Prayers For Mrs. Grape

Grape Ape

I'm going to paste this from another site I posted on so I won't have to type this over again.

Well, not so good news today. Wife will be on those cancer meds for the remainder of her life. These meds are designed to contain the cancer and stop or slow its growth and it will never go away. Surgery is a non-option also. Hopefully the side affects won't be to awful and we'll be able to travel some and get to visit with family and friends around the country sometime. We didn't ask how long she has because we really don't want to know. We will live each day as a positive that we have 1 more day together. And like I told her earlier, when we do pass, it's never goodbye, but see you later. Thank you all very much for all the well wishes and prayers. Really appreciate them very much. I'm still kinda numb from this news but we will work through it and enjoy what time we have left with each other. God Bless you all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grape Ape said:

I'm going to paste this from another site I posted on so I won't have to type this over again.

Well, not so good news today. Wife will be on those cancer meds for the remainder of her life. These meds are designed to contain the cancer and stop or slow its growth and it will never go away. Surgery is a non-option also. Hopefully the side affects won't be to awful and we'll be able to travel some and get to visit with family and friends around the country sometime. We didn't ask how long she has because we really don't want to know. We will live each day as a positive that we have 1 more day together. And like I told her earlier, when we do pass, it's never goodbye, but see you later. Thank you all very much for all the well wishes and prayers. Really appreciate them very much. I'm still kinda numb from this news but we will work through it and enjoy what time we have left with each other. God Bless you all.

Aw Mark, give her my love. 
I know a few people who have lived many many years on cancer meds and still around in their old age now. Heart breaking for sure what you’re going through, but have faith.💗

• Like 1

Desertdawg

Having a great attitude from here forward is better than hoping to find an answer to an impossible problem. 

You sound like you’re heading in the right direction together. 

Stay strong and remember to enjoy the little things. 

• Like 1

Extender32

Mark,

I have no words to express how bad I feel for you and Darci. Having gone through what the both of you are about to experience is heartbreaking, to say the least. Damn! Just Damn! 

• Like 1

Mark, be thankful for all you've enjoyed and keep the faith.  You have the right attitude.  Our thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family.

• Like 1

Mark, thank you for letting us know. 

I haz a sad. :(  Definitely not what any of us were hoping for.

It is good to hear you are taking a positive mind-set, concentrating on still living and being together and making the most of your time. 

Much love and hugs to you both. 

• Like 1

All the best to you both...stay strong and be positive...Praying for the best!

• Like 1

Little update on things going on. She's been on her chemo pills since Wednesday and so far the only side effect we've noticed is she's a little more tired than before. Nothing serious yet but they say it could take a couple weeks. Pray she doesn't get anymore of them. We also received a callback from the Buffett Cancer center in Omaha and they want to see her and most likely treat her too. We have an appointment with them for June 14th. So far things are going as planned and we're really happy the Buffett center called and want to see her.

Extender32

It sounds like things are starting to come together for you. Hopefully, everything continues in a positive upward trend.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is getting at least an evaluation at Buffet. They are highly rated and may be able to offer different/better options for treatment.  Much love, hugs and prayers to you both. :grphug:

• 1 month later...

Nothing really new to report lately. They took her off the chemo pills as she was having some reaction to them. She also wasn't happy with the doctor and/or his office personnel, so we have an appointment at the Buffett Cancer Center in Omaha on the 2nd. Hope she gets better care there and the doctors actually make you feel like they care. That's about it for now. I just got a root canal this morning, tooth got cracked and let in some bacteria and got infected. Boy, that procedure isn't cheap!!!! Crown goes on Thursday hopefully without any issues. Hope you all haven't melted down there yet. Been thinking about y'all lately. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 7:39 AM, Grape Ape said:

Nothing really new to report lately. They took her off the chemo pills as she was having some reaction to them. She also wasn't happy with the doctor and/or his office personnel, so we have an appointment at the Buffett Cancer Center in Omaha on the 2nd. Hope she gets better care there and the doctors actually make you feel like they care. That's about it for now. I just got a root canal this morning, tooth got cracked and let in some bacteria and got infected. Boy, that procedure isn't cheap!!!! Crown goes on Thursday hopefully without any issues. Hope you all haven't melted down there yet. Been thinking about y'all lately. Take care.

Hey Mark, thanks for the update.  Hope the new cancer center in Omaha has some better solutions for her.  Please give her a hug from me.

Sorry to hear about your tooth, been there, that sucks!

I think we're all getting to that age where we start falling apart.

Getting old sucks. Ugh.   :ack:

Thanks, Donna. Day at a time for now. Waiting on the new cancer meds to show up. Dealing with insurance company now again too.  Tooth is great now. No more nerve so no more pain with it. Best of luck to you as well. Getting older does suck major but we can't stop it. Take care, everyone.....

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been on the new meds for a couple weeks now. No real issues like the other ones had. So far, so good. Have an appointment Monday for EKG and blood tests. Hopefully that will go as planned. 

3 hours ago, Grape Ape said:

Been on the new meds for a couple weeks now. No real issues like the other ones had. So far, so good. Have an appointment Monday for EKG and blood tests. Hopefully that will go as planned. 

That is good news Mark. How are her spirits through all of this? She’s always so happy, I hope she’s feeling positive. 

• Like 2

Nice to hear this positive news, keep strong and keep positive! Mo asked about Marcy's spirits and all, but I've got to ask how are you holding up??? Hang in there Brother, prayers to you both!

• Like 1

Sounds like good news Mark. We wish you and Marcy all the best.

Thoughts and prayers are sent your way brother, keep looking up.

• Like 1

Thanks, y'all. Her spirits are not always in a good place, but that's kinda normal I'd assume when someone finds out these things. He sister is a big help whenever she comes to visit. They spend a couple days together and watch movies. She's a big help and I don't mind her staying. Gives me a chance to do what I need to get things done around here. Hope you guys cool down soon too. Been pretty warm down there from what I've been seeing. Take care....😉👍

• 2 weeks later...

I was just up in The Good Life dealing with some health challenges of the Mother Unit.  I was the one who drug all that heat up there, sorry man.  It was cooler in Phoenix than it was in Nebraska

20 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

I was just up in The Good Life dealing with some health challenges of the Mother Unit.  I was the one who drug all that heat up there, sorry man.  It was cooler in Phoenix than it was in Nebraska

. . . too bad it wasn't later in the year, when they could use some of our warmth!

Darci had another appointment today, she is doing better and they said the actual cancer spot is shrinking some. It's smaller then it was when we first found it. So keep the prayers coming and the meds are doing their job. Praise the Lord. Hope you all are okay too. Heard there was a nasty storm down your way last night. My bet is it was from global warming. 😏