Phoenix Area Exhaust Shop

Ericshere03

Ericshere03

I need a full exhaust system for my C3 corvette, I have an 81 so I have the goofy swing over exhaust that impossible to find “in the catalogs”, I was hoping I can have a full one built. Of all the shops I called, none of them do stainless. I’d like dual 2.5” stainless out of 409 stainless or 304 if it’s not too much more. 

let me know ! Thanks.

Try Belanger Performance Headers & Exhaust in Peoria, since most header companies use 409 stainless tubing.

Buccaneer

I had my 82 done a long time ago at RPM Motorsports in Mesa. Not sure if they still do this stuff anymore, give em a call. RPM

Had it custom made to what I wanted and was 403 SS all the way back to mufflers. I used the Gforce cross-member as well to have the exhaust go under the cross-member so I could drop it easier. I can drop or install my entire exhaust by myself with no issues. Also had it made so I could drop the trans pan without taking the exhaust off, helps a lot. Here are a couple pics. Hope this helps.

20190320_140909.jpg

new exhaust1 2015.png

new exhaust2 2015.png

Ericshere03
8 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

I had my 82 done a long time ago at RPM Motorsports in Mesa. Not sure if they still do this stuff anymore, give em a call. RPM

Had it custom made to what I wanted and was 403 SS all the way back to mufflers. I used the Gforce cross-member as well to have the exhaust go under the cross-member so I could drop it easier. I can drop or install my entire exhaust by myself with no issues. Also had it made so I could drop the trans pan without taking the exhaust off, helps a lot. Here are a couple pics. Hope this helps.

20190320_140909.jpg

new exhaust1 2015.png

new exhaust2 2015.png

That looks GREAT!, I’ll be sticking with the same swing over setup, but that’s what I was looking for. And also 409 is ideal, 304 is a little blingy but good stuff! Just didn’t need to spend the extra. 

speaking of spending, what did that cost you all said and done?

Buccaneer

Was around $700 from headers to muffler (hooker max flow) if I remember correctly.

Ericshere03
54 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

Was around $700 from headers to muffler (hooker max flow) if I remember correctly.

That’s great too… I actually bought an Allen’s stainless exhaust in 409, fit terribly, I kept putting it off, couldn’t find a shop to work with stainless, and now they went out of business… waste of $500 bucks. 

I did find one shop that quoted me $3500 for stainless, but they only do 304. And another shop who only does aluminized who wanted $2500.

Anyways, I called RPM Motorsport today, they told me the owner himself has to speak with me directly. I am expecting a call back. we will see what happens. I’ll post results here.

I am so annoyed, I might just get the corvette central duals kit in aluminized. We are in the desert anyways. 

• 2 weeks later...
Ericshere03

So RPM Motorsports quoted me 2500+ and Cordes Motorsports quoted 2400 bucks plus materials … 

Am I missing something? Last time I had exhaust made it was $600, duals, cats, 316 stainless tips and a pair of Flowmaster, pipe was aluminized tho. This was only 2015 or so in California. 

Apparently the price has gone WAY up since I did mine there. I don't see how SS pipe has gone up that much more, but who knows. You figure what ever it costs, they jack up the marginal by a minimum of 40%. My guess is that it's higher than that. You can thank the current administration for all this BS! It cost me $150 just fill my truck up yesterday and I got .30 off a gallon...WTF?!  :crazy

Ericshere03

I get it and agree, but come on! 400% increase in a few years time!!! Fuel, the worst offender “only” rose by about 100% here in Phoenix. 

This economy is really ruining the craft. But I guess I shouldn’t be so whiny, the whole world is falling apart. 

Anyways, I folded and ended up ordering the Corvette Central kit … it didn’t fit :banghead … but it’s aluminized and I can take it to any shop to tweak it. I’ll see what corvette central has to say about it. 

I’ll revisit the stainless exhaust system when I swap motors, do headers, yada yada yada.