Speedworld 1/28/07 ??

ZWOW6

I'm thinking on going out to try my had at bettering my first trips et of 12.7. this was along time ago, and I miss going.

anyone else going Sunday am ?

I'd love to see some other vettes out there.

Tim

Good luck hope you make it. I would love to be there but I am on call. :D

:withstupid I'm out. :toetap

Go get 'em you two, you'll be representin' A.C.E. and I better see an 11 on somebody's timeslip.....Steve. :devil

Guest UVETTYA

Good luck hope you make it. I would love to be there but I am on call. :D

:withstupid I'm out. :toetap

Go get 'em you two, you'll be representin' A.C.E. and I better see an 11 on somebody's timeslip.....Steve. :devil

Awww, too bad you can't make it Dean. Next time, ok?

After all the whining I've done, I think I'd prolly get my butt kicked if I didn't post a copy of an 11 sec time slip. :lol

workin this weekend :(

Mayhap in Feb I can make it out .. lookin forward to seein just how well I can manage the Vette :)

-Frank

Guest UVETTYA

11's or bust! :thumbs

Hopefully that's a prediction and not a premonition :o

Me 2!! I'm not worried about the clutch, and the diff is supposed to handle up to 600 hp so I'm thinking I should be ok.

Knock - knock...

Well I didn't make it out....... I'm frustrated as hell, I installed a cold air kit , and the did the idle re-learn on the car and drove for 35 miles in about a hour. But the car is pinging ! in 2nd and 3rd....

I used a GMS maf designed for a cold air kit, because the last time I had the Halltech on I was getting lean codes with the stock maf.

Any ideas ?? Not sure what to do.... I did for time sake only installed the top 1/2 of the trap, (cobra to maf to filter).... Maybe I'm getting turbulant air flow installed this way ? Since the filter is right on the maf itself.

thanks....wish I could have made it Tim

:D Oh the irony. Steve sweats that 'vette for months, and the day he probably hits 11's there's nobody there to see it! :lol

:D Oh the irony. Steve sweats that 'vette for months, and the day he probably hits 11's there's nobody there to see it! :lol

:agree

Guest UVETTYA

Hey thanks guys. A friend from work who adores my Vette showed up, so I have a witness to the time slip. :lol

And no problem Tom. I had similar problems with my Blackwing when I installed it. I had an air leak after the MAF and that will cause pinging and stalling. Make sure all your connections are good and tight.

Steve

I had similar problems with my Blackwing when I installed it. I had an air leak after the MAF and that will cause pinging and stalling. Make sure all your connections are good and tight.

:agree

Anyone know where I can get some couplings , for the cold air intake..... There is one I think could be a problem,and doesn't fit the maf to well, but I know this time when I installed the intake I didn't use this coupling. My car has never liked this Halltech for some reason, I went back to stock for now..... :(

Tim

I use the smooth couplers that Mid America and Ecklers sell. No problems, just keept the clamps tight. I also run a Halltech. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
I use the smooth couplers that Mid America and Ecklers sell. No problems, just keept the clamps tight. I also run a Halltech. :thumbs

I have a smooth coupler too, but it's sitting on the shelf. I tried to mount it to the stock air bridge and tightened the clamp too tight and it collapsed the air bridge and my problem got worse. A new stock air bridge costs $80!! Which is cheaper than a $300 after market air bridge. So my pretty orange coupler sits on the shelf until I can justify $300 for a new air bridge to mount it to.

....I've got a stock air bridge sittin' around if you need it. No couplers though.

Especially no "pretty orange" ones. WTF? :huh

Do you guys think I should try the stock maf and the Halltech again ? I have the Halltech and haven't been able to use it, what a waste !

I had a GMS maf for my LS1 Firehawk and traded it for the GMS maf for the Z06, the GMS is supposted to be tuned for a cold air system, but I still got the CK engine code. Maybe I need to drive the car alittle easier until the car learns the maf etc. What do you guys think ? I put it on and drove over 30 miles at different speeds and rpms while doing the idle re-learn. I can tell the car seems quicker with the Halltech. I want to use it ! Not sure how to get the car to like it. Jim ,the guy who owns Halltech says to get a newer maf from a 05-06 vette, and the problem will go away. I know most don't like using a aftermarket maf like the GMS, but since I didn't have to re-buy it, i haven't really lost anything trying it. I'm not sure if I should try the GMS again or run the stock maf....... one of them has to work with the Halltech !

Which Halltech system are you using p51tj ? Mines a trap system.

thanks for any advice guys/gals

Tim

Do you guys think I should try the stock maf and the Halltech again ? I have the Halltech and haven't been able to use it, what a waste !

I had a GMS maf for my LS1 Firehawk and traded it for the GMS maf for the Z06, the GMS is supposted to be tuned for a cold air system, but I still got the CK engine code. Maybe I need to drive the car alittle easier until the car learns the maf etc. What do you guys think ? I put it on and drove over 30 miles at different speeds and rpms while doing the idle re-learn. I can tell the car seems quicker with the Halltech. I want to use it ! Not sure how to get the car to like it. Jim ,the guy who owns Halltech says to get a newer maf from a 05-06 vette, and the problem will go away. I know most don't like using a aftermarket maf like the GMS, but since I didn't have to re-buy it, i haven't really lost anything trying it. I'm not sure if I should try the GMS again or run the stock maf....... one of them has to work with the Halltech !

Which Halltech system are you using p51tj ? Mines a trap system.

thanks for any advice guys/gals

Tim

I've got the Stinger. Try it again and make sure all is nice n tight. Can't hurt.

From what I've learned here recently, stock MAF's are best unless you get a complete dyno tune. All an after market does is lean the engine out. But a lot of the little bolt on mods do. Even with just the cold air intake you might need a quick adjustment tune as well.

Talk to Mike at AZP&S. He knows quite a bit more than we do. :thumbs