Carb Rebuild

Kenthomas4

Kenthomas4

Looking for a reputable shop to rebuild my QuadraJet carb off a 1970 350.   Located in Peoria.   

thanks

Ken

EE816760-89F2-44CA-9C06-F670E453947E.jpeg

I can recommend Vintage Iron, but DO NOT TAKE IT TO BROMELY'S CORVETTE FOR ANY REASON. GL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

I can recommend Vintage Iron, but DO NOT TAKE IT TO BROMELY'S CORVETTE FOR ANY REASON. GL

:agree  :thumbs

• 3 weeks later...
0311 Devil Dog

"Carbs Unlimited"

A place in Peoria does pretty good work but he's an old grumpy jerk. If you can put up with him he's local.

Also a guy named " Lars". You can find and contact him thru the "CorvetteForum.com" Another guy with

an attitude but good with carbs. He's in the Denver area if I recall.

I know both, Vintage Iron and Lars.  Either would do you right, though Vintage is local.

I think Lars would be another VERY good choice. He IS the carb GURU. :thumbs

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1970 Pontiac LeMans with a moderately built 455 with Qjet that I used Cliff Ruggles shop to do.  Cliff isn't doing rebuilds these days but the tech that used to work for him is a guy named Ray Klemm, and Ray is doing business as CRK Performance.  I can tell you that my LeMans with it's lumpy, low vacuum cam has never run better. Fires quickly, choke is perfect, no bogs, never fouls plugs, no issues at all- with the electric fuel pump (Aeromotive/Tanks Inc. setup) the car has, it starts and runs practically as well as an EFI car, no joke.  All I had to do was bolt it on, fine tune the idle air and idle speed, and go.

Ray/Cliff nailed it.  They also built a curved dizzy for me.  Ray is very active on the Rochester Quadrajet Carbs FB page, and he's great to deal with.  You will not regret it.

Why I bit the bullet and sent it to Ohio for a rebuild instead of doing the sensible thing and staying local?  I tried to use that dick Bruce at Carbs Unlimited. Had an appointment, then he cancelled on me. because I had a few questions.  My car isn't stock, I've never worked with him before, of COURSE I WILL HAVE QUESTIONS.

Could you imagine how bad he would be to deal with if he effed up your car?  Don't bother with him.  You've been warned.

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 6.19.14 PM.png

qjet.jpeg

IMG_0071.JPG

275705072_8383229645028031_5414288392578343210_n.jpeg

• Like 1