Me again!

rickety

As I previously "threaded" (correct term?) I rebuilt my steering column & had the steering box & steering valve rebuilt by benchworks. Got the alignment done & took it for a spin. I don't need to constantly keep making steering adjustments as I drive anymore!  It runs nice & straight & well worth the work but....the steering is TIGHT. Obviously the faster the easier. When I had my transmission rebuilt (year ago) they rebuilt my power steering pump. It helped some back then but not as much as I was thinking it would. I thought I would be able to turn the wheel with one finger! How do I know if it is normal tight or too tight? The alignment guys didn't say anything to me.

Desertdawg

Kind-a tight is normal, it was to make it feel like your more connected to the road. You can feel the front tires start to chatter if your plowing the front end to hard into a corner, or that moment when the brakes start to lock. 
If you drive an everyday econo slushbox you can spin the wheel with the lightest touch, even 89 year old grandma can whip that thing around, but you also loose that connected feel to what the car is doing. 

When I autocrossed my 82, you felt like you had an arm workout at the end of the day. 

“threaded”?  You posted a thread ….  :hat

Thanks Desertdawg! I'll go with normal! I'm sure that it is because I am used to the abnormal! Thread, threaded, threading.......I give up. As Tom stated LMAO!! 😆

Desertdawg

And hanging with this group we should probably teach him FUBAR and SNAFU.

Don't know fwiw or roflmao!  ( I know lmao). Oh lordy help me! I think this group is trouble! 😎 (don't know how to get the little jumping guys either)!

Desertdawg

Just click the little smilie in the reply box. 

9AAD83F8-F1BE-4245-9FDB-263520D7E099.thumb.jpeg.f41bec7bbbb6ab27595e6aa068f6b783.jpeg

9 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

Just click the little smilie in the reply box. 

9AAD83F8-F1BE-4245-9FDB-263520D7E099.thumb.jpeg.f41bec7bbbb6ab27595e6aa068f6b783.jpeg

omg all these years, I had no idea how you guys had all those smile things. 

here goes, :willy:lurk:eddie2::ken:

oh my gosh. It works. 

• Upvote 1

Desertdawg

Aww crap, Mo just found a new toy, she’ll be entertained for hours now.   :ack:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

Aww crap, Mo just found a new toy, she’ll be entertained for hours now.   :ack:

noooo I have control over my impulses. 

:lurk:flag:jester:eek:cuss:drinkers:burnout:hat:angel:burnout:cone

oh hell I just found the gif button next to the smily face button, what does it do??  Let’s find out. 
Tom Cruise Goose GIF by Top Gun

it did not disappoint! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, aenigma said:

omg all these years, I had no idea how you guys had all those smile things. 

here goes, :willy:lurk:eddie2::ken:

oh my gosh. It works. 

Okay, now that you have discovered the ACE-specific emojis, hover your mouse over the names. . . there are CUSTOM emojis in there that represent actual ACE members.  See how many you can identify/remember. . .

4 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Okay, now that you have discovered the ACE-specific emojis, hover your mouse over the names. . . there are CUSTOM emojis in there that represent actual ACE members.  See how many you can identify/remember. . .

i just have a phone. No hovering :(

3 minutes ago, aenigma said:

i just have a phone. No hovering :(

. . . wait. . . what?  You don't own a computer?

I know, I know...:buc:  :pirate: Haven't seen :cherye: in a long time...Anybody? Donna!

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

. . . wait. . . what?  You don't own a computer?

no. 😂

I have my work laptop at work but other than that, I have an iPad and iPhone and something that sits in a drawer and needs about 10 minutes to boot up.  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

I know, I know...:buc:  :pirate: Haven't seen :cherye: in a long time...Anybody? Donna!

wait. Are you saying you want to see donnas :cherye:

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

wait. Are you saying you want to see donnas :cherye:

OMG! :facepalm: I bet Donna knows what that means...as you hoover over the emoji. I figured this would be something that would go wrong, and it did. :smilelol This thread as gone WAY off base right now and I bet it is the top WAY off base thread ever? See this post for clarification...

donna reply.jpg

• Haha 1

Desertdawg

:chris  Named after Chris.  85togo 

::Dave: made for the one and only Dave. 

:Orange: I made this one cause y”all kept picking on me. 

theres a few others I made that aren’t in the list anymore. 

So, identification of the Emojis creates the next question... How many ACEholes currently active on this forum actually know and/or remember those members...?

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

So, identification of the Emojis creates the next question... How many ACEholes currently active on this forum actually know and/or remember those members...?

Me...but you knew that along with a handful of long time members when Phil was still in the valley.