Shining a black car 101

Grayeagle

Yanno .. I thought ownin a black car in Arizona would be a challenge.

Kind of a way to get a bit of exercise at least once a week, get outta the house an learn the curves of that beautiful car and get to know the car a bit. Close inspection, as it were.

So I have been experimenting with a coupla products to see what actually works best.

Hose off, lil dish soap an water in a bucket, soft rag wash off, then bath towel/chamois useda be my staple ..with turtle wax every blue moon, and silly me, I thought that was great!

The black corvette has shown me the error of my ways :)

First up.. I tried Astroshield in place of the turtle wax. Nice an shiny .. man .. I could see every single scratch and swirly in it ..all over .. end to end. Someone had buffed it with a dusty pad. And ..astroshield leaves dusty residue, like my old turtle wax. And of course I got it into most of the seams, gonna be awhile before its all out!

More research, found Adams Polish products. Swirl and Haze remover. It fills the scratches as you polish, uses some kinda micro beads .. *wow* .. it *works* !! Washed up some old t-shirts, used them as pads, works ok. Adams sold me on no dust residue, hot or cold, sunny or not application.

Paint restorer, and buttery wax .. yassir .. that black beauty is lookin *shiny* as heck now!

Elbow grease required, but .. you really don't have to hulk out on it.. and a little goes a *long* way.

Phil says microfiber pads and detail spray is the way to go ..stopped by Autozone, picked up a few microfiber towels and a coupla microfiber pads.

Now if I could just repaint the whole car .. so I had a smooth, black surface to begin with :)

(it's got some ugly areas for sure :)

Compared to the day I took it home tho .. *wow*

-reaches for sunglasses-

-Frank

Next detailing investment will no doubt be a Porter Cable Random Orbital buffer. I don't think you'll hear anyone on this forum that doesn't love theirs.

Don't settle for less! You'll be disappointed if you do.

*wow* .. that's a heck of a shine Speedratchet .. off to Zaino's web site for a bit to look at what they have :)

-zooms off-

-returns-

What products do you need to do a shine like that? (kinda read thru their product line .. lotta different stuff listed there)

Guessin swirly removers, and Z2 Pro?

-Frank

*wow* .. that's a heck of a shine Speedratchet .. off to Zaino's web site for a bit to look at what they have :)

-zooms off-

-returns-

What products do you need to do a shine like that? (kinda read thru their product line .. lotta different stuff listed there)

Guessin swirly removers, and Z2 Pro?

-Frank

I did the Z5 first then followed up with Z2. The Z-PC works great also if you have some minor scratches to get out.

Guest UVETTYA

Zaino is good stuff, I've used it and you can't go wrong with it, but I'm an Adams fan now. I use all their products and get really great results. I have a new set of their latest and greatest pads that I'm going to give a workout the next time I wax.

Guest Sidewinder

Here is after #80 and #83 Meguires buffing and polishing compounds applied with a Porter Cable. I then applied NXT. The NXT looks great but I am going to switch back to Zaino I think.

post-113-1169502013.jpg

post-113-1169502030_thumb.jpg