" by yours truely. hes got a silver c6, clean ride.