electrical blues

crzy4vettes

Lets try this again the first one just diapeared.

Here is a new and old probelm everyone might ponder. Here is a 2000 thats front left wheel speed sensor is not working. This is followed by the passenger side A/C not blowing cold now the drivers side. All this is followed by the drivers seat motor keeps runnig after getting caught in the rain. The seat moves forward and back but nothing else works.

I have checked the A/C system and the pressure is good. the grounds have been checked and as many plugs that I can find have been checked. I have pulled the battery and holder and saw nothing but did not disconnect anything. While I am doing this maybe someone has an idea?

No, no, this one is paid off, full of gas even if I wanted an new one.

Can they all be related some how?

I would just start by pulling pieces and parts, looking at wiring, etc. If you have a meter start shooting wires to try and eliminate wiring issues and possibly components as well.

Wish I could be of some actual help. :(

Good luck though.

Lets try this again the first one just diapeared.

Here is a new and old probelm everyone might ponder. Here is a 2000 thats front left wheel speed sensor is not working. This is followed by the passenger side A/C not blowing cold now the drivers side. All this is followed by the drivers seat motor keeps runnig after getting caught in the rain. The seat moves forward and back but nothing else works.

I have checked the A/C system and the pressure is good. the grounds have been checked and as many plugs that I can find have been checked. I have pulled the battery and holder and saw nothing but did not disconnect anything. While I am doing this maybe someone has an idea?

No, no, this one is paid off, full of gas even if I wanted an new one.

can you replicate the symptoms at will?

a 2000 thats front left wheel speed sensor is not working.

Sounds like its just a bad sensor...

All this is followed by the drivers seat motor keeps running after getting caught in the rain. The seat moves forward and back but nothing else works.

Did the control on the side of the seat get wet? pull it apart and check for corrosion...

This is followed by the passenger side A/C not blowing cold now the drivers side.

This one sucks. Ask me how I know... :banghead

Go read through this thread.....

CorvetteForum: Reindexing the HVAC actuators....

• 1 month later...
crzy4vettes

Well I have finally have almost everything fixed. The A/C problem did turn out to be low on freon. The speed sensor was two broken wires which were broke just as they came out of the bearing. I called and talked to the service manager and C.Chevrolet covered the front bearing on warranty. Now I will be fixing the drivers seat since it moves a little back and forth. The last thing is the lumbar, side and seat adjustment. It seams as if there is a small air pump or something under the seat that adjust these items. Wish me luck.

If you research the seat problem on Corvette Forum there are some pretty comprehensive posts outlining the fixes for the C5 seats.

If you research the seat problem on Corvette Forum there are some pretty comprehensive posts outlining the fixes for the C5 seats.

Nort also did some seat work on his former C5 and posted on here as well.

Well I have finally have almost everything fixed. The A/C problem did turn out to be low on freon. The speed sensor was two broken wires which were broke just as they came out of the bearing. I called and talked to the service manager and C.Chevrolet covered the front bearing on warranty. Now I will be fixing the drivers seat since it moves a little back and forth. The last thing is the lumbar, side and seat adjustment. It seams as if there is a small air pump or something under the seat that adjust these items. Wish me luck.

Here is the link to my fix. I have fixed two seats this way and it works great. Here is the link to how to do this. Have fun.

Link on how to fix your seat problem on a C5

crzy4vettes

OK, I am going in to fix this. While I am working on this, has anyone had the inflation portions of thier seats quit working?

OK, I am going in to fix this. While I am working on this, has anyone had the inflation portions of thier seats quit working?

Yea and it was the switch, I just replaced it and it worked fine after that. :D

If you can hear it running then it's probably the bladder but if it doesn't appear to run then I'd go with Mike's switch idea.

I had to manually inflate the autopilot once on a commercial airline. It was grisly and I'd rather not talk about it anymore. :bang

I had to manually inflate the autopilot once on a commercial airline. It was grisly and I'd rather not talk about it anymore. :bang

Didn't Julie Hagerty have to do that in the movie "Airplane"? Great scene! :thumbs:thumbs