You know it's cold in AZ when you get Ice on your DIC

Eddie44

This morning on the way to work I stopped at a light and the message "Possible Ice" popped up on the DIC. I know it's been cold but how does the C6 determine there might be ice? Does the C5 do this too and I just haven't seen it on my old C5?

I've never seen anything, except when the traction control kicks in. Doesn't say "ICE" though. Damn, that car sounds more like the KnightRider trans am, "Eddie, there might be ice on the road ahead. I'll take evasive action." :lol

You better pay attention Eddie. Wouldn't wanna spin. :devil

I do not recall if says anything on the C5, but all my vehicles that have the outside temp info, when it gets to 33 or below it will flash ICE and then the temp.

Robert and Elizabeth
I do not recall if says anything on the C5, but all my vehicles that have the outside temp info, when it gets to 33 or below it will flash ICE and then the temp.

Our Denali does the same thing. Have not seen it on the Z yet.

Robert and Elizabeth
I've never seen anything, except when the traction control kicks in. Doesn't say "ICE" though. Damn, that car sounds more like the KnightRider trans am, "Eddie, there might be ice on the road ahead. I'll take evasive action." :lol

You better pay attention Eddie. Wouldn't wanna spin. :devil

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

When my C-5 hears a 4-cyl with a big muffler I get a:

"Warning: Possible Loser Fly-By" as I accelerate to the speed limit.

-evil grin-

-Frank

Guest AZ Power & Sound
This morning on the way to work I stopped at a light and the message "Possible Ice" popped up on the DIC. I know it's been cold but how does the C6 determine there might be ice? Does the C5 do this too and I just haven't seen it on my old C5?

If you notice, it only pops up around 34 degrees :) It just figures once the outside temp is freezing that there could be ice

If you notice, it only pops up around 34 degrees :) It just figures once the outside temp is freezing that there could be ice

That DIC warning had to be designed by a woman! :yesnod

Mine has already retracted by that temp, and 'their temp gauges' show that 'I'M COLD' warning at a much warmer temp!! :rolf:rolf

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread!! :leaving

Ken

That DIC warning had to be designed by a woman! :yesnod

Mine has already retracted by that temp, and 'their temp gauges' show that 'I'M COLD' warning at a much warmer temp!! :rolf:rolf

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread!! :leaving

Ken

I KNEW you'd be the smart ass! And I feel bad for anyone with ice on their DIC..... :yesnod

M~

I feel bad for anyone with ice on their DIC..... :yesnod

M~

Check your keyboard, I think the letter K may be inoperative!!!