Grape Has Left The......Area!

Grape Ape

Hello all, just a little update on our new excursion in life. As most of you know, I retired last November and my wife and I decided to move out of the valley and be closer to the grandkids. Our house in Mesa is sold and gone, we purchased a new place in Clarksville, TN and it's paid for as well so we are all set. My truck was picked up yesterday and is in route to the new place as well are we. Grape gets picked up tomorrow hopefully and will be in an enclosed trailer for his ride. We left the valley also this morning and we made very good time driving. Made it all the way to Amarillo, TX and will be spending the night. Get going in the AM whenever we decide a good time to leave is. We are in no hurry as I have someone lined up to meet the Vette & truck when they arrive. We will surely miss you all, but I will post now and then to stay in touch. So you're not getting rid of me, just not going to be in person much until we can get back to the valley again for a visit. Won't have the Vette, but you all would rather see me anyway.....right!!! Take care y'all and if anyone is ever in Tennessee, send me a PM and I'll give you my info so you can look me up. Later...

• Upvote 1

Teh Grape will surely be missed, and I’m sure will miss you too. :peace:

• Like 1

Safe travels and have one of them 72oz steaks for me at that steakhouse in Amarillo.

• Like 1

We are gonna miss you and Grape for sure!

I will be within 30 miles of Clarksville on May 7th, so I will be reaching out before then to see if you are going to be home and up for a brief visit. . .

Safe travels, and all the best getting settled into your awesome new garage. . . (and the house too). :thumbs

• Like 1

Happy trails Mark!!! Enjoy your retirement as you and your family start the next chapter of your lives. Grape rules!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. 2nd day of travel is under the belt. Had another great day, ran into rain just into Arkansas for roughly 45 minutes. When it rains here, it REALLY rains here. Man, what a downpour. We still have roughly 5 hours left for tomorrow's drive. Not to bad.....the old Equinox had a rough time leaving Arizona up and over the hills, but it made it. Hoping we can get into Clarksville before the truck gets there too. Might be there tomorrow but is scheduled for Wednesday. Got an email that said Grape was also picked up today and will meet me Wednesday sometime. Praying it gets there safely. My contact person that met the driver said he didnt speak hardly any English. When I spoke with him the other day, he sounded pretty Russian to me. Really can't wait to get this drive over. These econo-cheap-motels SUUUUUCK. Guess that's what I get for being cheap though. I quit smoking 7 years ago and I can't stand the smell of it in my room anymore. 

Take care y'all and I'll post some pics when Grape shows up.

Best of luck with the move! Tennessee will benefit from a touch of the Grape!

• Like 1

Well, been a long 3 days. The drive from Arizona to Tennessee is over and we are in our new home. Got here like, just in time to meet the driver that had my truck. He lives in the Nashville area too so he waited for me. We were about 2 hours from our place when he called, so he said he would wait for us. Great timing or what!!! The truck made it in great shape and no extra damage. Fits great in its new stable too. Hoping Grape gets here tomorrow and then its wait for the pods to get our furniture in place. Staying at our daughter's place until the 15th when those arrive, then unloaded on the 16th. Just in time for Easter. Soooo happy to be here and starting this new chapter in our lives. Hope it's the right decision, but feels good so far.

Thanks for all the well wishes too. It's tough to leave friends we've had for so many years.

VideoCapture_20220405-211845.thumb.jpg.9fe4ce8d290e3746d7bcae13e626a2e1.jpg

VideoCapture_20220405-212027.thumb.jpg.05ea623ac92e969e3389b7701ea184f3.jpg

47 minutes ago, Grape Ape said:

Well, been a long 3 days. The drive from Arizona to Tennessee is over and we are in our new home. Got here like, just in time to meet the driver that had my truck. He lives in the Nashville area too so he waited for me. We were about 2 hours from our place when he called, so he said he would wait for us. Great timing or what!!! The truck made it in great shape and no extra damage. Fits great in its new stable too. Hoping Grape gets here tomorrow and then its wait for the pods to get our furniture in place. Staying at our daughter's place until the 15th when those arrive, then unloaded on the 16th. Just in time for Easter. Soooo happy to be here and starting this new chapter in our lives. Hope it's the right decision, but feels good so far.

