Oh great!!

Scratch

Well the freeze yesterday morning claimed my house. I was at work, Nancy gone for a few hours...Bam!

Broken water line in the attic...totaled my place... :banghead

:ack Sorry to hear that bro'! :willy

How's the insurance? :bang We made our then-10 year old son's "catastrophic" upstairs bathroom-flood into an opportunity to remodel a little. New carpet, some tile, paint, etc....problem with that is she's still not done, long after the insurance money is gone! :nopity

Sorry to hear that. Being a plumber for over 35 years in the Midwest that happens all the time. That how I made my money. In Arizona you don't expect that to happen much. Any thing we can do, let us know.

:agree Mofo, that is a drag! But the question in my mind is....is the new TV okay? :lol

Let us know if you need any dry household items.

M~

Mine froze to, also in the attic. Didn't burst though, didn't thaw out until 11am :eek

I think the only thing that saved me is that I have flex copper up there, not the ridged stuff.

Mine froze to, also in the attic. Didn't burst though, didn't thaw out until 11am :eek

I think the only thing that saved me is that I have flex copper up there, not the ridged stuff.

Trust me it does not care if galv, copper or plastic pipe. It is not the freezing that breaks the pipe, when it thaws out it expands and that is what splits the pipe.

It is suppose to get cold again tonight, so it would be a good thing to open up a faucet to a small stream and let it run all night. It really does not have to be a stream, but sometimes a drip stops it's self in the middle of the night and then you have a frozen water line anyway. It you set it to drip make it a fast dripl This way it will not freeze.

It get so cold when we do this in the Midwest that the drain lines freezes up sometimes also. Then you leave your faucet run and you don't have frozen water lines but you wake up in the morning and have a flood house cause the drain was frozen and ran over the sink or tub.

Thanks for all the offers of help :eek

First, the TV is good, alot of insulation and the dust went everywhere, so I'll see if it needs cleaned or ??

We have Farmers Insurance. They've always been good to us in the past...moFo hasn't called me yet though. :lol

Yesterday at work, heard alot of westside calls for water leaks, check water damage type calls going out...

was wondering what the heck...now I know :toetap

Trust me it does not care if galv, copper or plastic pipe. It is not the freezing that breaks the pipe, when it thaws out it expands and that is what splits the pipe.

It is suppose to get cold again tonight, so it would be a good thing to open up a faucet to a small stream and let it run all night. It really does not have to be a stream, but sometimes a drip stops it's self in the middle of the night and then you have a frozen water line anyway. It you set it to drip make it a fast dripl This way it will not freeze.

It get so cold when we do this in the Midwest that the drain lines freezes up sometimes also. Then you leave your faucet run and you don't have frozen water lines but you wake up in the morning and have a flood house cause the drain was frozen and ran over the sink or tub.

Did plumbing for four years in the Air Force. Also from Northern Maine, seen my share of frozen pipes. I was shocked it didn't split, I kept checking it every 5 minutes when I found it frozen this morning. Finally broke loose at 11 with no splits :eek . Counting my lucky stars. I've got soft drawn copper up there which can stretch a little.

I did have the water running, but someone turned it off :angry

Tony if you need any help let me know I'm pretty good @ repairs to houses.......

Good Luck.........

Sorry Mofo about the water thing.... Let us know if we can do anything to help. Good luck with the insurance. We will have our fingers crossed for you.....

We should have know it was cold out that night when the outside water bowl for the dog was a block of ice..... You know it's cold when the horses are shivering.......

Andrew