Prayers For Mrs. Grape

Grape Ape

Oh no, I just now read this thread. Give Darci a hug from me. My thoughts and love are with you and family. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Mo. I will let her know. We just got word today that we have a doctor that is willing to do the biopsy. He is on vacation this next week so it's scheduled for the 18th. After that, we will go forward with the treatment. Whatever that will be. So we still wait. 

16 hours ago, Grape Ape said:

Thanks, Mo. I will let her know. We just got word today that we have a doctor that is willing to do the biopsy. He is on vacation this next week so it's scheduled for the 18th. After that, we will go forward with the treatment. Whatever that will be. So we still wait. 

Glad to hear you have forward progress. Hang in there, keep us posted.  Much love coming your way. . . :grphug:

Well, another update. Our insurance company called us yesterday and informed us the hospital we were having the biopsy done isn't in network. So we tried to get the hospital to negotiate a price with the insurance so we could get it done Tuesday. They have been calling back and forth and the hospital actually wanted us to go ahead with the procedure and we'd worry about the insurance after. No thank you. Get it figured out first or we'll go to another place. They finally called back after we said that and refused to negotiate with our insurance. So we had to cancel that appointment and now we wait for another one at a different place. I didn't want to jump into that "do it now and pay later" boat and watch it sink because they knew they weren't going to accept the insurance part of it. I would have gone broke most likely paying for that one. So now we wait again.

That blows.  

I love getting the bill after the fact from your doctor for the difference insurance pays to what they charge. 

Stay strong!!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Mark. They call it healthcare but they don’t care about health only $$$$. 

Before I started chemo the first stop is the finance department to see if you can pay for it…..WTF. 

Sending prayers your way. All the best to you both.🙏👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a date for the biopsy. April 27th at 11 AM. Same doctor luckily but at a hospital that will take the insurance. I have the best insurance I could get so I'm kind of at a loss as to why the original place wouldn't accept it? At least we have it scheduled now and know insurance won't be an issue.

• Upvote 1

That sounds like great news!

Positive vibes still coming your way!!!!

• Like 1

Well, I believe my life would be pretty boring and ho-hum if it weren't for my wife. She makes routine things almost always exciting. The biopsy went fairly well, supposed to be an out patient thing. But the after part has been what has exciting. The hole they made for the biopsy didn't heal itself so her chest cavity was filling with air. They took 2 x-rays and it showed the air pocket was getting larger so that meant it was leaking. So they put a drain tube in and will take another x-ray in the morning to make sure it's healing itself before taking the tube out. If they didn't put the tube in, the lung would collapse and then we'd have more trouble. We won't know anything about the biopsy until Monday they said but we just need to get her healed from this procedure first anyway. I have a car show scheduled for Saturday but if she's not ready for me to leave for a few hours then I'll have to cancel that. That's all the news I have for now. Have a great weekend, y'all. Take care.

Stay strong!!

I hope you can get grape out of the garage and have some fun.

Good news today for a change. The lung quit leaking air into her chest and healed itself over night. Everything went great all day and now we are home relaxing again. Now we wait until maybe Monday or Tuesday for the results of the biopsy. Then we go from there on what needs to be done with that part. See how she's doing in the mooring before I decide if I can attend the car show or not. Her sister is spending the night to help her so maybe she'll watch her while I go have some fun in town for a few hours. Thanks a bunch to you all for the prayers and well wishes. Really appreciate it and know it has helped so far. Y'all have a great weekend, ya hear. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught wind of this, my wife is a 17yr breast cancer survivor, I’ve had 3 knee replacements! (Same knee) Prayers work! Hang in there! It’s a bumpy road, Prayers coming. 🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Like 1

Got a quick update for y'all. Not much but just wanted to let you all know where things are. They sent the biopsy out after the surgery to find out exactly what we're dealing with so we can plan a treatment for her. We have an MRI to take pictures of her brain and ear area scheduled for this afternoon. She had a pituitary gland tumor a couple years ago and they removed that back then. They just want to make sure it's not growing back. She also has a very small spot behind her ear that if it grows, then it could make her deaf and blind in one eye so we need to keep an eye on that too. That's the reasoning behind the MRI and not really so much with the cancer. Then we have an appointment on Thursday the 18th to go over everything. We will also have a treatment plan they'll go over with us then too I hope. I will come back and update y'all again when I find anything out. Hope you all have a great week. Take care and stay Grape. 

Update for today. Got a treatment plan finally today also. MRI of her brain scan came back really positive. She had a pituitary gland tumor a few years ago that they removed and it's still not coming back. The treatment for the cancer is fairly positive too. They are going to try the pill form that he named verzenio along with letrozole. Hopefully they will work but we can't start the treatments until they pre-approve them with the insurance company. That can take up to 7-10 days. So we wait for that approval and will go from there. We have an appointment next Wednesday to go over all the specifics on what to expect from those pills and side affects from them. When they get the results back from the gene testing they're doing on the culture they took then we can target a specific cancer cell type too and maybe change up the pills. I will report back when I have more info for ya. All doing well so far. Day at a time. Take care, y'all and thanks for all the prayers.