C7 mag ride update

DoubleGEE

Hello,

I have a 2014 Z51. I read all about the mag ride update and have confirmed mine doesn't have it. I've also seen two different pieces of literature that say you pay and you don't pay for it. I'm in Sun City and want to know if anyone has done the update. I don't care if I pay for it as much as going to a competent dealer who knows what their doing. 

Thanks

I know one ACE member that had it done on his ZO6 and he was happy. The GM Engineer whom designed the upgrade will be in the area in April but doing upgrades to the C6. I'd reach out to him and see if he would do yours. I started a thread on this a while back and I am including the link here for you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I know one ACE member that had it done on his ZO6 and he was happy. The GM Engineer whom designed the upgrade will be in the area in April but doing upgrades to the C6. I'd reach out to him and see if he would do yours. I started a thread on this a while back and I am including the link here for you.

Jim's deal with GM is only good for C6's and then he only has created upgrades for '09-'13. I sorta remember that it has to be 5 years from the last C7, before he can touch one.

However, the only place I know, who has successfully upgraded the C7 mag ride is Midway Chev on Bell Rd. When Howard wanted the upgrade, I checked with 5 other dealers, but none wanted to be the first to do it. Howard's car was the first, but not the last, Midway did.

• Like 1

JFYI, I have Jim's alignment specs for C6 and C7.  Separate settings for Street, Track/Autocross, & Hybrid. If you need them.

I just had an alignment done by someone in Tempe, but I would like the C7 specs for the next time. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Jim Mero's alignment C6 and C7 specs.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Set_up_order_and_specs_C6_C7_Corvette_rev_2.pdf

Thanks for posting, can not open, looks like its on your C drive, I do see his alignment set up order on his sight, but no specs

21 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

The URL browser code from Windows 98 won't work

Hey ! I'm all the way up to Windows 7 now. The W-95, W-98, ME, XP are long gone. I still have a Vista in the closet, but I plan to bypass 8 and 10 and go straight to 11 someday.

I'm waiting a few more months for my TRS-80 Color Computer to turn 40 before I sell it along with the single-sided 5 1/4" floppy drive and 300 baud modem.

A guy's gotta have a backup ya know.

So try this link - https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4710083-need-alignment-shop-advice-in-AZ.html

If that doesn't work either, go to corvetteforum.com and then the C6 general forum and do a search for JIM MERO  with the date 02-21-2023 and look at the last post.

21 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Hey ! I'm all the way up to Windows 7 now. The W-95, W-98, ME, XP are long gone. I still have a Vista in the closet, but I plan to bypass 8 and 10 and go straight to 11 someday.

I'm waiting a few more months for my TRS-80 Color Computer to turn 40 before I sell it along with the single-sided 5 1/4" floppy drive and 300 baud modem.

A guy's gotta have a backup ya know.

Ha!!! Tom wins post of the day!  :LolLol:

To anyone else interested, on another forum, I was told someone had it done at Van Chevy and their service guy was Ben Hyde. I don't know how long ago this was, but for what it's worth. I will post here when I do it, though I don't know how long that will be. 

Thanks

On 3/23/2023 at 10:32 AM, DoubleGEE said:

To anyone else interested, on another forum, I was told someone had it done at Van Chevy and their service guy was Ben Hyde. I don't know how long ago this was, but for what it's worth. I will post here when I do it, though I don't know how long that will be. 

Thanks

Van Chevrolet and 5 other local GM dealers didn't do the mag shock upgrades back when Howard got his done. You'd have to ask Howard when that occurred, but he will tell you that it made a big difference from the factory settings. IIRC, the service manager at Midway was Dragan Perikic, so you might want to contact him when you get ready to do it. 

• Like 1