Dyno results are in!

TEXAZC6

Just got back from getting the tune finished after adding the FAST 90.

Although we had it on the dyno last week, the FAST was leaking at higher RPM so we knocked it off until Mike and the gang could take a look. Well, the issue was fixed and she dyno'd at 363/368. I don't have a baseline to work from but from what I found on CF the stock C6 usually turns in around 335-340. So rough estimate = +/- 28 rwhp. Pretty good bang for the buck. :burnout

Now, if I could only get another job to afford the cam swap/headers. :toetap

Edit for spellin, my mom would be sooooo proud :bang

That is pretty good :thumbs

Interested in seeing what that tranlates to at the track. Hopefully able to get high 12's. Guess I need to go find out!

What was the issue with the leak?

Was it a bad FAST or bad install?

How did you know it leaked off at high RPM?

The AZPS guys can probably give you a better answer as to the exact cause.

Nick (the tuner) saw a leaning condition in (probably) only one of the cylinders on the first dyno runs and he explained that it wasn't uncommon with the FAST since they are a 3 piece unit. So, he didn't want to try and tune around the issue and called AZPS to have them take a look at the FAST. They found the issue and back to the dyno we went.

verra nass :)

Ima need to run a baseline at Speedworld soooon .. kinda wonderin how consistent I can be in the car when it jest blows the back tars away if I get on it at all in first and into 2nd.

-Frank

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Since the gaskets are reused from the old intake, chances are one or two didnt seat properly, so the bolts were retorqued and the problem went away... or just as common as said above, the 3 piece intake isnt all the way tight and sealed from FAST, so giving a little crank on the intake bolts pulls it together harder.

Since the gaskets are reused from the old intake, chances are one or two didnt seat properly, so the bolts were retorqued and the problem went away... or just as common as said above, the 3 piece intake isnt all the way tight and sealed from FAST, so giving a little crank on the intake bolts pulls it together harder.

I've read about a series of FAST intakes not sealing properly. Wonder if it's just a matter of re-torquing them or did they actually have some production imperfections?

So would it be just good practice to install new gaskets when installing A FAST?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I've read about a series of FAST intakes not sealing properly. Wonder if it's just a matter of re-torquing them or did they actually have some production imperfections?

So would it be just good practice to install new gaskets when installing A FAST?

the FAST castings are fine... the gasket they use is sub par in my opinion... we have had a couple FAST intakes that dont seal properly, then give an extra crank or two and the problem is solved! So I dont pay attention to the torque specs they send and more or less tighten until snug, of course verifying nothing is getting broken or pinched in the process.

As far as new gaskets, it is always better to go new... just make sure you retighten the intake after a couple days because the new gaskets will compress and might leak.

we do on average 10-15 FAST intakes a month though and on average 1 doesnt seal out of those 10-15 but generally fixed with nothing more then tighter bolts

the FAST castings are fine... the gasket they use is sub par in my opinion... we have had a couple FAST intakes that dont seal properly, then give an extra crank or two and the problem is solved! So I dont pay attention to the torque specs they send and more or less tighten until snug, of course verifying nothing is getting broken or pinched in the process.

As far as new gaskets, it is always better to go new... just make sure you retighten the intake after a couple days because the new gaskets will compress and might leak.

we do on average 10-15 FAST intakes a month though and on average 1 doesnt seal out of those 10-15 but generally fixed with nothing more then tighter bolts

So you are saying that I am exceptional, how nice, lol. :thumbs

I can vouch for re-tightenting intake bolts after a few days with new gaskets. I checked mine after a few heat cycles and found several bolts a little on the loose side. :thumbs GTG now.

Guest UVETTYA
verra nass :)

Ima need to run a baseline at Speedworld soooon .. kinda wonderin how consistent I can be in the car when it jest blows the back tars away if I get on it at all in first and into 2nd.

-Frank

Dean and I are going to Speedworld this Sunday! Come on out!

Steve

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Why did you replace your LS2 intake? Do you want to sell it?

Glenn

The FAST makes a dyno proven 15-20 rwhp over the LS2 on a STOCK car, and close to 25 rwhp on a cam car!

Glenn

The FAST makes a dyno proven 15-20 rwhp over the LS2 on a STOCK car, and close to 25 rwhp on a cam car!

is that 25 coming from tuning.. or are you saying that if you just swap from LS2 to FAST you will make 20 more HP without tuning?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Glenn

is that 25 coming from tuning.. or are you saying that if you just swap from LS2 to FAST you will make 20 more HP without tuning?

cant put a FAST on a LS2 car without tuning... it leans the car out a ton and causes detonation :) But when I base tune it and just add fuel and pull timing before Nic gets it, they are a LOT stronger. My car went from the stock 347 rwhp to 389 rwhp adding a FAST 90, Halltech and a tune, and it was tuned prior to the FAST so thats a direct comparison. I still had stock mufflers and manifolds on... I know the halltech isnt adding more then 10 or so because the stock induction isnt bad. We also see the same gains on the GTOs. Going from stock exhaust to LG headers and 3 inch cat back got me 11 more rwhp... so judging from that id say Phil picked up close to 20 rwhp at least with his intake

short answer -