1976 Corvette Project

Tim

Saw your comment on that you didn't know what the color codes were for interior? Here ya go...

1976 INTERIOR COLORS

BK= BLACK

BG= BLUE GREEN

BU= BLUE BUCKSKIN

DB= DARK BROWN

F= FIRETHORN

SG= SMOKED GRAY

W=WHITE

1976 COLOR CODES

112= WHITE LEATHER

152= SMOKED GRAY LEATHER

192= BLACK LEATHER

322= BLUE GREEN LEATHER

642= BLUE LEATHER

692 DARK BROWN LEATHER

712= FIRETHORN LEATHER

NOTE: I have no clue what color Firethorn really is?

10 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

Thanks!!  Where did you get these?

FireThorn is a GM color - medium dark shade of red.

10 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

Saw your comment on that you didn't know what the color codes were for interior? Here ya go...

1976 INTERIOR COLORS

BK= BLACK

BG= BLUE GREEN

BU= BLUE BUCKSKIN

DB= DARK BROWN

F= FIRETHORN

SG= SMOKED GRAY

W=WHITE

1976 COLOR CODES

112= WHITE LEATHER

152= SMOKED GRAY LEATHER

192= BLACK LEATHER

322= BLUE GREEN LEATHER

642= BLUE LEATHER

692 DARK BROWN LEATHER

712= FIRETHORN LEATHER

NOTE: I have no clue what color Firethorn really is?

5 hours ago, Tim said:

FireThorn is a GM color - medium dark shade of red.

This came right out of my official corvette Black Book. :thumbs Yep, I looked it up since I never heard of that color before. Red would have worked, but GM IS different. :smilelol

I've not seen this before.  I think at least one is for setting the trip meter?  Are there other adjustments?  There is one off to the side.

WhatIsThis.jpg

Center arrow should be the headlight override switch, not sure about the other two arrows though.

Watched your latest vid, if you want to have your carb expertly rebuilt to perfection, contact this guy below on the Big Board. Lars IS the corvette C3 forum carb guru. Your carb will be ready to install and fire up when you get it back from him. Just tell him what year you have. GL

image.thumb.png.da2762abdcf8e59ed9ed6dd0ef9c114c.png

Thank you. None of them actually do anything at the moment. Got lots of work to do.

I think if it was an original I'd consider having it rebuilt.  I always lean toward a new carb when I get a car.  I tried to rebuild my last Edlebrock on my 73 Mustang but didn't seem to do much better.  Had a local place rebuild it and that wasn't much better.  Bought a  new one.

It appears the block was lightly "decked" and left some of the numbers.

13 minutes ago, JohnU said:

It appears the block was lightly "decked" and left some of the numbers.

The numbers do match.

• 4 weeks later...

So, are you changing the color of the interior to black? If not, those need to be replaced to do it properly IMO or even if you go with the original color. Save whatever hardware you can and just order new panels. To do a complete C3 interior now, can be expensive, but worth it in the end. :thumbs

It will be black.   I've been pricing new interiors and yeah it's costly.  I've completed two Mustang (1970 and 1973) interiors and this interior is a lot more $$ than they were.   I do want to save date-coded parts.

Thanks!!!

Tim

4 hours ago, Tim said:

It will be black.   I've been pricing new interiors and yeah it's costly.  I've completed two Mustang (1970 and 1973) interiors and this interior is a lot more $$ than they were.   I do want to save date-coded parts.

Thanks!!!

Tim

OK, gotcha! :thumbs Yep, C3 interiors along with others are rather spendy anymore. The word CORVETTE is the driving force behind that. If it said Camaro or Chevy stepside you would be better off. I swear that everything for a corvette is a minimum of $100, even OEM bolts. You just gotta love getting gouged by everyone these days. GL with your resto. :thumbs

Gymkhana:  On the top of your rear trailing arm next to the brake line, Look for a short link connected to a sway bar. No bar, no Gymhkana.

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd drop a couple after pics on my interior work.  The color conversion is done.  Kept as many parts as  I could....a couple I shouldn't have...but I'll replace them soon.  Here are the before pics  as well.

IMG_20231202_151615440_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231202_163727510_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231202_163754739_HDR.jpg

0Before-1.jpg

1976-6.jpeg

• Like 1