Father's Day Cottonwood Cruise & Picnic - Saturday, June 11

theChad

On 5/22/2022 at 2:48 PM, Extender32 said:

We are more than likely out as we are making an unplanned trip back home tonight due to a death in the family.

Gregg, your family is in our prayers.  Safe travels.

Sue and I will be there we will be at the launch spot Carefree Hwy and MacD's and I-17 ready to leave at 8:15 so it says.

• Like 1

See? I’m getting bad.  I confirmed attendance a month ago. On Facebook. Sorry. 2 coming! 

• Like 1

I know Facebook people say they’re coming but it’s not as committing, I saw some east valley vette people are coming and a few others on ACE Facebook too. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aenigma said:

I know Facebook people say they’re coming but it’s not as committing, I saw some east valley vette people are coming and a few others on ACE Facebook too. 

Yep, this is a large and ongoing issue with planning events. 

There is a higher "flake/no-show" ratio on FB than on this Forum, combined with folks who decide they are participating but don't say so.

It would be nice if the "no-shows" balanced out with the "unexpected" participants.  Unfortunately, it usually doesn't. :(

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aenigma said:

You all makin me wash my vette Friday. 😂

Not me. It's going to have a couple hundred miles of bug guts and road grime by the end of the day. I plan to wash mine on Sunday...:P

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Not me. It's going to have a couple hundred miles of bug guts and road grime by the end of the day. I plan to wash mine on Sunday...:P

Same here :cheers

Payton & Mary are still coming up from Green Valley, my bank loan should be approved on Friday so I can fill Lucy with gas!

• Like 1

Randy Stone
22 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Say what? You expect the bugs to commit suicide on a dirty Corvette? Say it ain't so.Cartoon Bug Splat Stock Vector Image by ©ronleishman #13942097

Hey all,  I have a buddy with a newer Camaro SS that would like to join our cruise to Cottonwood.  I realize this is not a Corvette and he will have to stay at the back of the line, LOL.  Everybody ok if he joins our cruise? Thanks 

7 minutes ago, 1 Sik GS said:

Hey all,  I have a buddy with a newer Camaro SS that would like to join our cruise to Cottonwood.  I realize this is not a Corvette and he will have to stay at the back of the line, LOL.  Everybody ok if he joins our cruise? Thanks 

Of course!! It’s a Chevy 😃

there’s been other vehicles in the past that joined us, the more the merrier. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nort99 said:

Years ago we even had a ford with us 

I remember a GTR joining us a few years ago. 

37 minutes ago, 1 Sik GS said:

29 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Of course!! It’s a Chevy 😃

there’s been other vehicles in the past that joined us, the more the merrier. 

20 minutes ago, nort99 said:

Years ago we even had a ford with us 

15 minutes ago, 1 Sik GS said:

I remember a GTR joining us a few years ago. 

Absolutely.  We have also had Porsches and one year a Volvo. . .:yesnod

13 hours ago, Randy Stone said:

Say what? You expect the bugs to commit suicide on a dirty Corvette? Say it ain't so.Cartoon Bug Splat Stock Vector Image by ©ronleishman #13942097

Absolutely!  Based on the usual amount of "bug buildup,"  bugs just love Yellow cars, dirty or not.

And. . . I leave my car dirty on purpose.  Dirt creates drag, which gives other Corvettes a better chance of keeping up with me. . .:burnout  :bolt:

• Haha 1