Grape Has Left The......Area!

Grape Ape

Few videos from the past week and weekend. Not much with working on the car but had fun non the less.

• Upvote 1

Well, life has a way of throwing a curveball now and then. I got one last week. My sister called and told me that our dad isn't doing all that great and asked if I'd be able to come help since I'm retired now. I can't say no as I do feel like it's time to be closer to family again with the way things are playing out. My wife's parents are doing very well though but they do need help sometimes too so it will be good to be there for them also. I'm still debating on if we'll be able to withstand the winters up there anymore though. Plus our daughter & her family that lives here but is currently in NC said they won't be able to move back in Tennessee for at least another 5 or so years. So we figured what's the point in staying here when there's not going to be any family for so long. We really do love the area and the state of Tennessee, but there's really nothing holding us here anymore. We feel we can do more good in Nebraska again for a while. Going to think about this for a couple weeks though before we decide.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Grape Ape said:

Well, life has a way of throwing a curveball now and then. I got one last week. My sister called and told me that our dad isn't doing all that great and asked if I'd be able to come help since I'm retired now. I can't say no as I do feel like it's time to be closer to family again with the way things are playing out. My wife's parents are doing very well though but they do need help sometimes too so it will be good to be there for them also. I'm still debating on if we'll be able to withstand the winters up there anymore though. Plus our daughter & her family that lives here but is currently in NC said they won't be able to move back in Tennessee for at least another 5 or so years. So we figured what's the point in staying here when there's not going to be any family for so long. We really do love the area and the state of Tennessee, but there's really nothing holding us here anymore. We feel we can do more good in Nebraska again for a while. Going to think about this for a couple weeks though before we decide.

Wow!  Like one move wasn't stressful enough!  :eek

Wish you all the best and keep us posted!  :thumbs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Wow!  Like one move wasn't stressful enough!  :eek

Wish you all the best and keep us posted!  :thumbs

^^^ What she said!!! :willy

• Like 1

old yeller

Hopefully you haven't unpacked a lot of boxes. It sucks to move twice. Trust me, I know.

Good luck on the family issues.

• Like 1

Its tough to see the parents get old. I'll say this, if you have the opportunity and the means to be close to the parents, you should.  Cold is temporary, its like summer in Arizona, just stay inside as much as you can.  I was just back up in The Good Life, funeral for my best friends Mom, and with that a lot of reality.

If you can swing it, I'd hang onto the Tennessee digs and then you can have a retreat for occasions and then when the time comes you can roll into your golden years there

• Like 1

Appreciate all the comments and well wishes. We're giving ourselves a couple weeks to think this over. We haven't unpacked a ton of stuff so repacking won't be to stressful. We have thought about keeping this place and getting a cheap place up north. BUT....we have come to the conclusion, at least I have, that this place is just way to nice to let sit for so long. Plus, Darci can't really do the stairs, so if we go, the place will be sold. When we come back in a few years we will get something we can really use and want and my garage will be even larger. I'll have to learn to put the car away for the winters again too. Been since 1989 that I've done that. I will keep this thread updated with our direction. Take care, y'all.

• Like 1

Desertdawg

Sorry to hear about your dad, we hope things improve for him…

Sometimes life can really be a challenge, just remember to never ever …um, wait. It’s always wear clean sox and, well, you know how the rest goes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So life has a way of giving a person a reality check now and then on how we live most of the time. There's a new homestead coming into our lives again. We are selling this place in Clarksville, TN and we're going to be relocating farther east, north and east of Knoxville someplace. Our daughter informed us a couple weeks ago while we were out visiting with them that they are going to be selling their place here in TN that we bought close to. They are going to be moving into NC because they really like it out there and have more friends for themselves and the kids. I get that, so the wife and I decided we will sell this place and move to a place we really like and not worry so much about being really close to them. We've been told before to never follow your kids because they'll eventually move on and away from where you are anyway. It actually came true in our case. So we are gong to please ourselves this time and not worry about them. They will only be about a 3 hour drive away so that's not to awful bad. Our other daughter is all settled and loves Arizona still and that's okay with us too. We went on a trip to Nebraska last week and actually looked at some places there as well. We just couldn't talk ourselves into living with that super cold, freezing winter weather they have up there anymore. Our families are all doing very well so there's really no need to be there just yet. My dad is doing much better then I was told so that's very good too. I think they just wanted me to move back there again, which I can understand too. We've been away since 1989. We do plan on going back there during the summers to visit and help out where we can, just not going to live there. So, I'll be a postin' again in here when we get another place figured out. Most likely won't be as nice as this place, but we are sure going to see if we can find something decent. Gotta have the garage too. Take care y'all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let me know how you like TN. We have been talking about moving there...maybe? The heat here is getting old after 25 years. We want something different with maybe mild winters, so most of the country is out because of that. We don't care to move just to be close to the kids. They CAN visit us, they are younger and let them do the traveling. I will probably miss AZ if we move, but I think it's time now. Everything is closing anyway here so no need to stay really. Besides, we are running out of water as well.

