Recent purchase

84vette

After 10+ years without a Corvette, I am finally getting back into one. I purchased this one and am currently waiting on delivery. 

2012 Callaway Grand Sport 

Resized_20231113_144049_7527391316293.jpg

Resized_20231113_144014_7527749953116.jpg

Desertdawg

Damn Brian. You’re supposed to take a few small steps up the ladder. Like 84 - 89 - 93 - 05.  
Not just jump them all from the 84 to a 12. :lol 

sweet ride dood. :banannasword:

That is one hellva ride.  When I was a dealer, that was a $25,000 option!  Don't know what it is on a new one now.

Grape Ape

Great to see ya back again Brian. Congrats on the new to you ride also. Looks very nice. Widebody C6 is the way to go.

I wish it wasn't a 2-4 week delivery time frame. I could have really put it to the test today on my work commute to Flag. :lol

Desertdawg
12 hours ago, 84vette said:

I wish it wasn't a 2-4 week delivery time frame.

That’s not bad, I ordered our new 5th wheel on Jan. 3rd, it should be here before the end of March. 

10 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

That’s not bad, I ordered our new 5th wheel on Jan. 3rd, it should be here before the end of March. 

Yeah that is quite the wait. What kind of 5th wheel are you getting?

I've been working towards getting a Corvette again for the last 5 years. So a few more weeks really is nothing. 

(When I think back on how I was homeless for 15 months, February of 2020 to June of 2021 just so I could move back to AZ and eventually buy another Corvette... I realize that isn't normal. There really is something wrong with me. 🤣)

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I wasn't planning on getting a Callaway. My biggest concern is reliability. I am not sure how much effect the supercharger has on reliability.

Desertdawg

We thought you bought the callaway for racing. As a daily driver you can expect to be doing head gaskets at least every 5000 miles. The rest of the problems can be fixed when  pull the motor out for the yearly cycle. 

J/K ::jester

I ordered a Jayco Pinnacle 36 footer.
It only took 40 years to get here. :ack:

9 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

We thought you bought the callaway for racing. As a daily driver you can expect to be doing head gaskets at least every 5000 miles. The rest of the problems can be fixed when  pull the motor out for the yearly cycle. 

J/K ::jester

I knew it, I knew I bought another 84. 😜

I'm getting the garage ready for the Vette and no longer have room for my Honda GoldWing.

Do I keep it and store it outside now?

Or do I post it on Craigslist and try to sell it?

20231119_173104.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Desertdawg

Damn, ain’t that a purity ride?   Looking good :thumbs  

BTW, noticed your other videos. I remember that day.

I've been down in Phoenix for training the last two weeks and someone mentioned Speedworld has closed and reopened a couple times. 

Is it currently in business?