Facebook Posts

Tim

I get the impression that there's a different set of attending members here vs. Facebook.

I share some of my blog/video on FB and not here. 

For example I just posted a video showing the interior of my Stingray on FB  - actually shared it from my own Facebook group.

I suppose I could post the links here as well if there's interest.

Thanks

Tim

10 hours ago, Tim said:

I suppose I could post the links here as well if there's interest.

Thanks

Tim

Your observation is correct about the two groups.  Some folks are both places, but we have a lot that are just one place or the other. 

The main difference I have observed is that FB is good for "in the moment/on the fly" type of conversations, or posting things for sale (which get a wider audience there) while this Forum is much better for ongoing conversations, event planning, technical conversations and build threads. 

Yes, please share! There absolutely is interest here on projects.  :ACE:

We can change the title of your other thread from "1978" to "1976" and you can post your stuff there, if you wish.

Otherwise, we can lock that thread and you can start a new one.

Your choice, let us know! 

Hey Tim, the serious ACE people are ova here. And posts will never get lost in the shuffle here. Ever. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing. 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JohnU said:

And to complicate matters..... there are two ACE facebook sites.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/205389992834071

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=arizona corvette enthusiasts

To clarify, there is an ACE GROUP (first link above) and an ACE PAGE (second link above).

We can't have the GROUP, which is where all the discussion and activity with/between members happens, without having the PAGE. (Why?  Because FACEBOOK SUCKS - but don't tell anyone I said that). :smilelol

Just ignore the PAGE.  Use the GROUP. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, their Pages are basically like a company front. It's mostly for the company/owners to post, and folks can follow, review, etc.  Not really good for public posting.

Groups are similar to a typical forum.  Everyone can post, comment, etc... and it's more of a user/consumer space for a company that might also have a page.

We had to snag all those pages because we had someone trying to bootleg the ACE name, so we had to mark our territory.  Sorry its confusing.........but its really not THAT confusing