• Like 1

We actually love it out here. Clarksville area is more like a city, which we really don't care to have anymore. Where we are going is more small town living like we grew up with and want again. When we get a new location figured out, I'll post up here again about how it is there. Lots of really nice people out here too. People actually will help you if you need it. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors too. One of them came to our house a couple weeks ago and informed us that they all took a vote and said we were banned from moving because everyone likes us. Didn't get that in Phoenix. Hope the new location is just as nice.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, today, I no longer have any ties to Arizona. Sad day for sure. Plates expire at the end of July so I went and got new tags for Grape. Our place here is sold and we will be homeless as of August 3rd. We will be heading to Nebraska after it closes and look for a place there. We may also stay in Tennessee, but that's still up for debate. We have no ties to Tennessee anymore as our daughter and her family will be moving to NC. We do really like it here too. We shall see.

No custom plate yet, not sure that will happen here in Tennessee. 

1190977756_C5GrapeApe-NewTNPlate-07-25-2022.thumb.jpeg.226f0ee8dba7bf9bbad3c9020084c7bb.jpeg

Thanks, may have a place located but I'm keeping it under wraps until it's finalized. Will know more by the weekend I hope.

Mark, I’m getting all confused with all this moving, selling, being homeless, etc. I think a spreadsheet maybe in order here. :lol

I wish you all the best in all life is throwing your way.:thumbs

We too may move once we run out of water…..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grape Ape said:

I no longer have any ties to Arizona.

who are you again???

• Confused 1

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I think I may have said "no ties to Arizona" wrong.....🥴  😏 What I meant was I'll always be tied to Arizona, just not the way it use to be. I'll never forget our time with you all and will miss you tons. We will visit for sure at some point.

We have since my last post, bought a place in Fremont, Nebraska. My wifes home town. 2 acres and another place with a detached insulated garage for me. Ranch style house with a walkout basement. We will be out of TN on August 4th. Grape shipped out this morning and heading to my cousins farm. I'll post pics of the place when I can get up there.

ymAttachment-2b89078a214dfeab.thumb.jpeg.63a3e58e8f1e68a1385845c5eb6d0a3c.jpeg

ymAttachment-af4bdde5258c8e98.thumb.jpeg.2c768c42295c7ae6ce4c172b060c890f.jpeg

Dand, On the road again. Most people HATE to move, yall seem to be enjoying it....J/K, we all know if things yins must be quite stressed bout everything! Hope this move sticks for you guys! All the best!

• Like 1

Good luck with your move, hope everything goes smoothly. I had to look on the map to see where Fremont is. Send pics of your new place once you get settled, especially the garage!  :thumbs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Good luck with your move, hope everything goes smoothly. I had to look on the map to see where Fremont is. Send pics of your new place once you get settled, especially the garage!  :thumbs

Cultural center of Nebraska..........(not really)

Close-ish to Omaha and Lincoln.  Best know for the local hotel blowing up in the 70's, I remember that.  Will guarantee that any local eating establishment or bar will have lots of Cornhusker memorabilia on the walls 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCMSH said:

Cultural center of Nebraska..........(not really)

Close-ish to Omaha and Lincoln.  Best know for the local hotel blowing up in the 70's, I remember that.  Will guarantee that any local eating establishment or bar will have lots of Cornhusker memorabilia on the walls 

I was told Norfolk was the cultural center.

My wife has family scattered from Freemont to southwest of Norfolk.

Might be looking there in a couple of years after retirement so i can help out on the farm.

I'm really hoping this is my last move for a very long time. Winter time will tell me one way or another. Will be nice to be surrounded by Husker stuff again too. I also have family in Norfolk, Oakland, West Point, Wisner, Lyons, Omaha, Lincoln, Fremont.....well, you get the idea. They are everywhere up there. 😏  Fremont will be like central to everyone for us. Plus it's not to big a town where it takes half a day to drive from one side to the other. We will be able to drive to town, buy groceries and get back home within a half hour. Exaggerating a bit? Yeah, maybe, but you get the idea. I'm looking forward to it actually too. It just feels like the right thing to do. Look me up, Yeller, if you get up that way. I'll get a video of the new place when I can and post it here.

• Like 1