Topless Cruise / BBQ at Chino Valley

BSeery

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey Kameron, everyone.....

I have been talking to a friend of mine, Doug, with an 03 (now VERY modified) EVO VIII and I invited him to join us for the Chino Valley run and BBQ. Those of you that went on the Poker run in October met he and hiw wife Jamie when they hung out and LED a lot of the poker run with us.

Jamie cannot make it, but I wanted to make sure it was cool with everyone if he joins us. He should not have any problems hanging with us. ;)

He asked if he could invite some more EVO pals. I told him I would get back to him on that. But he is definitely in for sure with just himself and his ride.

I am joining him and the Arizona Riders Club on July 10th for a ride to Arivaca and they have invited all of us to join them if we would like to. (I will post another thread about this in a few minutes.)

Anyway, I wanted to run it by you all to make sure it was okay. He plans to meet at my place and then ride up to I-17/Carefree Hwy Starbucks in the morning, although he lives around Priest and I-10.

Thanks,

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• Kameron

• Togo

• ICULUKN

Top Posters In This Topic

By the results of last night's racing, I think we need a group purchase of drag radials and ZO6 chips.

......I wanted to make sure it was cool with everyone if he joins us. He should not have any problems hanging with us. ;)

He asked if he could invite some more EVO pals. I told him I would get back to him on that. But he is definitely in for sure with just himself and his ride.

Thanks,

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey, have we got a return route planned out yet? How about back through Prescott and Jerome? I know there are some really grat twisties on that route, nto to mention some cool scenery. Just a thought.

We will figure out the return route and stops while we are up there.

How many extra peoples are we talking? So far the count is just over 50 people. I should have plenty, I have 80 burgers and I think 40 dogs. I would recommmend they bring chairs for themselves and maybe something to drink to share.....

:howdy:

Looking forward to a nice outing with friends. But I decided to go to Kam's instead :D

:cheers:

KnK

Some funny chiznit going on here :smilelol:

I now know I cannot attend the trip...so sorry! Just realized it's the same date we have tickets to Phantom of the Opera, and I've waited along time to peep that. Everyone have fun...and I may just do a little cruise on the way up in the morning just make sure I know who got ZO6 chips, and who don't!! :cone:

I'm with you on the morning cruise (maybe as far as Cordes Junction). I've got an afternoon with the folks from work but not until 2pm. See ya all at Starbucks!

There was a Z06 chip vendor at the HRPT but I didn't get mine :lol:

Guest XLR8TNC5

Kameron,

Looks like Doug couldn't round up the EVO guys in time, so it will just be himself making the trek with the rest of us.

Everyone,

He said he plans to meet us at the Starbucks on Carefree Hwy and I-17 at the designated time (900am.) So, no picking on the guy with the Blue EVO until I get there. lol. He is coming from Signal Butte! I didn't know he lived that far out! lol. I was a little off with the priest I-10 thing. lol.

Tanya

He said he plans to meet us at the Starbucks on Carefree Hwy and I-17 at the designated time (900am.)

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yes, I know we would be getting to the Starbucks early and have to wait for the EAST SIIIIDE! That is my plan because I will need a great, big, oozing, glass of, Venti Iced Caramel Machiatto Soy, extra Caramel, layered not melted drinky poo.

Thanks Chris.

Blacksedan87

Maybe we should consider some alternate routes....... :mad

Freeway and Ramp Closures

Weekend of June 17 - June 20

1 Interstate 17 will be closed in both directions between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue for pedestrian bridge installation. 9 pm Friday - 5 am Monday

2 Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Northern Avenue and Thomas Road for rubberized asphalt paving.

Southbound Loop 101 also narrowed to one lane between Thunderbird Road and Northern Avenue.

9 pm Friday - 5 am Monday

9 pm Friday - 9 pm Saturday

3 Westbound Loop 101 (north Phoenix) closed between 27th and 51st avenues for freeway maintenance. Ramps from north and southbound I-17 to westbound Loop 101 also closed. 4 am Saturday - 5 am Monday

4 Westbound I-10 closed between 7th Street and 7th Avenue for Deck Park Tunnel maintenance.

11 pm Saturday - 9 am Sunday

Looks like the east side will have to take the 101 (Pima) around to the 17 or take 51. I haven't been up the 51 in a long time.....

I don't know the west side very well, but the only suggestion I can give is take surface streets until you are north of Bethany Home and then get on the 17 north. Or take 67 Ave all the way to Happy Valley and then take that east to 17 North. I looked at the map and the 101 on the west side is pretty much closed everywhere, so stay off that.

I'm a little late on letting you know that I will be able to attend the BBQ. Sounds like a good run. I will be meeting the group behind Chili's at 9 a.m.. I will bring an extra folding chair and have room for a co-pilot. This is mike with the electron blue - 2003. :howdy:

Blacksedan87
Looks like the east side will have to take the 101 (Pima) around to the 17 or take 51. I haven't been up the 51 in a long time.....

I don't know the west side very well, but the only suggestion I can give is take surface streets until you are north of Bethany Home and then get on the 17 north. Or take 67 Ave all the way to Happy Valley and then take that east to 17 North. I looked at the map and the 101 on the west side is pretty much closed everywhere, so stay off that.

I would take the 101 around to Cave Creek Rd and then north to the Carefree Hw. The w/b to n/b ramp onto I-17 from the 101 backs up especially on the weekend mornings. You can come w/b on Carefree Hw to I-17 and meet the westsiders. The 51 is never too bad on the weekend and you can take it all the way to the 101 if you want.

I'll bring this map and the one of the area in Peoria. I can make multiple copies while I'm at work today. Or is this a waste of time........ :cfdeadagain

3,503 lbs of trouble

So Mercedes ends up not scheduling me to drive for them today. Still don't think I'm going to make it though. Hate to say it, but the last thing I want to do on my day off from my job of driving half way across the state every night is drive half way across the state in the other direction.

I'll have room Dano (or any hot chicks)...and a better brake situation this time.