Grape Has Left The......Area!

Grape Ape

Latest update, we will be in the new place on August 29th. Our belongings are currently in Illinois awaiting a command to bring it to us here on the 30th. Hopefully it will be on time as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Grape is still at my cousins place 30 miles away in his barn. I went and checked on him and he looks as good as when I shipped him up here. After we can get into the place, I'll go get him and put him in his new home so I can maybe get a few car shows in before winter hits. I don't have any detail products as they are packed as well, so I'll have to go find something that will suffice until I get my hands on my detail cart again. I'll get a video of the new place also and see if I can post it without my computer since it's been boxed for shipping and might not be here in time. Hope all is well with you guys & gals. So far, so good up here. Stay GRAPE....

You missed Cruise Night (it lasts a week actually) in Kearney by a month or so, that thing is huge.  You should do that next year

I believe Lincoln has a thing every Saturday at 48th and O.  Only reason I know is they've had some bad apples turning it into a burn-out event and they've been in trouble with LPD

• Like 1

@Grape Ape Good to hear from you!  Sounds like you are rather in limbo for a few weeks yet.  Glad to hear Grape is okay.

Look forward to seeing/hearing more once you get into your new digs.  :thumbs

• Like 1

My life the last 3 weeks I've been in Nebraska. 3 demolition derbies and 2 tractor/truck pulls. It's kinda scary too, everytime I attend one of these, it's like a family reunion. I did not realize the family has grown so much, and most of them don't even know who I am.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the car with the wippin' antennas must be a remote control car...and I don't think those tractor pull vehicles will pass emissions. :smilelol Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing planned this weekend so it will be football, football and more football I hope.

8 hours ago, Grape Ape said:

Nothing planned this weekend so it will be football, football and more football I hope.

I am SO sorry to hear you will be having such a stressful weekend!  :smilelol  

• Like 1

The new place here in Nebraska is officially ours as of the 29th of August. Don't have our belongings yet but hope to have that taken care of soon. I went out over the last couple days and did a little walk around video of the place. I think it will be a good fit for us, the only concern I have is the gravel road and the Corvette. I will definitely have to take it slow with that.

It's about 30 minutes long so watch if you want.

That road is not Corvette friendly.

Looks like it’s time for an enclosed trailer just to get Grape to town.

Nice  house and large lot.

• Thanks 1

Looks nice Mark.  I like the blue spruce and other pine trees.  Had them in Ohio.  Enjoy the mowing, that push mower is not going to do it!!

• Like 1

Yeah, that road will be a 1-5 mph jount for me with that car. A covered trailer might be in the cards too someday. See how this economy can rebound, if it can, from this current dictator that's running things first. I'll definitely have my mower I had in Tennessee with me, so no pushing type for me ever. I do have plans to get rid of some of the grass, but that will have to wait just like the trailer. See how the future treats me. Should get our belongings in by the beginning of next week and be moved in full time hopefully.

• Like 1

Nice! and since the house is empty, plenty of time to paint and get your garage into shape, for grape.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to get out to my cousins farm and get Grape back on the road. Put the front splitter on. Drove like 5 mph on the 1/4 mile gravel road to the pavement. Then drove to my parents place and got him all cleaned up. Then went down to the local park and snapped a few pics. I have a car show Sunday I'm hoping to make. 1st one since I've been in Nebraska. There's also an all Corvette show on the 28th I'm thinking about signing up for too.

20220914_131001.thumb.jpg.338cafb877d2ab564f4836016359692a.jpg

20220914_154253.thumb.jpg.1c02f7f9c1dd993b44415fb7fee5a4c2.jpg

20220914_154106.thumb.jpg.5e622abcff556a951f5677878bbec151.jpg

20220914_154226.thumb.jpg.5f8fc03b1a80d8cb8e5575e127e6354a.jpg

20220914_154334.thumb.jpg.11dbefcaa7ff02f3210cc2b33a61343c.jpg

20220914_154305.thumb.jpg.f25127f6d8bbf94c42ae415596843366.jpg

Had to take one by my old boy scout cabin they still use.

20220914_154644.thumb.jpg.a09fe8ae0eb84a0590811244f2495e99.jpg

• Like 2

Little video walk around the car and drive around the town park area. Last time I parked a car in this exact spot was way back in 1981. I had a 1977 bandit black & gold Trans Am. I spent the day cleaning and polishing it. Went out that night and it was very foggy out. Hit a cow in the butt and it literally shit all over my car. I also had the T-tops out and it went into the back seat too. Luckily that didn't happen this time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, P51tj said:

Thumbs up "Sammy"!!!

Getting close...

download.jpeg

Cool video by the way.....

• Like 2

Went to my parents place this evening and brought him home with me finally. Now I can considerate on the house more and maybe a show or 2 before winter hits. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth ever again, but here I am. He actually did very well on the gravel road too. Not one scrap or rock that I could hear. It had to be close to touching the piled up gravel in the middle I'm sure. Only drove like 5-10 mph so hoping the dust will be minimal, I'll check it out in the morning.

At my parents place.

ymAttachment-378e54e586965e1f.thumb.jpeg.3b9080232bd337b7d430e96b0ecd713a.jpeg

In his new driveway.

ymAttachment-9913c91072a002c0.thumb.jpeg.6e6e6f6a3453e298e455addec1b061dd.jpeg

in his new bedroom.

ymAttachment-8a0746a741559b20.thumb.jpeg.085ab21ab1a373b7226094337edcb57c.jpeg