Buccaneer

78c31.jpg

c32.jpg

c33.jpg

c34.jpeg

Guess what year of bottom pic.

Julie, one of those 78s could be yours. :thumbs

:eek   :eek

I'm guessing '68 or '69 for that bottom pic, I can't tell the two years apart anymore (fail). . .

45 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

:eek   :eek

I'm guessing '68 or '69 for that bottom pic, I can't tell the two years apart anymore (fail). . .

They are 68s, look at the door knob "button". Only on 68, 69 changed to the current handle that we all know.

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

78c31.jpg

c32.jpg

c33.jpg

c34.jpeg

Guess what year of bottom pic.

Julie, one of those 78s could be yours. :thumbs

That's what I was thinking.

There's a story I was told by an old-timer. Of a derailment of a train car with new Corvettes on it (back in 1970's) near Benson, AZ.  Story goes that it was too costly to clean it up so they just buried them there.  True?  Don't know for sure.

6 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

They are 68s, look at the door knob "button". Only on 68, 69 changed to the current handle that we all know.

:thumbs  I should have remembered that, I used to have a '68. . . the cheese is definitely starting to slip. 

IMG_0006.thumb.jpg.6f4222ed284d5f61caa9f83218f8f1b1.jpg

14 hours ago, Chameleon said:

:thumbs  I should have remembered that, I used to have a '68. . . the cheese is definitely starting to slip. 

IMG_0006.thumb.jpg.6f4222ed284d5f61caa9f83218f8f1b1.jpg

Ahhh...now I know why you still like C3s. Nice car. :thumbs Tell me that was a 427, 4spd.

5 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

Ahhh...now I know why you still like C3s. Nice car. :thumbs Tell me that was a 427, 4spd.

^^^ I could, but I'd be lying.  327/auto, blue/blue.  The hardtop was black.  I never had the ragtop. 

I also had two coupes, a 1976 (black) and a 1981 (charcoal). . . both beautiful to look at and absolutely gutless stock. :smilelol  

I was going to say 68, because of the door button. But I’m late to the game…

Yes, the RR’s buried cars all the time, there is a load of Corvettes and a load of Cadillacs buried out here west of Gila. But before you grab your shovel and head this way, know that they used a Caterpillar to flatten them all down before filling the mass grave.