[Plinking Session] - Let's schedule one in this thread!

Togo

I just talked to my source for the bulletproof material. He should have it to me this afternoon. He only had a small square on hand. He said he wasn't sure but it is probably 18"x18". This is not the bulletproof glass but instead a kevlar material that comes in sheets like plywood. We put it in the counters and walls of our trouble branches.

If you can what I'd like is just mark the shots so we know what the different calibers do to the material. It's one thing to hear a vendor's story but another to see actual damage. If you get a video that would be great but not absolutely necessary.

Is anyone coming out to the Men's Toy Expo on Sunday? I could bring it then.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Togo

• Loud Pedal

• Donbecker

• Eddie44

Guest Sidewinder
I just talked to my source for the bulletproof material. He should have it to me this afternoon. He only had a small square on hand. He said he wasn't sure but it is probably 18"x18". This is not the bulletproof glass but instead a kevlar material that comes in sheets like plywood. We put it in the counters and walls of our trouble branches.

If you can what I'd like is just mark the shots so we know what the different calibers do to the material. It's one thing to hear a vendor's story but another to see actual damage. If you get a video that would be great but not absolutely necessary.

Is anyone coming out to the Men's Toy Expo on Sunday? I could bring it then.

Eddie,

I am not going to the expo but I could meet you @ the stadium. I live bout 6 miles from there. I will PM ya my # and you can call me when your ready for the drop.

I am willing to haul stuff and people out there in the truck. Jenna likely won't be joining us, but we can take her Jeep if someone responsible is willing to drive and stay sober. Also, I have a retirement party I am committed to in P.V. that starts at 4. I can be late, but I have to show up. What time did you all plan on staying till?

Is this like a forest service road or something? Can I trailer the Quads to the spot?

David

We don't drink and shoot.

And you call yourself a cowboy. :lol

I figured as much, but thought I'd throw it out there.

OK, How about this!!

We meet here in Gilbert ~8:00 AM.

Leave by 8:30 so we should get there by 9:15 or so.

We can shoot and stuff till 12-12:30 then pack up and get back here by 1:30 at the latest.

Dave can go get to his party and anyone else here can go visit the Kilt or HeartAttack, down the street or go home??

I think my sister wants to go too, so we may have the Durango!

It's 2wd but has the ground clearance for the washes!!

AND, lots of seats!!

Ken

Sounds like a plan. I'll be there with the truck. :hunter:hunter:hunter:hunter

Any way we could squeeze Liz into one of the cars?

I told her it was probably going to be a sausage-fest...said she doesn't care as long as she gets to shoot.

Just be here Don!!

We will find room!

I talked to my buddy at work and he is the reason I found this place!!

Robert has some NICE weapons!! He is gonna join in!!

Eddie,

Unless I missed something, we are shooting THIS Sat!!

We will have to test you material NEXT time out!!

Also, if this is countertop material, you have to be REALLY close to get real results!

I'm not going to stand two feet away from a piece of "bullet proof" particle board with a 44 mag and shoot it!!

Can we try 20 feet first to see the FLACK??

Just some stupid Q's!!

Looks like we have a gathering!!

Ken

Sorry! I saw the 17th somewhere in this post. The material is not countertop, it's kevlar type material like bulletproof vests are made out of but hard in a sheet form. Do whatever you want with it once you see it. I'm not looking for any particular results. If you get some video, etc all the better.

Any way we could squeeze Liz into one of the cars?

I told her it was probably going to be a sausage-fest...said she doesn't care as long as she gets to shoot.

cool - liz, jackie, kens sister - there should be a little less sausage than first anticipated! :cfdeadagain

Just be here Don!!

We will find room!

Eddie,

uhhhhh this saturday is not the 17th (remember i asked to wait, as we'll be out of town - if you look at your post directed TO ME on the previous page - you say the 17th - which is a week from this saturday - as i'm still trying to hunt down some .223 ammo - the 2 sources i buy from are OUT of the cheap stuff! who has a deal? if anyone picks up some, please share your experience - i man have enough time to put in an internet order and get it shipped on time! i'll look into that - 200 rounds of .223 is about $70 at sportsman (they are out of the $5 box of 20 i went in there for!

here's the quote from the other thread

OK Chris!!

Saturday Feb 17, 2007

We will meet at my place in Gilbert at 8:00AM!!

Be here or shut the F up about going shooting!!

Ken

Just be here Don!!

We will find room!

Eddie,

We will have to test you material NEXT time out!!

Also, if this is countertop material, you have to be REALLY close to get real results!

I'm not going to stand two feet away from a piece of "bullet proof" particle board with a 44 mag and shoot it!!

Can we try 20 feet first to see the FLACK??

Just some stupid Q's!!

Looks like we have a gathering!!

Ken

I have it on my calendar for NEXT saturday too. The 17th. :dupe

ok Im going to squeese this in. I have a 4wd druango so i can haul warm bodies.

I do have some small computer shootable stuff. NO CRTs.

Ken,

It's the Sat before Gila Bend!! The 17th. :crazy:crazy

i ordered 1000 rounds of .223 from ammoman.com

https://www.ammoman.com/webstore_223.htm

i got the 62grain JHP for $199 with free shipping FYI

hope they get here by the time we are going!!!!

I wish he sold 7.62by39 in 500 round count.

try this guy

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=243577

don't know if you can view this thread without registering but try it anyway

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=257539

Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up a hand gun. Any suggestions? I was thinking a 9MM or 45 ACP. Any place to buy a used one? How much are new ones? Thanks, Robert :burnout

Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up a hand gun. Any suggestions? I was thinking a 9MM or 45 ACP. Any place to buy a used one? How much are new ones? Thanks, Robert :burnout

i got a taurus 9mm - PT-92 (i think) i'd like to get rid of - i bought it and traded it to my dad for his glock, then reinherited it when he passed - it has never been fired!

i got a taurus 9mm - PT-92 (i think) i'd like to get rid of - i bought it and traded it to my dad for his glock, then reinherited it when he passed - it has never been fired!

Blue or SS? How much? Robert :burnout

Why don't you just join us and see what you feel comfortable with!!

Tanya has shot everything I have, so a big burly man like you shouldn't have a problem with anything!!

Here is a link to the shoot we did last year.

The video kind of shows you the terrain and the few pics shows some of what we were playing with!!

I was too busy shootin to take pics!!

Shootin in the East Valley!!

No, the 9mm and 30cal full auto weren't with our group. Just shows what may turn up!!

I missed the single shot .50 and a few others!!

The green bottles are tannerite and they are fun!!

Ken

PLEASE BRING EARPLUGS OR EARMUFFS!!

It is not a fun time without them!!

I'm going by the gun shop tomorrow and I'll try to remember to pick up some plugs, but don't trust me to remember anything except how many beers are left in the fridge!!

Blue or SS? How much? Robert :burnout

blue

model verification shows...... PT-92 AF

the going rate seems to be around $400 - whatcha think?

it's got hogue grips on it now, as well as the original wood taurus grips

and 3 mags (i dropped 10 in, and it had room for more, but i don't have any more 9mm rounds handy.)

:hunter

I'll think about it Chris. I went to X-Caliber on Cave Creek and they have some other ones that I liked also. They have the XD-45 as well as many others in the 400 to 600 range. I might even spring for a 1911. I'm going to try to go by there tomorrow a look a little more. :yesnod Robert :burnout