Thanks for all the well wishes too. It's tough to leave friends we've had for so many years.

Glad to see you have arrived safely!   :thumbs

• Like 1

Glad to hear you made it.

Invest in one of those weather alert radios that go off when bad weather is approaching your area.

• Like 1

I did just that, will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Well, Grape has arrived at the new home. Got here about 9:30 PM local time. He looks good, pretty dusty, but overall good. No damage to speak of or that I could see in the dark. One thing I can say about this place, when it gets dark, it gets DARK!!! He is happy and tucked away safely in his new place and I'll have a better look see tomorrow when I can get back over there. The driver wasn't from this country either. Most of our conversions were via text. Think he was from either Greece or Russia. He also had a hard time figuring out how to back it out of the trailer. He kept turning the wheel and the passenger side would have rubbed the opening if he kept going. I tired to tell him what he was doing wrong but just couldn't get it. This was worse then trying to marshal in an aircraft with a new pilot. I almost kicked him out of the car and told him I'd do it.  But, it's over and the car is safe and sound. Plus the neighbors don't know what's in the garage yet since most were probably in bed. They may be a bit nosey too as we were leaving with the truck earlier today and one of them took a picture of us when we left the housing area. 🤭  😆 All vehicles are now accounted for. 

Take care y'all and I'm going to see ya 'round.

Screen shots from a video, poor quality. Better shots tomorrow.

2084754247_Screenshot_20220406-230149_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.741548e76171dda9d9be791ac81a136c.jpg

828379357_Screenshot_20220406-230230_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.36bbc1f87fc82f262ede4861d6d6f6a3.jpg

1813820125_Screenshot_20220406-230303_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.3c3de14239c302f77ca960d7b60c6372.jpg

Whew! That's a big load off your mind for sure. Say howdy to the neighbors with a big cold start rumble at dawn - let 'em know the Grape is in town.

• Like 1

Thank god it got there. I wasnt really up for a Russian invasion looking for grape. Lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm super relieved this chapter is over. Safe and sound in the new digs. I'll be trying to finish off the garage this summer. Little bit at a time when I get time. Need to get my detail stuff here now and get to work.

20220407_122934.thumb.jpg.7f19a1ab4f528a00c640651c2c89d96a.jpg

20220407_122833.thumb.jpg.e721dc54ec9d2d2533b45fd98f6b4d63.jpg

20220407_122925.thumb.jpg.786fcaf5bcc96a4c1f8e8b9e93fb2e62.jpg

20220407_122845.thumb.jpg.00ac252bc84a250be0722a1744884b7c.jpg

20220407_122909.thumb.jpg.80df648e494d2cdb7e998650737846bf.jpg

20220407_122853.thumb.jpg.e1486dfce693528092c9f002ca0e476b.jpg

20220407_122823.jpg

Glad your trip worked out for you! Also glad we got the opportunity to wish you and the wife good luck and goodbye! Take care and thanks for being a friend.image.gif.917b3e9825daed9074726fdac002d848.gif

• Like 1

Gosh, seeing your new garage vs what your old garage looked like, it seems like you've got a blank canvas to start over. That's gonna be fun. Send pics!!!

• Like 1

Glad to hear everything has arrived and in good condition. Cross country moves are a PITA. Relax for a while and make lots of sketches and measurements before doing the garage project. Now that you're retired, you'll question how you ever found time to work. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For a 2-car garage, your new garage looks massive compared to what we get here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Gary. So far we are enjoying the area very much. Haven't had a chance to get to any cruise in's but I do have plans to attend the NCM Bash next weekend. Won't have the car ready so I will be just a spectator. It will be my 1st, and not last, one so I'll be taking a lot in and walking around and looking at everything I can. I'll post pics when I get them. Really miss hanging around with you all too.

• Upvote 1