11's or Bust.... Results

Guest UVETTYA

:cheers WTG, Steve! I knew you could do it! :burnout

But did you fall asleep at the tree??? :eek

:jive: J/K and LMAO

Edit: What's that corrected with the DA today?

post-269-1170020842.jpg

Yes, that's me in the left lane. :thumbs

So I see this was at 11.04 A.M. I think, and you were not burning up the tree, So just how many fouls did you have. :devil Sorry just had to ask. :D :thumbs

So does it feel stiffer now?

Eddie made me change this.

Nice one Steve, I noticed the other lane beat you to the 60'

Where you teasing him????? :smilelol

See I told you to remember the "Little Engine that Could".... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...... :cool

Nice goin :)

I can't wait to dive in on a day off an see if I can still do the deed :)

-Frank

Guest UVETTYA

Hey thanks everyone! You guys make a great cheering section. :thumbs

But geeze, you're a tough crowd at the same time! I finally make it into the 11's and everyone busts me for a .333 light? :lol:lol Reminds me of playing golf with my buddy Gary. Every time he gets a really good shot, I say... "wow, that was a great shot Gary! Now STFU and get in the cart." :lol:lol

BTW the tree doesn't count towards your E.T. Your time starts when your front wheel rolls past and breaks the plane of the second staging light. I was trying to get my rpms just right and when I looked up from the tac, the tree had already started down. So I waited for the green.

That was a Rustang GT that beat me out of the hole. That was my first run, I tried a 4K rpm launch and I spun. In fact, I spun every launch, even at 3500 rpm. I don't think track prep was very good. My best 60ft was a 1.87, the rest were all 1.9's. If I can knock 2 tenths off my launch, I'll be in the mid 11's.

Glenn, with a 150 shot, I'd be right there with you and Mike. :thumbs But I'd like to do that on the motor, so I may never get there. :toetap

line strategy can make a difference in 'cuttin the light' too.

Deep stage .. rollin into the staging beams until the back staging light goes out .. then edgin back till it just lights ..means your car will trip the light earlier = you can launch a bit later on the tree.

Shallow stage ..rollin into the beams til you just turn on the far light, means you can launch a bit earlier on the tree

foot onna brake and one onna gas = a bit faster reaction for launching, just dont get excited an punch both pedals down hard ;) .. plus it makes it easy to hold an RPM target if that's a goal.

(personally, I always useda just let the car idle to get max flash from the converter for hardest launch ..but that was with 13"x 31" tall M/T meats out back at 10lbs..

..with the Vette I may have to stand it up on the converter a bit to kill that flash a bit so it will have a better chance to hook .. ya .. I know .. pipe dream with how easy it spins these run flats :)

Pushing a run thru the far lights will give you an accurate mph for your run, if you cut throttle at the 'finish line' and coast thru the far light, yer mph is gonna be down substantially .. I *rarely* ran WOT thru the far lights .. didn't feel the need to post a mph .. I was there to win the bracket race :)

A note on bracket racin in general: You see people out there that hit the brakes at the finish line .. one of the most dangerous things you can do especially on slicks .. I always ran the car right to my shift points in every gear and just put that number on my windshield for my dial in.

I would adjust it down a bit if it got cooler during the day, or upward a bit if it got warmer. I'm talkin 5 hundredths or so max.. cause that's how much it would affect my 440 powered Duster.

Gonna take a day of test an tune runnin to see where the Vette's at, and how much temperature affects E.T.'s

I'm gonna stop now .. this could end up bein a book on bracket racin easily ;)

-Frank (first bracket raced in summer of 1968 at Beeline, last time down LACR was Oct 1991)

Guest UVETTYA

Hey Frank, thanks for the tips. I'm always looking for pointers. :thumbs

I'm 56 but I've only been drag racing the last 5 yrs. I've always WANTED to drag race, but never had a fast car.

(Wife and kids kept me in the sedan) :lol I finallyl reached puberty about the same time my kids did, so I bought a Vette, and I've been learning to drive it ever since. Maybe someday I'll be a driver. Right now I just have more HP than brains. :thumbs:lol:lol

Steve

Guest UVETTYA

As a side note, on a quest for 11's, I've noted that the faster you CAN go, the harder it is to go even faster. It's tough to squeeze out another 1/10th of a second when you've reached the limits of your car in it's current configuration, and/or your ability to drive it.

My Z ran 12.8 bone stock other than a Blackwing intake. I added headers, X-pipe and hi flo cats and it ran 12.5. I put MT ET Street drag radials on 17" wheels and that got me to 12.03. A medium size CAM, a Textralia clutch and a DTE stage 3 diff w/brace got me to 11.90.

All that has cost about 10 grand.

I gained .9 seconds.

That figures out to be about one dollar for every .00009 seconds. :huh

Was it worth it?

You bet your sweet arse it was! (Obviously I have more money than brains too!) :thumbs:lol:lol:lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

RIGHT ON STEVEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs That is sooo totally cool! I am very excited for you!

And you are right, once you are fast, it is harder to get faster. lol. I too have thought about throwing on some nitrous to play with Glenn and Mike, but I think I have your disease, more hp than brains, right now. lol.

I am very happy for you Steve! congrats and keep up the great job you are doing with that beauty you have!

Guest UVETTYA
Congrats Steve! What are you running for back rubber?

295 X 40 X 17 ET Streets. When track prep is good I've launched at 4K rpm with these and bogged.

And thanks Tom and Tanya! :thumbs I think the car has an 11.7 in it, I just need to get a good launch. :toetap

Jeeze...Steve. You and Mark's wife need nitrous like I need another hole in my head. :lol

But before you shop, maybe we should consider a group-purchase? I'm thinking I'll need two systems, one for each car! :devil

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Jeeze...Steve. You and Mark's wife need nitrous like I need another hole in my head. :lol

But before you shop, maybe we should consider a group-purchase? I'm thinking I'll need two systems, one for each car! :devil

Did I hear my name being called? :lol

Pick if you want TNT or NOS kits and I can do a GP :)

Guest Sidewinder

Did I hear my name being called? :lol

Pick if you want TNT or NOS kits and I can do a GP :)

Mike,

Anyone of those kits have a controller?

Congrats Steve, :thumbs

That's got to feel good.

I still hope to do the same thing, in the GP of course but I ain't gonna spray it... After I get it there, I'd consider spraying it just to see what she'd turn thou-

First, like you, 11's with full factory interiour.

And if Mike sprayed your GP into the 13's, that would be really good. that'd be great.. :yesnod

Wait - wait, that's a GTP..?? - 12's :thumbs

You bet your sweet arse it was! (Obviously I have more money than brains too!) :thumbs:lol:lol:lol

You must be broke then :lol jk Steve. Good job. Just get some more seat time, some good track prep, better weather, carry a horse shoe/rabbits foot/4 leaf clover and you should be set for at least an 11.89 lol. But on a serious note I can see mid 11s out of that car. Well done. Whoever did the work on your car musta have done a great job :yesnod

Guest UVETTYA
Congrats Steve, :thumbs

That's got to feel good.

I still hope to do the same thing, in the GP of course but I ain't gonna spray it... After I get it there, I'd consider spraying it just to see what she'd turn thou-

First, like you, 11's with full factory interiour.

And if Mike sprayed your GP into the 13's, that would be really good. that'd be great.. :yesnod

Wait - wait, that's a GTP..?? - 12's :thumbs

Spray my GTP? Dang, that's a GREAT idea Tom! Why didn't I think of that!? It ran a 13.9@99 as it is. DR's and a 100 shot should put it into the 12's. :lol