West side old school mechanic/transmission

robertk

20230430_115352.thumb.jpg.8c0ad9d088bf70fc4ea96038eea02f28.jpgHello all, I am new to this group, I've owned many corvettes and my wife and I currently own a mint low mile restored white on black 1980 and a 2010 Jetstream blue Grand Sport.

I am in the northwest valley (Bell and 303 area) I am trying to find an old school mechanic for the 1980, I am in the automotive collision industry my whole life and do all my own work from body/paint, suspension, exhaust, interior etc but would like to find a local mechanic that works on older stuff.

I want to add a 200R4 to my 1980, I used to install these back in the 90s when I could find them and transmission shops to install them.

I can find a completely rebuilt 200R4 but need to find a mechanic or trans shop that would do the install, pretty straight forward install with no mods needed for the 200R4 over the TH350... any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. 

old yeller

Both Vettes look GREAT.

Not Westside but Scottsdale area, numerous members have had good luck with Vintage Iron (480) 922-2480.

8 minutes ago, old yeller said:

Both Vettes look GREAT.

Not Westside but Scottsdale area, numerous members have had good luck with Vintage Iron (480) 922-2480.

Thank you... I don't mind a little distance to go for this project, don't want to order the 200R4 till I find someone, thanks again. 

Extender32

Vintage Iron is Scottsdale for sure. They've done quite a bit of work on my wife's 78.

• 2 weeks later...

Vintage Iron gets my vote, also.  They are straight shooters and very good at what they do.

X3 vote for Vintage Iron. Both the 200R4 and 700R4 will work for your 80.